Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN (294 Views)

Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections / Kanu Should Face Justice, Says Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma / Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by frankwyte: 9:26am On Sep 04, 2018
ABUJA—Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, yesterday, described the rule of law as an essential element in any democratic society, maintaining that justice could not be effectively delivered when the supremacy of law was not respected. Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, Justice Onnoghen spoke at a national workshop for Chief Registrars, Deputy Chief Registrars, Directors and Secretaries of Judicial Service Commissions/Committee, held at National Judicial Institute, NJI, in Abuja. While fielding questions from some of the participants, the CJN said he had on various occasions in the past, harped on the necessity of allowing the rule of law to prevail in the country. He said: “I have said it repeatedly that we we should let the law prevail in every aspect of our lives. It is only then that justice will flow down. “When I was sworn in as the acting CJN then, I was asked to make a speech even though I did not prepare for it. On that occasion, I told them, members of the executives were there, including Mr. President. I told them that rule of law must be respected.” It will be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari had in an address he presented at the opening ceremony of the Annual General Conference of Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, declared that he would continue to place national security and interest above the rule of law. President Buhari maintained that individual rights of alleged offenders would not be spared when national security and public interest were threatened. Meanwhile, the CJN said the workshop was part of measures to reinvigorate the judiciary to be able to administer justice without fear or favour. He said: “The theme of this workshop, ‘Applying Best Practices in Court Administration’, is deliberate. It captures our efforts in ensuring better justice delivery in Nigeria, which has become imperative especially if justice is viewed within the context of service delivery. It also brings to focus the present challenges in court administration. “The theme of this workshop underscores the fact that the public perception of the judiciary is largely determined by how we apply best practices in the business of the court. “Thus, when the top echelons of the judiciary are properly trained, fully equipped and highly conscientious, then our judiciary will function optimally and further deepen public confidence in our ability to administer justice without fear or favour, affection or ill will.” In her speech, the Administrator of the NJI, Justice R. P. I. Bozimo, said the judiciary could only mature when it embarks on positive innovation in the discharge of its statutory responsibilities. “As court administrators, it is important to note that effective court administration requires not only a strong court management team, but also people of exemplary character. “You must be fair, transparent and diligent in carrying out your duties. You are to ensure your staff respect all court users, be punctual to work and be of good conduct.”

Read more at https://www.vanguardngr.com
Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by sarrki(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2018
Agreed in a sane society
Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by slivertongue: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2018
Drum it in 2d ears of GMB &minions who think their common sense is above d law
Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by Racoon(m): 10:01am On Sep 04, 2018
"...Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, yesterday, described the rule of law as an essential element in any democratic society, maintaining that justice could not be effectively delivered when the supremacy of law was not respected..."
Thanks CJN.What the AGF & Osinbajo failed to tell their illiterate but power-drunk tyrannt boss.Fela's "Beast of No Nation" readily comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
sarrki:
Agreed in a sane society
Adeke sad
Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by magoo10(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
God bless you sir for standing on the path of truth.

Zombies will still come and call him pig and idiot for not allowing tyranny against the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by Racoon(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2018
sarrki:
Agreed in a sane society
grin grin cheesy
"According to the House, the President cannot approbate and reprobate unilaterally without the inputs of the legislature and the judiciary which made up the pillars of democracy in the country.
They also said it is the usurpation of legislative powers constitutionally inherent in the National Assembly to make laws for the country.."

http://www.vondanews.com/reps-reject-president-buharis-executive-order/
Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by magoo10(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2018
sarrki:
Agreed in a sane society
you mean a sane society without an insane lifeless president.

1 Like

Re: Rule Of Law Must Be Respected For Sake Of Justice, Says CJN by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2018
CJN is an enemy of state - Saŕrki

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Idea On Restructuring Vague: VP Osinbajo Replies In Weighty Letter / What Femi Fani-kayode Said After Meeting Police On Invitation / I Have My Blue Print And Plan Of Action For Ohuhu – Chief Emeka Utah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.