Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,831 members, 7,898,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! (504 Views)

Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! by Emusan(m): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2018
May God help us through this lengthy thread but I'll try as much as possible to make it short.

Many comments on the other thread fall below Biblical understand of God's dealing with the Israelites.

What I'll stress out here is called Biblical Consummation! as this will help us to understand Christ and His relationship with the Old Testament.

What is Biblical Consummation?
Biblical Consummation is bringing to reality the depicting pictures of the old revelation. This consummation is perfectly done by Christ Jesus.

Just as Christ Himself said; "Do not think that I have come to ABOLISH the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to ABOLISH them but to fulfill (consummate) them." Matt 5:17 emphasis mine!

The Lord Jesus doesn’t abolish the Hebrew Bible, but perfectly fulfills it in his life and teachings. What the Lord Jesus was basically telling the people is that the Hebrew Bible was specifically revealed in such a way so as to find its true meaning and completion in the Messiah’s work and interpretation of it.

The Law and the Prophets are now subsumed and consummated in the Gospel of God’s kingdom as proclaimed in the life, ministry, death and resurrection of the King himself, the Lord Jesus.

"...For, being ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Romans 10:1-4

Christ is the focal point of the Law, the very One who consummates the Law as he brings it to its completion and fulfillment.

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor
to lead us to Christ , so that we may be justified by faith." Galatians 3:24

The OT Scriptures contained shadows, types, analogies, and copies of spiritual realities that awaited the coming of Christ. OT peoples, places, events and things were deliberately designed to be copies of a far greater spiritual reality, with Christ manifesting that reality through his fulfillment of it. The NT Scriptures are basically the record of how Christ unveiled the spiritual reality underlying the OT revelation:

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. ... He said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’ Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. Luke 24:27, 45

Here is an example of how Christ consummated specific practices in order to bring out their true spiritual meaning.

Dietary Laws: The category where Eating of Pig and unclean things belong!

Old Testament Precedence

God told Moses that the dietary laws were given in order to distinguish Israel from the nations:

"For I am the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground. For I am the LORD who brought you up out of the land of Egypt to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. This is the law about beast and bird and every living creature that moves through the waters and every creature that swarms on the ground, to make a distinction between the unclean and the clean and between the living creature that may be eaten and the living creature that may not be eaten." Leviticus 11:44-47

"You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, which I have separated for you as unclean. Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the LORD am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine." Leviticus 20:25-26

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. You shall not eat any abomination. These are the animals you may eat: …" Deuteronomy 14:1-4a

These restrictions were intended to convey a spiritual truth, that Israel was distinct from the Gentiles by virtue of being God’s covenant people.

Consummation in the New Testament
The Apostle Peter, one of the Lord Jesus’ closest disciples, had some very interesting visions regarding clean versus unclean animals which helps provide further illumination on the purpose behind the dietary laws:
"...And the voice came to him again a second time, ‘What God has made clean, do not call common.’ This happened THREE TIMES, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven....And while Peter was pondering the vision, the Spirit said to him, ‘Behold, THREE MEN are looking for you. Rise and go down and accompany them without hesitation, for I have sent them....‘You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, BUT GOD HAS SHOWN ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANY PERSON COMMON OR UNCLEAN..." Act 10

In other words, the unclean animals represented the Gentiles whom God was now going to make clean through faith in the Lord Jesus, thereby destroying any distinction between them and Israel: Read Ephesians 2:11-22

What this basically means is that the dietary distinctions were shadows that pointed to a greater reality; this reality being that God had left the Gentiles unclean for a while. That is why, as we have already shown, God instructed Israel to abstain from certain things in order to show them the distinction being made between them and the other nations. But now that the Messiah had come God was no longer going to keep the Gentiles in their uncleanness. He would now purify them along with Israel through belief and repentance in the name of the Lord Jesus: Read Acts 15:7-11

It is little wonder that now that the spiritual reality has come, now that the archetype has arrived, the shadow and copy are no longer binding in their original form and all foods are now declared clean:

"And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable....Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?’ ( Thus he declared all foods clean .) And he said, ‘What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.’" Mark 7:16-23

Credit: Sam Shamoun www.answering-islam.org
Re: RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! by oaroloye(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2019
MISHIGAS!

You are a very wicked person, and your Soul is surely lost, at this rate!

Emusan:

May God help us through this lengthy thread but I'll try as much as possible to make it short.

WHEN A CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITE DECEIVES PEOPLE, THEY SAY: "LET GOD HELP US!"

.     EXODUS 20:1-7.

AND God Spake
all these Words,
Saying,

2. "I (am) The LORD thy God,
Which have brought thee
out of The Land of Egypt,
out of The House of Bondage.

3. "Thou shalt have
no other gods before Me.

4. "Thou shalt not
make unto thee
any graven image,
or any likeness (of any thing)
that (is) in the Earth beneath,
or that (is) in the Water
under the Earth:
5. "Thou shalt not
bow down thyself to them,
nor serve them:
for I The LORD thy God
(am) a Jealous God,
visiting the iniquity
of the fathers
upon the third
and fourth (generation)
of them that Hate Me.
6. "And shewing Mercy
unto thousands of them
which Love Me,
and Keep My Commandments.

7. "Thou shalt not
take The Name
of The LORD thy God
in vain;
for The LORD will not
hold him guiltless
that taketh His Name
in vain."

WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE IS TAKEN THE NAME OF GOD IN VAIN!

Emusan:

Many comments on the other thread fall below Biblical understand of God's dealing with the Israelites.

. JOB 28:28.

28. "And unto Man He Said,

'BEHOLD,
THE FEAR OF THE LORD,
THAT IS WISDOM;
AND TO DEPART FROM EVIL,
IS UNDERSTANDING.' "

. JOB 39:13-18.

13. "Gavest thou the goodly wings
unto the peacocks?
or wings and feathers
unto the ostrich?
14. "Which leaveth
her eggs in the earth,
and warmeth them in dust,
15. "And forgetteth
that the foot may crush them,
or that the wild beast
may break them.
16. "She is hardened
against her young ones,
as though they were not her's:
her labour is in vain without fear;
17. "Because God hath
deprived her of Wisdom,
neither hath He
imparted to her Understanding.
18." What time she
lifteth up herself on high,
she scorneth
the horse and his rider."

. PSALM 111:10.

10. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Wisdom:
a Good Understanding
have all they
that do His Commandments:
His Praise endureth for ever.

. PROVERBS 1:7.

7. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Knowledge:
but Fools despise
Wisdom and Instruction.

. PROVERBS 9:10.

10. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Wisdom:
and The Knowledge of
The Holy is Understanding.

.   ISAIAH 55:6-11.

6. Seek ye The LORD,
while He may be found,
call ye upon Him
while He is near.
7. Let the Wicked
forsake his Way,
and the Unrighteous Man
his Thoughts:
and let him return
unto The LORD,
and He will have Mercy
upon him;
and to our God,
for He will abundantly pardon.

8. "FOR MY THOUGHTS
(ARE) NOT YOUR THOUGHTS,
NEITHER ARE YOUR WAYS
MY WAYS," saith The LORD.
9. "FOR (AS) THE HEAVENS
ARE HIGHER
THAN THE EARTH,
SO ARE MY WAYS
HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS,
AND MY THOUGHTS
THAN YOUR THOUGHTS.

10. "For as the rain
cometh down,
and the snow from Heaven,
and returneth not thither,
but watereth the earth,
and maketh it bring forth
and bud,
that it may give seed
to the Sower,
and bread to the Eater:
11. "So shall My Word be
that goeth forth
out of My Mouth:
It shall not
return unto Me void,
but It shall accomplish
that which I please,
and It shall prosper
(in the thing)
whereto I sent It."

. DANIEL 12:2-3.

2. And many of them
that sleep in
the dust of the Earth
shall awake,
some to Everlasting Life,
and some to Shame
(and) Everlasting Contempt.
3. And they that be Wise
shall shine as
the Brightness of the Firmament;
and they that turn
many to Righteousness
as the stars for ever and ever.

. DANIEL 12:10.

10. Many shall be purified,
and made white,
and tried:
but the Wicked
shall do wickedly:
and none of the Wicked
shall Understand;
but the Wise
shall Understand.

THE BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF "UNDERSTANDING" IS: KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

Failure-to-Understand can only be FAILURE TO KEEP GOD'S COMMANDMENTS.

The Hebrew Israelite Adult, long before their 20th birthday, have already learned and committed to keep the 613 (by Massoretes' estimation) Commandments of The Law of God by Moses, without reservation nor dispute- otherwise, they are no longer Israelites.

. NUMBERS 15:27-31.

27. "And if any man Sin
through Ignorance,
then he shall bring
a She Goat of the first year
for a Sin Offering.
28. "And the Priest
shall make an Atonement
for the Soul
that Sinneth Ignorantly,
when he Sinneth
by Ignorance
before The LORD,
to make an Atonement
for him,
and it shall be
forgiven him.
29. " Ye shall have one Law
for him that Sinneth Ignorantly
(both for) him
that is born
among the Children of Israel,
and for the Stranger
that sojourneth
among them.
30. "But the Soul
that doeth
(ought) presumptuously,
(whether he be)
born in the land,
or a Stranger,
the same reproacheth
The LORD;
and that Soul
shall be cut off
from among his people.
31. "Because he hath
despised The Word
of The LORD,
and hath broken
His Commandment,
that Soul
shall utterly be cut off;
his Iniquity
(shall be) upon him."

GENTILES HAVE NO SUCH COMMITMENT.

A Gentile talking about The Law, and having no idea what they are talking about is par.

They cannot know what they cannot know, and therefore blunder into error and defilement, exactly as a PIG blunders into MUD, and thinks that it is doing well.

It is painful, for those with understanding, to watch the antics of those without understanding.

Emusan:

What I'll stress out here is called Biblical Consummation! as this will help us to understand Christ and His relationship with the Old Testament.

What is Biblical Consummation?
Biblical Consummation is bringing to reality the depicting pictures of the old revelation. This consummation is perfectly done by Christ Jesus.

Just as Christ Himself said; "Do not think that I have come to ABOLISH the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to ABOLISH them but to fulfill (consummate) them." Matt 5:17 emphasis mine!

The Lord Jesus doesn’t abolish the Hebrew Bible, but perfectly fulfills it in his life and teachings. What the Lord Jesus was basically telling the people is that the Hebrew Bible was specifically revealed in such a way so as to find its true meaning and completion in the Messiah’s work and interpretation of it.

The Law and the Prophets are now subsumed and consummated in the Gospel of God’s kingdom as proclaimed in the life, ministry, death and resurrection of the King himself, the Lord Jesus.

WHEN THE OYINBO PHILOSOPHER DECEIVER IS LOSING THE DEBATE, THEY SALVAGE THE FIGHT BY INTRODUCING A NEW WORD!

This New Word completely changes the Battleground.

"THE VICTORIOUS GENERAL TAKES HIS OPPONENT TO THE BATTLEFIELD, AND IS NOT TAKEN THERE BY HIM!"- Sun Tzu.

The victim is unfamiliar with this new term's applications, which their Philosophical Enemy aggressively uses to defeat them, before they ever realize what is happening.

This strategy will not work, if the intended victim happens to know more about the newly-introduced technical term than the Deceiver.

Their only defense against this is to introduce more new terms.

Your error is based on the deliberate misunderstanding of KEY WORDS:

"GOD:" one who defines Good, Right, and Truth- but later retracts those definitions as suits His Hidden Purposes.

That is not The Bible God.

"UNDERSTANDING:" an interpretation of the Scriptures defined by YOU; any alternative is to be regarded as mere opinion.

This is not the Biblical definition of "UNDERSTANDING."

"CONSUMMATION:" if The Law given to ALL PEOPLE is fulfilled by ONE person only, NO ONE ELSE has to keep The Law.

This word does not appear in the whole Bible, and only ONE person introduced the concept- namely, PAUL: THE PHARISEE.

ALL of his Doctrines come from PHARISEE PRINCIPLES which Lord Yeshua explicitly condemned as EVIL AND UNCLEAN.

2,000 years of Oyinbo Theologians have pretended not to notice that.

Emusan:

"...For, being ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Romans 10:1-4

THE COMPOSITION OF THE BIBLE CANON WAS DETERMINED BY A LITERAL MADMAN NAMED ORIGEN ADAMANTIUS- WHO "PROVED" HIMSELF MORE RIGHTEOUS THAN ANYONE ELSE, BY CASTRATING HIMSELF!

He is the one to be blamed for the misperception that PAUL'S Teachings not only have ANY importance at all, but also SUPERSEDE Lord Yeshua's Teachings.

. LUKE 6:39-40.

39. And he Spake a Parable
unto them,

"Can the blind lead the blind?
shall they not both
fall into the ditch?
40. "The disciple is not
above his master:
but every one that is perfect
shall be as his master."

ACCORDING TO LORD YESHUA, THE SUCCESSOR CANNOT SUPERSEDE THE SUCCEEDED.

Pharisee "logic" said that grown children are equal to their parents, and can resist their orders.

Therefore, having redefined parenthood to be the process of creating one's equal, they then charged Lord Yeshua with BLASPHEMY, for saying that he was THE SON OF GOD, claiming that that MEANT that he was EQUAL with God.

. PHILIPPIANS 2:5-11.

5. Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being
in the form of God,
thought it not robbery
to be equal with God:
7. But made himself
of no reputation,
and took upon him
the form of a servant,
and was made
in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion
as a man,
he humbled himself,
and became
obedient unto Death,
even the Death of the Cross.
9. Wherefore God also
hath highly exalted him,
and given him a Name
Which is above every name:
10. That at the Name of Jesus
every knee should bow,
of things in Heaven,
and things in Earth,
and things under the Earth;
11. And that every tongue
should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the Glory of God The Father.

THIS IS A LIE, AND NOT THE GOSPEL AT ALL, BUT THE LEAVEN OF THE PHARISEES.

. JOHN 14:28.

28. "Ye have heard
how I Said unto you,

'I GO AWAY,
AND COME AGAIN
UNTO YOU.'

If ye loved me,
ye would rejoice,
because I Said,

'I GO UNTO
THE FATHER:'

for my Father
is greater than I."

. JOHN 20:17.

17. "Jesus Saith unto her,

"Touch me not;
for I am not yet
ascended to my Father:
but go to my Brethren,
and say unto them,

'I ASCEND
UNTO MY FATHER,
AND YOUR FATHER;
AND TO MY GOD,
AND TO YOUR GOD.' "

Lord Yeshua would have indeed thought it robbery to be called equal with God!

But this was the basis on which Lord Yeshua and his True Believing Disciples, were condemned to death.

Therefore there is the hijacking of The Gospel by Undercover Roman Catholics, who teach that LORD YESHUA IS COEQUAL WITH GOD.

[See: THE ANATHANSIUS CREED.]

The whole point of elevating Lord Yeshua to the Level of GOD, is to raise PAUL to the Level of LORD YESHUA.

. EPHESIANS 2:1-18.

AND you hath He quickened,
who were dead
in Trespasses and Sins;
2. Wherein in time past
ye walked according to
the Course of this World,
according to the Prince
of the Power of the Air,
the spirit that now worketh
in the Children of Disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all
had our conversation
in times past
in the Lusts of our Flesh,
fulfilling the Desires
of the Flesh
and of the Mind;
and were by nature
the Children of Wrath,
even as others.
4. But God,
Who is rich in Mercy,
for His Great Love
wherewith He Loved us,
5. Even when we were
dead in Sins,
hath quickened us
together with Christ,
[by Grace ye are Saved;]
6. And hath raised us
up together,
and made us sit together
in Heavenly Places
in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come
he might shew the exceeding
Riches of his Grace
in His Kindness
toward us through
Christ Jesus.
8. For by Grace are ye Saved
through Faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the Gift of God:
9. Not of Works,
lest any man should boast.
10. For we are His Workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus
unto Good Works,
Which God hath
before Ordained
that we should walk in Them.
11. Wherefore remember,
that ye being in time past
Gentiles in the flesh,
who are called Uncircumcision
by that which is called
the Circumcision in the flesh
made by hands;
12. That at that time
ye were without Christ,
being aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel,
and Strangers from
The Covenants of Promise,
having no Hope,
and without God in the World:
13. But now in Christ Jesus
ye who sometimes
were far off
are made nigh
by the Blood of Christ.
14. For he is our Peace,
who hath made both one,
and hath broken down
the middle Wall of Partition
between us;
15. Having abolished
in his flesh
The Enmity,
even The Law
of Commandments
contained in Ordinances;
for to make in himself
of twain
one new man,
so making Peace;
16. And that he might
reconcile both unto God
in one Body by the Cross, having slain the Enmity
thereby:
17. And came and preached
Peace to you
which were afar off,
and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him
we both have Access
by One Spirit unto The Father.

THE AVERAGE GENTILE WOULD BE COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF PAUL'S ABOMINABLE TACTICS, AND TOTALLY FALL FOR HIS FLATTERY!

. PROVERBS 7:1-27.

MY Son, keep my Words,
and lay up My Commandments
with thee.
2. Keep My Commandments,
and live;
and My Law as
the apple of thine eye.
3. Bind them upon thy fingers,
write them upon
the table of thine heart.
4. Say unto Wisdom,

"THOU ART MY SISTER;"

and call Understanding
thy kinswoman:
5. That they may keep thee
from the strange woman,
from the stranger
which flattereth with her Words.
6. For at the window of my house
I looked through my casement,
7. And beheld among
the simple ones,
I discerned among the youths,
a young man
void of Understanding,
8. Passing through the street
near her corner;
and he went the way to her house,
9. In the twilight,
in the evening,
in the black and dark night:
10. And, behold,
there met him a woman
with the attire of an harlot,
and subtil of heart.
11. [She is loud and stubborn;
her feet abide not in her house:
12. Now is she without,
now in the streets,
and lieth in wait at every corner.]
13. So she caught him,
and kissed him,
and with an impudent face
said unto him,

14. "I HAVE
PEACE OFFERINGS WITH ME,
THIS DAY HAVE I
PAYED MY VOWS.
15. "THEREFORE CAME I FORTH
TO MEET THEE,
DILIGENTLY TO SEEK THY FACE,
AND I HAVE FOUND THEE.
16. "I HAVE DECKED MY BED
WITH COVERINGS OF TAPESTRY,
WITH CARVED WORKS,
WITH FINE LINEN OF EGYPT.
17. "I HAVE PERFUMED MY BED
WITH MYRRH, ALOES,
AND CINNAMON.
18. "COME, LET US TAKE
OUR FILL OF LOVE
UNTIL THE MORNING:
LET US SOLACE OURSELVES
WITH LOVES.
19. "FOR THE GOODMAN
IS NOT AT HOME,
HE IS GONE A LONG JOURNEY:
20. "HE HATH TAKEN A BAG OF MONEY WITH HIM,
AND WILL COME HOME
AT THE DAY APPOINTED."

21. With her much Fair Speech
she caused him to yield,
with the flattering of her lips
she forced him.
22. He goeth after her straightway,
as an ox goeth to the slaughter,
or as a fool to the correction
of the stocks;
23. Till a dart strike
through his liver;
as a bird hasteth to the snare,
and knoweth not
that it is for his life.

24. Hearken unto me
now therefore,
O ye Children,
and attend to the Words
of My Mouth.

25. LET NOT THINE HEART
DECLINE TO HER WAYS,
GO NOT ASTRAY IN HER PATHS.
26. FOR SHE HATH CAST DOWN
MANY WOUNDED:
YEA, MANY STRONG MEN
HAVE BEEN SLAIN BY HER.
27. "HER HOUSE IS
THE WAY TO HELL,
GOING DOWN
TO THE CHAMBERS
OF DEATH.".

YOU PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT THE KOSHER/TREIF LAW IS ABOUT, BUT IN REALITY, YOU ARE JUST STRINGING US ALONG, UNTIL YOU CAN STAB US WITH YOUR POISONED DAGGER OF FALSE DOCTRINE, AND KILL US!

OpenYourEyes1:

Note that no food is forbidden for believers.

REALLY! WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

Someone who broke The Commandments of God, and invited us to do the same.

(1) (Reply)

End Of Days’: Birth Of Red Heifer In Israel Signals Coming Of Messiah Claim Hebr / Indian Man Buries Himself Alive In A Bid To Resurrect As God Three Days Later / Not Needing God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.