Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,725 members, 7,933,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:21 PM

Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts (25711 Views)

Each Nigerian Owes N396,376 As Public Debt Rises To N87.4 Trillion / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Kanixt(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
God punish apc

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by arantess: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
Depressing news all the time from this country

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
I ain't paying Shiit
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by AnanseK(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
Deziani Allison Madueke can pay for all of us with her master card and will not feel anything at all.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Glink2018(m): 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
Who owe know themselves.

Nah visa dey hold me now, if visa land , I don commot for the zoogeria where fulani herdsman is their leader.

What a country?

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Ironlion1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
This is the change we have all been waiting.
Those clamouring for him to continue to 2023 be prepared to repay debt until you die.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Sijo01(f): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
The country is deep in debt yet the lifeless one is busy sharing recovered loot to his kinsmen he claimed to be poor.

5 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by frowland(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
dukie25:
Under Buhari, we have borrowed more money than any other administration.
We now owe every major country even though the IMF says we can't repay it.

Even US cannot repay their $30 Trillion talk more of 9ja's paltry $10billion. Forget, its all politics.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Cozbymaster97(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
It's alright.. Buhari well done, we can see ur handiwork in China ��

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by blkmum700: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
so fu....ck what, as long as the money is used for infrastructures, who cares if I own 10 trillion, all I care to see is good roads, railways connecting the country together, I will be happier if we can loan more money to have High Speed trains that can travel 300kph .
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by IkemChris(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari must not die till he pays all the money he borrowed from China.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by seenga(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
They should come and hold my cloth. Nonsense!!!

It's MURIC and Miyetti Allah that's owing China. Not my humble self.

8 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by daryt: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
SCary enough ..babu will still win in 2019 and still borrow even more money...

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by israelmao(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Owing and paying debt directly or indirectly.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Felixv: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nigeria's foreign reserves stand at about $46bn ..up from what mr jonathan left it at about $29bn --in spite of low oil prices we have managed to continuously increase our foreign reserve

now how much do we owe china --less than $9bn.

there is no other country willing to help nigeria build her infrastructure except china ,and they are also providing the money for that. the IMF along with the opposition politicians are just playing politics.

during the pdp years , Nigeria was selling oil at over 100 dollars a barrel yet there is absolutely nothing to show for it..even the foreign reserves were depleted.

this administration is very prudent at managing the nations resources that even JAMB is returning money to the nations coffers.

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by AlphaStyles(m): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
Make china go meet the people wey dem borrow money because i no owe anybody anything
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

You are owing more than N15,000. Bubu signed it, you and your siblings and friends endorsed it.

When you lot finish contributing money for Bubu’s presidential ticket form, you should all start another contribution in earnest to pay off the debt.

7 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by ZeroShenanigan(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
I want to pay my debt now, cuz I don't like gbese, how do I pay
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
damiloladuke:
For the N3 trillion Nigeria has received from China in the last four years, every Nigerian owes China N15,000 in debt. That’s just N3,000 short of minimum wage, Daily Trust reports.

The debt comes from two huge tranches of aid from China: $3.1 billion in 2014 and $6 billion for infrastructure in the last three years, according to political analyst Theophilus Abbah.

Simple mathematics. Divide the combined total, just over N3 trillion, by the 198 million population Nigeria always talks about: that’s a nice N15,000 in debt to China for every Nigerian.

And that doesn’t even include the loan agreement signed this week in Beijing where China pledged $60 billion in credit facilities, a quarter of it interest free.

Analysts say getting governments indebted to China is the republic’s way of outsmarting the US and the UK in Africa trade

“They are active in Liberia, Ghana, Angola,” minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, told Bloomberg.

“They are throwing money where their mouth is and in very many respect is one area where they have beaten both the US, European and British in things like this.

“Africa requires a lot of development funds; China is able to provide it. Not just provide in terms of money but provide with adequate technology.”

The implication is Africa may be unable to resist Chinese trade and international politics.

Recently, at the World Health Assembly, the US proposed watering down recommendations against breastmilk substitutes and threatened all countries who opposed its stand with sanctions.

Only Russia stood up to the US and saved the recommendation.

A United States lawmaker, Rep Chris Smith, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, said in a recent opinion article that China also uses foreign aid as a “bargaining chip” in corrupt African countries with plenty of natural resources for them to exploit.

“AidData, a research laboratory at the College of William and Mary, argued in written testimony submitted to my committee that China effectively buys the votes of African governments at the United Nations; they concluded that if African countries voted with China at the UN an extra 10 per cent of the time, they would receive an 86 per cent bump in assistance,” the lawmaker said.

Nigeria has accepted the Chinese Yuan as a reserve currency, which will begin to compete with the US dollar.

The US lawmaker lamented that the Chinese in-road into Africa could be dangerous.

“All of these trends—rising levels of debt, shoddy infrastructure projects, and investment that permits human rights abusers to consolidate their influence and power—point to serious risks for the future of the African continent.”

https://lailasnews.com/every-nigerian-owes-china-n15000-political-analysts/

For those that are Nigerian owes....not me
My nation hass no xternal debt for now.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by mrpeter010(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
I didn't chop anybodys money
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by RexTramadol1: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wetin we no go owe

Love peddlers sef dey complain of debt by customers

And now, we even owe without our knowledge.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by ajepako(f): 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
megamank:
Make them come collect am from me na.....

This Bros is not smiling at all oh grin grin grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by darlenese(f): 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
thunder fire Bugarri there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Cowbuhari: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

Sarki and APC fellows una own an double grin

30k na im you go pay

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Catastrophe1: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

As the chief defender of the government you shall pay mine also.

3 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by olamath(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
That's how the nation will be begging for what She can produce, with aids and loans the nation becomes dumping ground for fake products at the detriment of local producer and lack of clear development Al policies whenever it will affects donor countries production and sales
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by kennypoju04: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Stupid economist who lack ideas of good economy policy

Get your rmb at #58/¥,offer till 6pm today
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by theoldpretender(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
dukie25:
Under Buhari, we have borrowed more money than any other administration.
We now owe every major country even though the IMF says we can't repay it.

Oil price when Bubu tookover : $75
Oil price in 2016 february: $30
Oil price now : $70

And Nigeria needs oil at $140 to balance the books/have enough to meet needs without borrowing.

Well, this is not a defence of bad governance....but anyone assuming we were going to make it through the low oil price period without borrowing is either dreaming....or just joking.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by IbrahimDamola: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Baba buhari has finished this country.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by emmie14: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
luckysmills:
I owe no man no dept.
Buhari should better be responsible for anything he's borrowing.
Nigeria is owing china. Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by gladisa7: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
I am not owing China 1kobo..Its Buhari n his son yusuf that drives $100k power bike his ozza rooom nyarinyaa..that carries #10M Bang n all their cattles and all d braindea.d people that support him that owe china money. Not me!
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by theoldpretender(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ironlion1:
This is the change we have all been waiting.
Those clamouring for him to continue to 2023 be prepared to repay debt until you die.

Whoever won in 2015....we were going to keep on taking loans once oil prices kept on dropping.

Even under GEJ...your saviour and master...we borrowed money....BECAUSE we needed oil to be at $140 per barrel to be at a point where we could tell china and the IMF 'We don't need your money!"

Oil under Bubu has been oscillating between $75 and $30. And we need oil at $140. And our loans from china did not start 4 years ago.

With the way oil was...anyone thinking we were going to make it without loans...was on a long thing.

That is why we must diversify. Not this economics where we see things like national cake where there is none.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: There Is Serious Gang-Up Against Tinubu In APC - Henry Ajomale / Lagos Government Blocking Our Campaigns, Posters - Jandor Cries Out / Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.