Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,647 members, 7,965,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him (1112 Views)

See The Crippled That Made 1st Class. His Lecturer insulted Him; what happens? / Man Gets His PhD At 65 To Fulfill Promise He Made To His Daughter (Photos) / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by UniqueBaze(m): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
- A Nigerian man has shared the story of how he achieved a doctorate degree after failing for so long

- The man also stated that a lecturer had told him that he was carrying a useless degree

- He noted that he had studied a 4 year course for 7 years because he failed

Toba Bamigboye is the latest doctorate degree holder and he was full of so much joy that he decided to share his story on Facebook.

The man had recounted how he never thought of getting a doctorate degree because he failed a lot while he was in the university. According to Bamigboye, he was left behind by a lot of his classmates because he failed.

He revealed that he studied philosophy for 7 years instead of 4 years because he could not keep up. He noted that he finally graduated with a bachelors degree from the Federal University of Agriculture.

Nigerian man gets his PhD
Nigerian man gets his PhD, recounts how his lecturer told him 'you are carrying a useless degree' Photo source: Facebook user Toba Bamigboye
Bamigboye who had graduated with a third class finally moved on to study his masters and later achieved his PhD.

The man who gave thanks to God for his achievement, recounted the story of how his zoology professor had called his degree a useless one in the university. He stated that the professor would be surprised to hear that the degree had given him the ability to produce three postgraduate degrees abroad.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News

He also expressed sadness that his late father could not rejoice with him. He, however, stated that his father would be happy for him.

Read post below:

"Today I am holding a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) dee. It is not really new that people get a PhD but my own story might be a bit interesting. I graduated from the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) with a third class degree. I did this third class degree for over 7 years. It was a period of horrible experiences. All class mates left me behind I remember I was actually tempted to drop out. But I managed to stay back to at least get a degree so it won't be a wasted years.

Today I have a doctorate degree in the same discipline. I vividly remember a Professor of Zoology in FUNAAB who is popularly known for tyranny told me and I quote "You are carrying a useless degree". I wonder how he will feel when he knows that the useless degree has produced 3 postgraduate degrees outside the shores of Nigeria including a Master of Science degree with a distinction and a Doctorate degree.

May be my story will give him a repentant heart towards poor students and even unserious ones. How things turn around, Christ is the source. All glory to him. I am only sad that my late dad all through the struggle never gave up on me but he did not wait to see this success. He invested all he has to see me succeed. I am sure he is rejoicing in heaven over this. And that is why I dedicate this degree to you my Late Dad (Late Elder Joseph Bamigboye). Death did not make you see this but I am sure you are glad in heaven. My mum intensified prayers and support in a very aggressive manner to see the cup pass over me.

Thanks to her. Also to everyone who did not give up on me in a state of despair you are super hero. It is easy to identify with success but thanks for being close when failure was speaking too loud. To God be all the glory. To every discouraged people out there, please do not focus on the negative and do not be hopeless, and do not give up, it will soon be over."

Brought to you by [url]uniquebaze.com[/url]

Re: Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by dallex10(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
wow
Re: Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by LordIsaac(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Life! What you were designed for you will accomplish. Just time!
Re: Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
so its just about getting the Phd, What has he contributed to the society?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by Donwyz(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
Four40:
u for no like buy sense? e no cost o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Gets His Phd, Recounts How His Lecturer Insulted Him by Michelle55: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
Four40:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

100 Possible Questions From JAMB 2019 Novel (sweet Sixteen) / 2019 Waec Practical Biology Practical Questions And Answers - Biology(expo)runs / Jamb Withheld Result 2019 Latest News & Release Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.