Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,376 members, 7,964,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:24 PM

Nigeria May Not Be That Terrible After All. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Not Be That Terrible After All. (233 Views)

Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible / How Badeh Was Killed - Residents Open Up, Decry Terrible Security Situation / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria May Not Be That Terrible After All. by IBBG(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
After watching a documentary on BBC about what is happening in Burma, where the military who are predominantly buddhist are carrying out a genocide on Rohingha muslims with over 700,000 Rhohingas killed, backed by the government of Burma. With millions migrating to neighbouring bangledash because they being driven out of the country by the military. The source of the ethnic cleansing is religion. It forced me into deep thought about why religion that is suppose to be a source of moral compass responsible for elevating our humanity, has turns humans into savage monsters inflicting monstrous evil and wickedness on fellow humans. Infact majority of killings happening over the world today has religious undertone fueling it. And it leaves me with this line of thought; humans existed before religion came into existence. Implying that you and me have more in common as human beings than religion. It means we are more important than religion and any religion without humanity is dead and should be scrapped. It also means at some point we should drop aside our religion and connect with each other at the humanity level because after all, we are all humans and religion only created a dichotomy among us as a means to find enlightenment into the metaphysical. If you have the effrontery and audacity to be willing to take another man's life in the name of religion then you are a monster that has no business being human rather should be given the treatment monsters deserve.
The gory and horrific tale with harrowing pictures as dipicted by the BBC has made me appreciate God for this country. Yes we have our internal issues with corruption, boko haram, fulani herdsmen, ethnic clashes, cultism etc. But these issues pales in comparison to what is happening in Burma. What we take for granted in this country, some countries are even praying to be in our position. Inasmuch i'm deeply disappointed with where this nation is compared to where it would have potential been, i still thank God it is not at the level of Burma.
I won't stop demanding for good governace and criticizing bad governments. I won't stop campaigning for inept and clueless government to be voted out of power, because my allegiance is first to Nigeria, and because thats how this country will get better.
God bless Nigeria.
And God bless you.

cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria May Not Be That Terrible After All. by KraticKratus: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
The zoo is bad. The zoo must fall.
Re: Nigeria May Not Be That Terrible After All. by megacity: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
That Burma situation is very terrible doesn't take away the fact that Nigeria is terrible

(1) (Reply)

Abia State House Of Assembly Speaker’s Aide Empowers Elderly Woman With A Bicycl / Nigerian Ports Need Improvement To Accelerate Growth Of Mining Sector– Tim With / Http://www.247kadia.com.ng/why-serie-a-is-harder-for-cristiano-ronaldo-than-lali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.