Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,827 members, 7,886,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

Enemies Of Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enemies Of Praise (640 Views)

Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama / All Babies Are Enemies Of God / Understanding The Power Of Praise, Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enemies Of Praise by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2018
Enemies Of Praise

Don't Be Covetous!

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. Luke 12:15 

Another obstacle to a life of praise is covetousness. Nothing is ever enough for the covetous.

People are running helter–skelter daily, because they are under the plague of covetousness.

Oh yes, it is a plague which wipes smiles off its victim's face. The worth of a man is not in what he possesses.

But what is the cure for covetousness?  

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

And having food and raiment, let us be therewith content. 1 Timothy 6:6–8 

Contentment is the answer to covetousness. The Holy Spirit makes us understand that everybody has what it takes to be contented.

He said, "And having food and raiment, let us be therewith content." Note that it says, "having food", not "foods"; "and raiment", not "raiments."

Godliness with contentment is great gain. That means contentment is your open door to great gains in life.

Why? With contentment, you maintain a praisefull life style, which would bring you outstanding liftings.

Covetousness is a plague! Its end is always bitter for its victim. But there is no plague to them that wait for the Lord (Lamentations.3:25–26).

It is my opinion that all robbers and thieves are victims of covetousness; they are greedy and are never satisfied, like the horseleach (Proverbs. 30:15–16).

I've seen quite a lot of people injure themselves through covetousness. Many homes are broken today by it.

For me, I believe that what I don't have, I don't need and it's not safe for me to desire it.

I believe that the reason you do not have a car now is because it is not safe for you to have one now.

When it is safe for you, He won't deprive you of it, for no good thing would He withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Hear this again: covetousness is an enemy of praise; whereas contentment is the gateway for the attainment to greater heights.

Let Go Of The Past

The habit of looking back at past failures is an enemy of praise. You can't live a life of praise until you let go of the negative past. 

For instance, if you are driving a car forward, and rather than facing your front, you concentrate on looking backward, you know of course that you are heading for a ghastly motor accident.

Lay all the troubles of the past to rest! If you have lost anything, He is the reason why you have not lost everything.

You can't praise Him with burdens.

Looking at your negative past all the time will make things negative in your life. Let them go!

The Bible says anyone who puts his hand on the plough and looks back, is not worthy of the kingdom (Luke. 9:62).

That means he is not fit for the blessings of the kingdom.

It is impossible to live a life of praise when you are attached to your negative past. 

Isaiah 43:18 says: 
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 

If you do not let the past be past, you may pass on with it!

God says, instead: 
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19 

It means, if you must know the things God is about to do, let go of the negative past and remove it from your mind and heart.

We are definitely in the days of new things. So, would you let go of the past now?

Apostle Paul has this to say about the past:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13–14

He means to say, "I forget the past, I press towards the future." Looking backward makes you a failure in the faith.

You have gone around that mountain long enough, now go forward!

Remember Lot's wife? As they were leaving Sodom and Gomorrah, she looked backward, and turned to a pillar of salt (Genesis.19:26), a statue of no value.

Let all those troubles of the past rest. The only thing to be remembered in your past should be testimonies.

If they are not testimonies, God commands, "Remember not..." I declare every bitterness planted by the irreparable past dead in your life today, in Jesus' name!

Every depression caused by the irreparable past is broken right now!

There is joy before you today and no man shall take it from you, in Jesus' name. Say with me,"I am free from the weight of the negative past!

Amen.

To be continued...

Understanding The Power Of Praise.

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Helpline, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

See The Key To Good Living: There Will Be No Peace in The World. / Top Secret Of Bishop Oyedepo Revealed / Igbo Traditional Marriage Rite Is Unbiblical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.