Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,991 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

Let's Talk About Mark 12, 41-44( Open Criticism) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Mark 12, 41-44( Open Criticism) (285 Views)

Mark 12:17~ Why Neutrality For Christians / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / Tithing: Misinterpretion And Twisting Of Scripture Mark 12:14-17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Mark 12, 41-44( Open Criticism) by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2018
Morning guys!

take your time to read through this piece.

"41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. 43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

I was having a discussion with a pastor friend some days ago when he suddenly showed me this part of the bible.

He shared a testimony with me... he said he was only left with 300naira before that sunday's service, but he summoned courage and deserted the temptation to eat out of it but the dropped all the money in the church's offering box and even had to trek down home! He further said the following day he received blessings abundantly!

I was forced to go back to that bible verse at my own time!

I realised he was so stupid to have done that!

verse 44 said, They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on

check the bold letters very well, the widow had food at home, but all the money she had to live on was what she dropped!

To me, I think my friend has sinned unto 'God' by paying all what he has, he didn't eat, yet he paid all the 300naira. I asked him later that what if he slumped on his way back from church because he hasn't eaten, what would be his case with God?

I need clarifications on this..... happy Sunday guys!

Drabeey wrote this...
Re: Let's Talk About Mark 12, 41-44( Open Criticism) by SarcasticGenius(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2018
Re: Let's Talk About Mark 12, 41-44( Open Criticism) by Ever8054: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2018
to me,I believe that offering is a thing of the heart noting more.it is the motive behind the giving that matters and not the amount.. God search the heart and not the act.God is a spirit and what he do look out for is the intent of the spirit.unconditional offering is far better than conditional offering..
what I mean by conditional offering is the one found among Christians in our time.offering is like loaning money to God with condition of interest.which to me is not how it should be.
in the story of the woman, Jesus Christ saw how unconditional she gave,she gave out of the abundance of her heart not the abundance of her pocket.Jesus did not emphasis on a reword but rather the unconditional act of giving she performed.
..there is this story of a woman and Elijah,.she used all she had to leave on with her son,she was not even aware of the aftermath of her action that we are reading today.she was not expecting a reward from Elijah but at the end she was rewarded.
so it is the condition of your heart behind your offering that matters not the amount.
what if you give all you have expecting a miracle harvest that may fail to come?.you will lost faith in putting offering right?.
remember the story of Solomon, God told Solomon to ask from him anything,
Solomon asked for unselfish interest which was wisdom to do lead the Gods people.
God was happy with him in his response he said ...."as yeah did not ask for wealth nor the head of your enemies "..can you beat that?...at the end of the day God bless him with things he did not ask for...God love us unconditionally in dealing with him we most not attach conditions....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Think About Your Church Now / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/10/18 / Why It's So Important You Know The Meaning Of This Prayers "Daily Bread"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.