Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,030 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11518 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by jaybee3(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
who is whooping who here
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
truly:

FIFA rules allows you to prosecute corrupt FA officials
FIFA did not ban us when EFCC said it was investigating Glen Hoddle's allegation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/18/glenn-hoddle-nigeria-police-investigation

But you cannot just remove them
And there is a reason for this
Political interference often destroy things - Nitel, NNPC (how many GMD in the last 5 months?)
We suddenly believe that government is the sole agent of good - compare Nitel to MTN

If we allow political interference of this kind under Johnathan, what happens under a thoroughly corrupt government - burial of our sports

I love that, govt just intervened because they are not performing. If they are performing govt will not have intervened. To get a flight from London to south Africa government intervened by getting them air lifted. To get a hotel for super eagles govt intervened, to pay coach govt intervened. then why no just scrap those guys.

As for NNPC & co, govt is intervening to position those organisation. Just see the intervention of govt in MTN & co promo. Govt want to protect innocent Nigeria from fraud in the name of promo, that is what govt is doing  in sports now, to protect innocent Nigerians from untimely death and heart attack from super eagles poor performance. IT IS THE DUTY OF GOVT TO PROTECT THE CITIZEN. HOW MANY SUPER EAGLES WIN WILL BRING BACK THE LIvES OF THOSE THAT DIED DURING THIS WORLD CUP.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
SwtzMinx (f)

.wat d0es d g0vernment have to with f0otbalL apart from funding it??. .
[quote][/quote]

This to me may not be reasonable.

If NFF (theives of the highest other) are not answerable to Government, they should not share our money again.

When Kodjo William became NFA chair man, he talked of establishing a functional Marketing Dept.

he was kicked out like waste water because he is bringing a philosophy that differs from sharing the national cake.

The likes of Odegbami who have profered great ideas are not allowed.

I pity glo wasting its money on an unaccountable body like NFF.

If i may ask SwtzMinx, Where is the financial report of how U-17 2009 was executed?

They have shared the money without accountability.

If our Goverment can not interfere in NFF issue, then never give them our money to share.

because they are using our monies against us.
aring national cake.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Acidosis(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
otukpo:

GJ, u have my support.

No mind FIFA this time. Do whatever u hav to do
to sanitize football administration in Nigeria.

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2010
y me:

true talk,wetin concern me with ball self cheesy cheesy

just come with the whooping stuff jare cheesy
come to the terbanacle and get the whooping u deserve

one quick advice for u, DO NOT GO TO THE SANTIAGO
i heard Ronaldo has a wicked plan for u

u wanna know more about the plan, see me in ma chambers grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2010
jay bee:

who is whooping who here
tkb & yme of course

dont u pretend in here grin grin

@Topic
Jonathan will be sued if they ban us

im gonna sue him; he berra be prepared to pay me money
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2010
The most annoying thing was that; my younger brother in South Africa told me that super eagles players went partying and clubbing after that horrible. There  match with South Korea. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
There was no element of remorse in them at all.  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
otukpo:

GJ, u have my support.

No mind FIFA this time. Do whatever u hav to do
to sanitize football administration in Nigeria.

Ok, what advice and support do you have for him
sanitising PHCN (there are no more prepaid metres again), NNPC, police, customs
Min of Education, Health, PDP
National Asembly?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
We should never forget the fact that football is primarily for entertainment which is why FIFA abhors political interference from it. Secondly how does the President that obviously know the team was grossly underprepared expect them to win the world cup because he spoke to the players. We changed a coach barely 3 months to the world cup, started playing friendlies under a month to competition yet this Phd holder who is our president expects them to do well. He definately has misplace priorities, here we are wallowing in abject poverty; power crisis, lack of adequate healthcare, people dying on the roads cos of their terrible state. Yet the only way our most 'educated' president can show he's a man of action is by banning all national teams from football.

You don't throw away the baby with the birth water, cutting off the head is not the cure for headache. I can bet you if the ban sails through, nothing and I repeat absolutely nothing will be done to improve sports in this country. Instead of curing the disease our doctor president is trying to cure the symptoms. Have we all forgotten that our football started going down after Abacha banned our team from the nations cup then in 1996.

By the Grace of God, this man's hidden agenda to succeed himself will fail woefully.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
@ Princek12

By calling people who are merely expressing their views  fools, u have only betrayed your immaturity and childish attitude.
People like u have no biz on nairaland.
Nairaland is a place for matured, decent and intelligent people.

Rubbish.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2010
You don't throw away the baby with the birth water, cutting off the head is not the cure for headache. I can bet you if the ban sails through, nothing and I repeat absolutely nothing will be done to improve sports in this country. Instead of curing the disease our doctor president is trying to cure the symptoms. Have we all forgotten that our football started going down after Abacha banned our team from the nations cup then in 1996.

By the Grace of God, this man's hidden agenda to succeed himself will fail woefully.
[quote][/quote].

Nice contribution. The NFF should have been reorganized and not an outright ban on our national teams.
It will sure spell doom for our football.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
@ oisehumen

Nice contribution. The NFF should have been reorganized and not an outright ban on our national teams.
It will sure spell doom for our football.

Want to learn a bit from you.

Sir, who will re-organize NFF?

Who?, NFF or someone else?

Kindly, enlighten me.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
Olaolufred:

Kindly, enlighten me.

Arrest and prosecute current NFF officials who embezzled money; invite more qualified candidates to run for office in the next elections; allow the FA of each state to vote openly on LIVE TV the candidate for which they voted
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mrofficial(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA can suck my balls.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
Olaolufred:

Kindly, enlighten me.
Good question
if people have been asking questions, some of our comments wouldnt be tainted with ignorance

do people know that sani Lulu and co are govt. nominees to the NFF?

do people know their is an coming up?

why cant Jonathan ensure Lulu will not even contest the election cos by the time his tenure will be over, the EFCC will be hot on his heels

why cant Jonathan ensure the people he wants will contest and win the election

FIFA will not frown at prosecuting a corrupt football admin; FIFA will not frown at the GOVT changing its representative in NFF cos that has been the norm over the years

why a blanket ban? You can re-structure by discarding the present NFF through the up coming elections
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
@Olaolufred.

The NFF cannot reorganize itself.
But again FIFA rule does not allow any government to scrap any FA.
The move by Presido would have been to use EFCC and ICPC to nail these officials in NFF  and bring in fresh and vibrant people to reorganize the whole body.

Honestly, the whole thing is not funny my guy.
The REAL problem is FIFA's rule this and that  angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by yme1(f): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2010
jay bee:

who is whooping who here
tkb417  wanna be my daddy today so he gat unlimited access to me cheesy

tkb417:

come to the terbanacle and get the whooping u deserve
shocked shocked

one quick advice for u, DO NOT GO TO THE SANTIAGO
i heard Ronaldo has a wicked plan for u
u wanna know more about the plan, see me in ma chambers grin grin grin
on my way to see Ronaldo right away!!!!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2010
according to the reasoning of Jonathan and his NL supporters, the only way to cure cancer is to kill the cancer patient rather than removing from the patient the cancerous cell or treating the patient with radiation therapy. Geez! No wonder Nigeria is backward!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
@tkb417

why cant Jonathan ensure Lulu will not even contest the election cos by the time his tenure will be over, the EFCC will be hot on his heels

why cant Jonathan ensure the people he wants will contest and win the election

Isn't your above comment an Interference? May be i'm mistaking.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

according to Jonathan and his NL supporters, the only way to cure cancer is to kill the cancer patient rather than removing from the patient the cancerous cell or treating the patient with radiation therapy. Geez! No wonder Nigeria is backward!

Not to kill the patient. But if other people are dieing because of the patient, the patient should be quarantined. the medical team changed, new drugs administered.  That all

Those that are against the ban, please take heart.

We have our 2 years withdrawal  and FIFA have their ban. good!!!

GEJ will not withdraw the ban on supper eagles, caretaker has already be set, to be sworn in on Monday. FIFA if they like it ok, if not ok.

In 2years time, with 24hrs electricity, world class stadiums, good road network. better security and a re branded Nigeria. FIFA will come to Nigeria for celebration of Nigeria football

My fellow supports let to go back to work.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
Olaolufred:

[/b]

[b]Isn't your above comment an Interference? May be i'm mistaking.

it would not be interference if JOnathan arrested Lulu for embezzlement
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by ariy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
all of u that saying competing, competting, if nigeria was banned. do u thing nigeria will win nation or w/cup in 2014 if we were not ban? or do u think we expecting immediate result of this restructuring. all is for future. nigeria can benefit from it in 10yrs time.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by oisehumen(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

according to Jonathan and his NL supporters, the only way to cure cancer is to kill the person rather than removing the cancerous cell or treating it with radiation. Geez! No wonder Nigeria is backward!

Nobody wants to deliberately kill the person with an ailment instead of treating the ailment. The truth, Nigerians are tired of watching people ruin our football through their selfish interests.
Me, am not in support of this ban but i have everything against those useless and good for nothing NFF officials. They are the architects of our downward football.
So many of them have no idea what management of football entails.

I feel the annoyance of people supporting President Jonathan and i sympathize with them greatly. To them, any decision to get those guys out will just be fine.
But am sure, he will reconsider his stance.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
saintchux:

Not to kill the patient. But if other people are dieing because of the patient[b], the patient should be quarantined[/b]. the medical team changed, new drugs administered.  That all

Those that are against the ban, please take heart.

We have our 2 years withdrawal  and FIFA have their ban. good!!!

GEJ will not withdraw the ban on supper eagles, caretaker has already be set, to be sworn in on Monday. FIFA if they like it ok, if not ok.

In 2years time, with 24hrs electricity, world class stadiums, good road network. better security and a re branded Nigeria. FIFA will come to Nigeria for celebration of Nigeria football

My fellow supports let to go back to work.

the last time I checked, you quarantine because you want to isolate the condition and prevent other people from being infected. How does quarantining the Super Eagles from the international community achieve the objective of quarantining. Please think before you speak
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2010
Olaolufred:

[/b]

[b]Isn't your above comment an Interference? May be i'm mistaking.

arresting and prosecuting a corrupt football ADMIN is not interference
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by aminu77: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
i cant remember which sector in this country is working 10%. we ve been waiting for state of emergency in the power sector until now. Why cant we just do the right thing in this country? Investigate this guys send EFCC to go after them and send them to jail and FIFA will be happy. you can ruin some people life because of some corrupt individuals. let Mr. president forget about emotions and some bad advisers and do the right thing. for those that are supporting the ban may be we should include ban on watching PREMIER LEAGUE, LALIGA AND EUEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR TWO YEARS if u think u are an ARSENAL,MAN U OR CHELSEA FAN then the reality ll done on everyone. Let call a spade a spade.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by mrofficial(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
aminu77:

i cant remember which sector in this country is working 10%. we ve been waiting for state of emergency in the power sector until now. Why cant we just do the right thing in this country? Investigate this guys send EFCC to go after them and send them to jail and FIFA will be happy. you can ruin some people life because of some corrupt individuals. let Mr. president forget about emotions and some bad advisers and do the right thing. for those that are supporting the ban may be we should include ban on watching PREMIER LEAGUE, LALIGA AND EUEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR TWO YEARS if u think u are an ARSENAL,MAN U OR CHELSEA FAN then the reality ll done on everyone. Let call a spade a spade.

Yes, if corruption lurks in it.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by tkb417(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
i wonder effects this ban will have on some of our youngsters who have been praying, fasting, training and hoping their break will come soon

Mr. Jonathan in his palaticial rock and aesthetic ambience feels he can just truncate some peeps dreams

crap
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by MeGaStReEt: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA Please BAN us we dont care, we've got sissues here, and the sooner we sought it out the better for Nigeria Football, the President knew about your rule before he placeD the ban on the super pigoens. Infact we are waiting for the ban from FIFA
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
Princek12:

the last time I checked, you quarantine because you want to isolate the condition and prevent other people from being infected. How does quarantining the Super Eagles from the international community achieve the objective of quarantining. Please think before you speak

Thank you. You have called us fool before, now i should think before i speak. Let me go and think. I will reply you later. FYI. GEJ will not reverse the ban.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
saintchux:

Thank you. You have called us fool before, now i should think before i speak. Let me go and think. I will reply you later. FYI. GEJ will not reverse the ban.
Why not?
I thougt it was supposed to be a democracy
And if GJ is angry that NFF do not listen to him
What do we do if he does not listen to us?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by samdigo(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
goodluck jonathan has it all wrong, don't ban the eagles, rather overturn the management, nff is the problem, and we need fresh brains in every area of our football, sani lulu, and amodu an co  need to go. get rid of all the players and start afresh, that is what we need and not a ban

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nobody Trusts Manchester City" - Pep Guardiola / Ethopia Vs Cape Verde: AFCON 2021 (0 - 1) On 9th January 2022 / Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.