Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,330 members, 7,891,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (1223 Views)

Please Share Your PLAB , USMLE , Etc... Stories / USMLE Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE by benjola2222(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
What is the USMLE?

Hello I am Dr Steve currently about to write STEP 2 CK.
I get lots of questions about this so I hope this will help.

The USMLE, United States Medical Licensing Examination, is the only examination that makes you practice Medicine as a Doctor in the United States.

It has 3 Steps Step 1, 2(CK &CS) & 3. Step 1 tests your understanding of the fundamental principles of Medicine. Step 2CK tests your Clinical knowledge & Step 2 CS tests your Clinical skills. Step 2CK & Step 2CS are separate exams. Step 3 accesses whether you are ready to be an independent Clinician & can also be used for fellowship exams.

It’s better to write Step 1 in 400level, STEP 2 CK & CS after 600level. Take Step 3 after Step 2CS.

You can still write all the exams after you graduate but this is my advice.

The most important thing is to write the exam only when you are fully prepared.

Step 1 Covers 7 Subjects; Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Behavioral Science(with Biostatistics), Pharmacology, Microbiology & Pathology.

Step 2 covers Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, O&G, Psychiatry & Epidemiology.

Step 3 covers practice concepts of general medicine/family medicine

Start Preparing for Step 1 in 200level, Step 2 in 400level. So that you are fresh and you don’t spend extra years preparing for it after you graduate & you will also be ahead in your class. Also be very serious with your course work as this will make the exam easier and also give you an edge.

Step 1 & Step 2Ck costs :N327,600($910) Step 2 CS Costs N568,095($1,565) Step 3 costs N306,000($850). *Note that this varies depending on the exchange rates.

To know more go to usmle.com.ng
To register go to ecfmg.org

You can ask any question by replying to this thread.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE by munadani: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
Thanks
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE by Bowals99(m): 12:13am On Dec 28, 2018
What materials do you suggest for preparation?
A complete list preferably for step 1
Thank you very much!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE by munadani: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2018
Please can I have your contact
Email?

(1) (Reply)

Blood In My Semen / Faforon- Healthy Lifestyle / A Woman Performs Cesarean Section On Herself And Survives Along With Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.