Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,870 members, 7,945,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor (14101 Views)

Why Are Mad People Endowed With Big D!ck Than Normal People? / Clamp Down On Mad People In Anambra State Begins (Photos) / Government Begins Clamp Down On Mad People In Cross River State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Tonimordred(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
2 much of hard drugs
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by ahmEenu(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
AND THE REST 15 PERCENT ARE NIGERIAN DOCTORS
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Abfinest007(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
codeine mix with igbo what do u expect
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Quality20(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
Well I really thank d Almighty for keeping me away from those trash
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by 9japarrot: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
80% are the Afonjas and Ipob youth..

cheesy
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Kingjames(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
you are dead right Doc.

but wait right there let me whisper to your hearing Doc:

majority of them na ritualist called yahoo+ wey dey pay sacrifice

no be true madness sir

tnks
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by mykelswa(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
some have been used by those close to them. humans are wicked
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Popularity(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
We don hear u Mr. psychoanalyst, we thank sey no be 85% of Nigerian youth dey mad
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by AndLeo(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
I think politicians use mad people for ritual that is why they don't get the opportunity to grow old.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
Many are mad, few are roaming!
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
Many are due to Coddein
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Deo1986(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
Realdeals:
Do government understand the cause, they obviously don't. Watch the video below to understand why youths are the victims and why we need to support Sowore Take It back movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfTDkBmFYM
I am trying to understand why ever you think someone like Soware can ever be the president of Nigeria undecided may be you are taking money from him in the name of campaign?
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
The doctor is right. Just check benin and u go see say na mostly mostly young craze ppl full street. Both young men and women. Its so embarrassing. I remember one incident i witness last december for stadium road junction along Ekewan road. This beautiful young lady fair in complexion on black tight jeans and yellow Bosslady T shirt. I was shocked as the babe jus dey gesculate widly with her hands and dey talk to herself and laugh at d same time. Fine girl with better hips and back. Na so i jus open mouth dey look her. As i dey luk na so one person near me tell me say d babe na mad girl and dat dem sabi her. She jus enter stadium road start to dey waka dey go in d middle of d road while cars dey avoid her. Biko plenty mad young ppl too full dis state.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Realdeals(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Deo1986:
I am trying to understand why ever you think someone like Soware can ever be the president of Nigeria undecided may be you are taking money from him in the name of campaign?

Taking money?? well that's your thought, but, why do you think he is not capable of becoming the president and tell me you suggest?
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by movetoca: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nairaland is filled with mad people...So called youths.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Ojuororun(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
Legolast:
98% of them intended to do Money ritual and 2% of them are village people.
MOSTLY YAHOO BOYZ....NIGGAZS
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by jubixix: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
Just too much...like...people don't actually notice this. so bad no doubt
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Livingstone2018:
how about bubu?
dat one is lifeless not mad
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
And 95% of them are on Nairaland. Or else how do you explain the support they give to the same politicians that have decimated their destiny??
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Ojuororun(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Koolking:
Alcohol kills more people than drug-abuse...the researched opined. My question is, does the research also consider the number of mad people from drug-abuse (especially from marijuana and money-tail)?
WHICH GROUP DID YOU BELONGS TO, IS IT "SMOKING LOUD OR DRINKING ALCOH".?
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
EmagNig:
A University Don, Dr Aliyu Abubakar of Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Zaria, has said that the youths account for over 85 per cent of mad people in Nigeria.

Abubakar made the remark in a paper he presented at a sensitisation workshop for youths organised by Bizara Youth Development Association in Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State entitled: “Drug Abuse in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and Solutions.”

He said: “according to a recent study, 85 per cent of mad people in Nigeria are youths within the age bracket of 18-38 years.

The major cause of mental challenge in Nigeria has gone beyond drug-abuse as the youths now inhale lizard feces, putting their noses into pit toilets, smoking matches, smoking dried horse feces and mixing lizard feces with dye powder.

Drug abuse disorder is a common problem affecting about 5 per cent of the of the world population with an estimated 10.2 per cent in the USA.”

He recalled that in Nigeria, it was recently reported that about three million bottles of cough syrup containing codeine is consumed daily in Kano State and about six million bottles consumed in the North-West. Abubakar added that in 2016, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency reported that about 40 per cent of Nigerian youths engaged in drug-abuse.

The medical doctor stressed that the consequences of drug-abuse include mental disorder, liver cirrhosis, lethargy and cardiovascular disorder among others. Abubakar added that those abusing drugs mostly drop out of school, engage in cultism, violence, arm-robbery, thuggery, rape, lawlessness, murders and are culturally disorientated.

https://lailasnews.com/85-of-mad-people-in-nigeria-are-youths-medical-doctor/

lalasticlala

Eclesiastes 7:7

Oppression makes a wise man mad.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Yes, including his own children cheesy
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by blackmercyvelli(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
1.DJ CUBBY 2.SARAKI 3.TERRY G 4.COSSY 5LINDA IKEJI 6.JEG 7.DINO MILAYE 8.FAYOSE This Doctor is right 100%
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by bluefilm: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
True.

Some, na igbo.

Some, na juju and idols we dem don swear for dem as per the terrible things we dem don commit.

Some na sins of the father known as generational curse.

But e even get some wey be say na too much book cause am.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Spidermon: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
With the number of pro buhari youths we have on nairaland, It could be true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by akinszz: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
Awon ti Terry G grin grin grin if you know you know grin
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
EmagNig:
A University Don, Dr Aliyu Abubakar of Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Zaria, has said that the youths account for over 85 per cent of mad people in Nigeria.

Abubakar made the remark in a paper he presented at a sensitisation workshop for youths organised by Bizara Youth Development Association in Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State entitled: “Drug Abuse in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and Solutions.”

He said: “according to a recent study, 85 per cent of mad people in Nigeria are youths within the age bracket of 18-38 years.

The major cause of mental challenge in Nigeria has gone beyond drug-abuse as the youths now inhale lizard feces, putting their noses into pit toilets, smoking matches, smoking dried horse feces and mixing lizard feces with dye powder.

Drug abuse disorder is a common problem affecting about 5 per cent of the of the world population with an estimated 10.2 per cent in the USA.”

He recalled that in Nigeria, it was recently reported that about three million bottles of cough syrup containing codeine is consumed daily in Kano State and about six million bottles consumed in the North-West. Abubakar added that in 2016, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency reported that about 40 per cent of Nigerian youths engaged in drug-abuse.

The medical doctor stressed that the consequences of drug-abuse include mental disorder, liver cirrhosis, lethargy and cardiovascular disorder among others. Abubakar added that those abusing drugs mostly drop out of school, engage in cultism, violence, arm-robbery, thuggery, rape, lawlessness, murders and are culturally disorientated.

https://lailasnews.com/85-of-mad-people-in-nigeria-are-youths-medical-doctor/

lalasticlala
seconded and thirded who concur make dem add dem own...Kolo too boku for obodonaija.
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by CostaN: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2018
Sheriman:
What is the Cause Source Origin Background of their Madness

Codeine and Tram effect + strange urge 2 get rich
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by Raphaeldhero(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
But wait o, if a convict that's been sentenced to life imprisonment in the process that maybe due to much thinking now goes mad... After some months Would he be released to roam d Streets?
Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by sweetilicious(f): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
I don't do drugs.Will never do drugs.Since my 2016 birthday celebration, I have not taken alcohol. Never liked it though.Stay away from drugs.

1 Like

Re: 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor by samista: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
A lot of them are on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Females Having Beards And Moustaches / Kidnapped Uwadinachi Iweha: Abia Doctors Withdraw Service In Public / Young People Must Remain Virgins Until Marriage – Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.