Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,141 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

Would We Be Able To Agree That Money Is Important? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would We Be Able To Agree That Money Is Important? (313 Views)

i want to be able to put my skill into use / I Need Your Help Guys! I've Been Able To Save 150k After Hard Work. / Female Edo Mechanic: "Any quick means of making money is not on my mind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would We Be Able To Agree That Money Is Important? by dearlex22(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2018
Money does not purchase happiness." How often have you heard this? Heaps of times, I will wager. Our way of life sends us two extremely clashing messages about money. The initial, a message that reveals to us money is everything. Superstar culture, the rich and famous, Wall Street ravenousness, the twinge of jealousy we feel when we see a house greater than our own, an auto more current than our auto.

At that point, there's the direct inverse message, the one that treats riches – and the well-off – with suspicion, that endeavors to show us NOT to begrudge them, to see the impediments that riches has and the potential inconvenience it can cause. In a few families, it comes to the heart of the matter of feeling that money is by one means or another filthy, that it is anything but an appropriate theme for discussion, that displaying what you have is tasteless and that being poor is very nearly a prudence.

Would we be able to Agree That Money Is Important?
In any case, money IS important, and here, today, I'd get a kick out of the chance to get every one of us to concede to this one fundamental supposition. Whatever we feel about money, individuals with money, or the quest for money, can we, in any event, concur that money IS important? Important, even? We can really expound, later on, attempt to characterize what precisely it implies, to state that money is important, or what sort of money is important. In any case, for the present, will you concur with me that expelling money as pointless is an oversight?

It's Not Having What You Want. It's Wanting What You've Got

"Riches comprises not in having extraordinary belonging but rather in having few needs" is one of my most loved statements. Having few needs is most likely the best protection against insatiability because it's human instinct to continue needing more, and the more you have, the more you need.

It's a straightforward mental process: you have the essentials (protect, nourishment, garments) and are genuinely cheerful, in spite of the fact that you do stress over managing crisis circumstances; you end up wealthier, and you appreciate the additional extravagances especially for a couple of months, yet then it turns into your new "typical." Now, encompassed by wealthier individuals, you glance around, and you feel despondent. They have more than you. You need more. Be that as it may, when you get more, you're troubled once more.

It's an endless cycle and this is the thing that clarifies why such a large number of ultra-well off superstars continue doing ads. They have so..........continue...

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Society For Family Health 2018 | Apply Now / Vacancy For Business/sales Representatives / Customer-oriented Service Professional Needed In A Training Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.