Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,492 members, 7,888,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:36 AM

2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points (312 Views)

'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State / We Will Take Kwara From Saraki Says Mc-Oluomo (video) / Saraki Says Kayode Ogundamisi's Body Should Be Cremated Over Leaked Audio Clip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points by Ngcampuschat15: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2018
Is there a chance that all of the PDP’s 12 presidential aspirants would agree to the idea of a consensus candidate, just like that?

It does not seem so, not when everyone appears to believes he has a good chance to occupy Aso Rock in 2019.

Senate President, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki for one does not feel there is anyone more qualified than him in the PDP primaries race.

He spoke to journalists on Monday in Abuja after he submitted his Nomination and Expression of Interest forms to contest the party's presidential primaries billed for October 5 and 6, 2018.

The two-time governor of Kwara state insisted that he stands out from other contenders, particularly because he brings a blend of executive and legislative experience.

For him, it is important that Nigeria has a president that can bring all parties of government on board in his plan.

Having highlighted his unique selling point, he said: "I believe all the aspirants will work hard and see our messages to the PDP and to the people so that they can give the ticket to the best. Like I said I have great respect for all others."

With this kind of confidence, it was not a surprise that he described as inconsequential the issue of consensus candidacy by the 12 PDP presidential aspirants.

"I don't think the consensus thing is the issue before us because we are trying to ensure that there is internal democracy in the system and a very credible primaries.

"What is important is that at the end of the day we have something that is rancour free. What I can tell you is that we are working together because we are still part of one family.

"I believe at the end of the day, we will have a process that whoever emerges will be supported by all of us. So that there will be no need dividing ourselves," he said.

Besides Saraki, others in the race for the presidential ticket of the PDP are former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar; Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal; Gombe State Governor, Ibrahim Dankwabo; former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido; former Governor of Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi; and a former Special Duties Minister, Tanimu Turaki.

Others are a former President of the Senate, David Mark; a former Governor of Kano State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso; a former Governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa; a former Plateau State Governor, Jonah Jang; and a former lawmaker, Baba Datti Ahmed.

Source: https://www.naijarated.com/naija-gist/c/0/i/25382324/2019-saraki-says-he-best-nigeria-these-points

Re: 2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points by gaby(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2018
He should also pull the agbada, dorn a jean and tee shirt and find his way to the stable of the Not too young to rule to get a bak up form.

Na their way be dat..

Enjoy my siggy
Re: 2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points by SolutionMee: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
In Saraki I trust.
Re: 2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points by Ngcampuschat15: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
In Saraki I trust.
I pity Your Trust
Re: 2019: Saraki Says He Is Best For Nigeria With These Points by uwa1(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2018
True...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints New DSS Director-general / PDP Presidential Aspirants Bukola Saraki And Atiku - All You Need To Know / 2019 Polls ''don’t Return Thieves To Power'' - APC Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.