Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,885 members, 7,942,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria (3138 Views)

Yobo Rescue Nigeria / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by honeric01(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2010
Adamu in diplomatic mission to rescue Nigeria

Nigeria's FIFA Executive Committee member Amos Adamu flew to Nigeria on Friday morning on a desperate mission to iron out a solution to the crisis engulfing Nigerian football and avoid a pending FIFA ban.

Adamu will meet with top government officials to thrash out a solution and is scheduled to return to South Africa on Saturday morning, and meet with the FIFA hierarchy later in the day.

On Wednesday, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan ordered the withdrawal of the country's national football team from international football for two years.

A day later, the government announced an 11-man committee to take charge of the country's football affairs.

Miffed, world football governing body FIFA, which takes a dim view of government interference in the running of football, gave Nigeria a 48 hour ultimatum to reverse the decision or face expulsion from the worldwide football family.

Adamu's diplomatic shuttle is expected to help pave the way for an amicable resolution of the crisis, without having the FIFA hammer fall on the country.

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/16551/adamu-in-diplomatic-mission-to-rescue-nigeria.php
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2010
Ooo, ow' worse can things possibly get in this country?

Abeg I fall hand!

P.s., 1st 2 comment, hehehe!
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2010
He should go and rescue his extended family. Let them (FIFA) do whatever they like if they refuse to conform with the order of the "Grand commander of the federal republic of Nigeria"-Authority
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by takeit2010: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2010
Adamu should go and sit down, he is trying to rescue himself because those NFF theives are taking instructions from him and if they are out he can not control Nigerian football as he was wen he was in power, he is the own ill advising FIFA on Nigeria

To hell with Adamu
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Rockers4l: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dis fifa sef,nawao lets see what wil happen next
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2010
Amos Adamu is the most unqualified personel for FIFA`s diplomatic acrobatic, he is the cause of the rot in the NFF `cos the board and Bolaji Ojo-Oba were manipulated into office by him, and the step taken by the presidency is the best for nigeria but will unfortunately cost Amos A. his seat in FIFA and CAF executive commitee. Isense Amos Adamu was not sent by Blatter, he volunteered to come.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by lagoshost(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2010
Let's see who will win!
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by uyakachi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2010
i dont think we are in any shit that l attracts impostors like fifa and that of adamumu
let them allowm sleeping dogs lie abeg
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by aieromon(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2010
Tell Amos to go phuck himself.He's part of the flaws in our football system.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by wealthlift(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2010
I am a stunch supporter of GJ, but in this very case I disagree with him.

If one has a child and the child fails in school, wht's the best treatment meted out to the child, Is it withdrawal from school or repetition?

Let's use our brain.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by IRAPADA(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2010
Another thief wan come rescue us o
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by gidson12(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2010
At least football no b d only sport wey dey. Abeg make FIFA do wetin dem like, make nigeria go begin learn how to play cricket
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by damilola15: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
there are a lot of sports we can do swimming, sprinting, , , even shooting.
If Fifa bans Nigeria what's the difference.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by kok(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2010
wealthlift:

If one has a child and the child fails in school, wht's the best treatment meted out to the child, Is it withdrawal from school or repetition?

Let's use our brain.

You mean they should be allowed to repeat what they have done cheesy cheesy cheesy man, I bow for your instance o!
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by wealthlift(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
Ha ha ha ha,
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2010
aieromon:

Tell Amos to go phuck himself.He's part of the flaws in our football system.
this is what comes out of empty skulls
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Beaf: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2010
I don't support Uncle Joe on this one, but who the hell is FIFA to threaten us?
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by davidif: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2010
THE NFF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHOULD ALL JUST RESIGN AND THE EFCC SHOULD HAVE THEM INVESTIGATED PERIOD.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by ariyokunle: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2010
na fifa get world cup & na Nigeria get supereagles,as we don ban our tin make them hold themself now:
abi busness wey no pay person them they force person do am?
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by toytola(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2010
Make EFCC arrest FIFA sef, silly fifa, whats wrong with a country trying to re-build its National asset grin grin wink
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by chriszoki: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2010
the guy neva chop finish, na him he come wan beg make Mr President to reverse the decision, go sit for ground jare Adamu
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by dafman10(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2010
ariyokunle:

na fifa get world cup & na Nigeria get supereagles,as we don ban our tin make them hold themself now:
abi busness wey no pay person them they force person do am?
See me see wahala.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by akwarandu(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
Adamu himself is d problem of Nigerian football, he should go and sit down!
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by dTouch: 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2010
Guys, I just read this piece in the Vanguard.

We surrender, NFA begs FG
2010 World Cup SpecialJul 3, 2010
Share |
By John Egbokhan
Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Technical Committee, Taiwo Ogunjobi yesterday said that the body was not in anyway resisting government’s order to withdraw all national teams from the international football scene for the next two years. He also said that they were ready to resign their membership of the body.
He also admitted that since their tenure originally expired before the start of the World Cup, that it would be wrong for them to still be occupying their respective positions, adding that they were ready to give way for the caretaker committee, announced Thursday night, to organise credible elections into the next board.
Speaking in a telephone interview with Saturday Sports Vanguard, the former Secretary-General of the NFA, said that anybody defying government’s order, is out of touch with reality.
“We are not dragging powers with anybody because we have done our term and are ready to hand over to whosoever gets duly elected in the next elections. We can never drag powers with government, which funds us, because we are responsible individuals who place the interest of the nation, above, ours.

Taiwo Ogunjobi
“The truth of the matter is that this country belongs to all of us and it is not proper for anyone to hold the nation to a ransom. After serving the country, it is time for us to give others the chance to contribute their quota to national growth.
“It is only a lunatic who would be fighting with the government of the day because after all, most of us, are beneficiaries of government’s favour, as far as membership of the board is concerned. Government funds football and has every right to give inputs into how things should be done if it notices that the interest of the nation is being compromised.
“I have been part of the game for sometime now and I can tell you authoritatively that football would be dead in the country if government withdraws its funding because it is the biggest source of our funding and how can we now be seen to be disrespecting the same institution that is supporting us.
“I have advised the other members of the Executive Committee, to listen to the people’s voice, which is that they need a change of leadership. It is only proper to bow out when the ovation is loudest because I believe that as far as one is alive, one can still come back and contribute to national growth, in the area of football administration”, added Ogunjobi.
He continued that “our tenure has actually ended and we are ready to make way for the caretaker panel, which is what the Nigerians want. I think, it is only reasonable for us to respect the wishes of the people”.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Rastamann: 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2010
Nothing to be rescued. You all are rogues, thieves, armed robbers, vagabonds and corruption-infested. Whether it is good or bad, this is the time to tell FIFA to mind her own business and allow us clean up our house.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2010
dTouch:

Guys, I just read this piece in the Vanguard.

We surrender, NFA begs FG
2010 World Cup SpecialJul 3, 2010
Share |
By John Egbokhan
Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Technical Committee, Taiwo Ogunjobi yesterday said that the body was not in anyway resisting government’s order to withdraw all national teams from the international football scene for the next two years. He also said that they were ready to resign their membership of the body.

na wao. these junk journalists sef.

In between that piece is total rubbish.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by dTouch: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2010
Guys, on Amos Adamu, this is what Mr. Adokiye Amiesimaka reortedly to the Vanguard:

“We should look at the link between football administration in Nigeria and FIFA and that link is Amos Adamu.
He is a civil servant in the presidency, President Jonathan needs to look at his role in the football administration in Nigeria, he is the one FIFA listens to, because he is a member of FIFA executive committee. It is not enough to dissolve the NFA or to voluntarily withdraw from international competitions, We need to x-ray him, how useful has his role been to Nigeria, do we really need him, don’t we have a better candidate who can portray Nigeria in good light in FIFA and CAF, these are pertinent questions that needs answers”, Amiesimaka said.

Well
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Myself2(m): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2010
Adamu should go jump in the lagoon,he single-handedly nominated about three members of that useless corrupt NFF exco below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=472202.msg6322990#msg6322990
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by mohid(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2010
wealthlift:

Let's use our brain.
you actually mean if the child fails repeatedly and remains in the same class for 10yrs while you still are paying exorbitant school fees you would keep him there?(bros na to withdraw am for school ask am to learn trade.school no be by force)
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 04, 2010
Becomrich0:

Jonathan should unban the football body. But he should stop all fund to them. If not Fifa would give us problem. Do not give them any money. Without money, them no fit go any game. Who win Jonathan. use sense, so that them no go disgrace jonathan.

Yes, i totally agree wit u.d FG should not only stop giving them 'free' money but also order all levels of govt including their parastatals & agencies to stop funding it in all forms such as clubs women football, academies etc. By then all dem jobbers go pick race go anoda place.This game is big enuf to fund itself in dis country. But you all know no sponsor will deal with, inept, inefficient and corrupt administrators. Then the people who how to manage football will step in.
Re: Adamu In Diplomatic Mission To Rescue Nigeria by Mariory(m): 1:45am On Jul 04, 2010
Adamu is a huge part of the problem. There was a story in the Guardian where a FIFA official actually stated that Adamu is part of the problem with Nigerian football. In fact when he arrives, his passport should be withdrawn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hottest winning group in Town... Steady straight winnings / England’s Dele Alli, Jack Grealish Drink Beers And Party With Hot Girls In Spain / Football Pick Up Lines Used For Toasting A Lady - Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.