Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,352 members, 7,974,470 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:10 AM

Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? (734 Views)

Thiago Motta's Injury In Euro 2012 Final: I Have A New Rule For Football / Nff To Rule On Enyeama's Future / FIFA to Scrap Offside Rule? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 03, 2010
I am of the opinion that FIFA changes its rule on suarization. I believe a PK and a red card in favor of the suarized team is not just enough and is inconsolable. A penalty kick cuts the chances of goal scoring to about 50%, and that's not the same to what could have 100% been a goal. FIFA should , henceforth make suarized goals count in-addition to issuing of  red cards to culprits. Lets hear your opinion on this.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:26am On Jul 03, 2010
Wat suarez did was a technical thing. And it worked. If i were a coach, I would expect my player to do same.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 03, 2010
I agree, It is very unfair for one to blame Suarez. If anything, he is definitely the hero of the match who saved his country from the jaws of defeat by any means necessary. However, the bone of contention here is that there exist big loopholes in FIFA rules of the game. These loopholes are often exploited by players as clearly demonstrated today, thereby mocking the notion of fair play . I think it is only fair for FIFA to award such goals in the future, and give red cards to culprits, before every player turns into a goal keeper
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Ruq: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2010
What's unfair? A redcard and a penalty? Misses next match? Please do a rethink and stop thinkin shit lol. The ball didn't even cross the line? So what do say of Vidic's handball that was going to be a goalkick? So they should give a goal for that?? Please stop sayin this what if they played against nigeria wont you support the handball??
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by RuuDie(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2010
Rewind to Serbia vs Ghana. . . . PK & red card for a handball that the Serbian player knew zilch about; a ball that was heaven-bound, nowhere near the goalmouth.
So why should the rules change in this situation!!?
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Olaolufred(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2010
People should stop this issue of shifting the Pointmarks when things don't go their way.

Ghana Played this type of game against the Serbs.

Gyan scored the late penalty. It was joy all-over.

No one said the goal stopped with hand should have been allowed without the later awarded penalty kick.

Now that the penalty chance was blown away by gyan. They came shouting nonsense.

The Issue is really not SUAREZ, (its been done b4). The Issue is GYAN.

We should Stop whinning over what is not and blame Gyan who yakubued the hope of Ghanians at a major crossroad to Glory.

In the shoot out, If Mensah and Adiyiah had converted their chances, and in Semi, will anyone raise this useless Issue?

Or If someone else had taken the penalty in place of Gyan and put it in the back of the net, would there have been this ochestration of Irresponsibility?

I repeat, leave SUAREZ alone and face the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Issue-GYAN.

May be his name might also go into english dico soon.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Olaolufred(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
In the mathematical graph of Soccer.

Curves are sometimes similar and directly related.

In the Curve of Aiyegbeni and Gyan, I see some Trace of similarity.

If SUAREZ is the Issue against GYAN, then JABULANI is the issue against YAKUBU.

If you can not blame JABULANI, then stop rantings on SUAREZ.

Call YAKUBU a YAKUBU and call GYAN a GYAN.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Mynd44: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2010
gbam!!!!!!
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by aieromon(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
Did Kewell not handle the ball as well?FIFA gave you a penalty and you missed it,movin' on. . . . . .
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by mykali(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2010
the fact remains GYAN SHOULD HAVE FUCKIN SCORED. . . .

this is why experienced players are needed in a team . . .they keep their cool in anxious situations and make good decisions

did the same Gyan not score a PK in the shootout?
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2010
What's unfair? A redcard and a penalty? Misses next match? Please do a rethink and stop thinkin poo lol. The ball didn't even cross the line? So what do say of Vidic's handball that was going to be a goalkick? So they should give a goal for that?? Please stop sayin this what if they played against nigeria wont you support the handball??

@Ruq
Would the ball not have crossed the lines had Suarez not blocked it with his "hands of god" ? Ofcourse, anyone could have done what Suarez did for his country, but that's not the point. Suarization cheapens the game, and untill FIFA comes up with harsher penalties, it could get worse.  The ability to think outside the box, give suggestions and continue to seek for better alternatives in things we do is certainly not the attribute of every person. My brother, just because a PK and a red card is what we get for such offence, doesn't make it the fairest penalty there can be.   As  I write,  FIFA is reviewing its rules on Suarization and many others. So, if you think my views amounts to "poo thinking" ,  then your way of thinking need serious overhauling.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Ruq: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2010
Yeah it would have crossed the line and they be on their way home. Sorry to say its still shit thinking. If Gyan had scored you would'nt be saying this. You are just a victim of anger. Instead of blaming the offender you should blame the penalty taker, Who wreck a continents heart.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by medjai(m): 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
Suarez handled the ball and was duly punished; red card and a penalty awarded. What more do you want? All these is because Gyan did not score
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
The end word is that a "red + penalty" for willingly preventing a sure goal with both hands should maybe be something not punishing enough. With a penalty, you only risk a goal "maybe", and a red isn't so intimidating at the end of a match.

FIFA rules are designed assuming players will abide by it, and that a violation only occurs non-voluntarily. It may or may have never occurred to the legislators that it could be intentionally used to kill every aspect even remotely linked with fair play.

Yes, Suarez was punished , and yes Ghana were given a chance to exploit on the incident, but that doesn’t make it alright, does it? So yes, inquiring about more punishment in the future is something I approve, and I'm glad FIFA may do just that; although I also understand some of your other points.
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Ruq: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2010
Maybe you should invent a white card-meanin till further notice lol. Am glad you agree with some of our points. Hope u aint pretending sha!
Re: Should Fifa Change Its Rule On Suarization? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2010
Maybe you should invent a white card-meanin till further notice lol. Am glad you agree with some of our points. Hope u aint pretending sha!

@Ruq
Does the words Understand and Agree mean same thing to you?

(1) (Reply)

Amos Adamu / Taiwo: Milan Killed Other Options / 50 Killed In Egyptian Pitch Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.