Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,254 members, 7,928,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigeria - An Analysis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - An Analysis (669 Views)

Is Nigeria an Islamic country? Nigeria Islamic Army School / Why Naira Will Continue To Decline - An Analysis / This Is A New Nigeria, An Alliance Of North And South-West - Femi Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
200 million of the world's dumbest. Not dumb on an individual scale, but dumb on a societal one. The society's decaying, rotten, yet we do not realize the corpse is us.

Is that too dark a picture? Too grim an opening? Truth hurts, lies too. Maybe I'm lying. Let's take a stroll round the cities.

Noisy. Dirty. No organization. It's an OYO-zone, from Oyo to Maiduguri. The earth is good, but those who walk it aren't. We've been misled, miseducated, missed our direction. The motherland yearns for a father, a strong figure on whom she can depend.

A Messiah was promised, and his name was Buhari. He carried the cross, thieves beside him. They asked if they could be in paradise, and the cross broke. The Messiah became a mess of a sire.

Shall I continue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by Daeylar(f): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2018
HappyPagan:
200 million of the world's dumbest. Not dumb on an individual scale, but dumb on a societal one. The society's decaying, rotten, yet we do not realize the corpse is us.

Is that too dark a picture? Too grim an opening? Truth hurts, lies too. Maybe I'm lying. Let's take a stroll round the cities.

Noisy. Dirty. No organization. It's an OYO-zone, from Oyo to Maiduguri. The earth is good, but those who walk it aren't. We've been misled, miseducated, missed our direction. The motherland yearns for a father, a strong figure on whom she can depend.

A Messiah was promised, and his name was Buhari. He carried the cross, thieves beside him. They asked if they could be in paradise, and the cross broke. The Messiah became a mess of a sire.

Shall I continue?

Why did you start and pause it? Continue na
Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
200 million people. On God's great earth. Heaven below their feet, all the oil, gold, diamond, and land they could ever need. But the brains, the brains, they need mining. Can a man know where he is going, if he doesn't know where he's coming from?

This is the story of Nigeria, the so-called giant of Nigeria. Some believe being Nigerian is the greatest experience one can have on this planet. I agree.

Another says being Nigerian is the worst experience one can have on this planet. I also agree.

You see, Nigeria is a common name, but very very different experience. Nigeria is a blanket that hides many nations, many personalities, many people, different stories. There's a Nigeria that exists in geography, the one the great Lord of hosts Luggard drew on our continent. There's another that exists in one's reality - the culture in which one's brought up, the environment one opens his eyes to when one comes to this world. Once upon a time, no Nigerian existed.

Shall a man forget his past because it hurts? Where there's no knowledge, darkness exists, breeding lies, hatred, envy, and in extreme situations, violence. We go to school to learn we are Nigerians. Without English, we are strangers. In such an environment, tribalism will continue to exist. A forced coexistence doesn't always form a solution - oil and water just don't mix.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by Tozara(m): 12:49am On Sep 14, 2018
HappyPagan.

Dude, are you by any chance the nairaland infamous sonOfLucifer?

You sound very much like him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2018
Tozara:
HappyPagan.

Dude, are you by any chance the nairaland infamous sonOfLucifer?

You sound very much like him.
wink smiley
Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by Tozara(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2018
HappyPagan:

wink smiley
A trademark is a symbol of being outstanding. Having your own signature style is a pointer to your uniqueness. I enjoy your style, bro. smiley

Quite exceptional. No one can ape you, thou demon with devilish horns that sting the faithfool with sense and cure them of their holy stupidity.
Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2018
Tozara:
A trademark is a symbol of being outstanding. Having your own signature style is a pointer to your uniqueness. I enjoy your style, bro. smiley

Quite exceptional. No one can ape you, thou demon with devilish horns that sting the faithfool with sense and cure them of their holy stupidity.
Thanks man. Really appreciate.
Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
200 million, breathing, living, breeding. The Southerner is taught that heaven is in Israel, and salvation comes from Jesus. On the other side, they learn about Muhammed and Mecca. The Africa below their feet is just a temporary distraction, for the eyes are set on Mecca and Jerusalem - that's where God speaks from.

What's Africa? Something to be forgotten, thrown away. Our ancestors were cannibals, thank slavery for bringing us Jesus.

Some decades ago, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were part of a computer club in Berkerly, USA. Today, we enjoy their devices, and have watched their companies rise to the top in global reach. Back home in Nigeria, the Oyedepos, the Adeboyes, and other hungry fellows were receiving wisdom from God's word. Today, we enjoy their services, hand over God's tax to them, and praise them for 'divine wisdom'.

The evidence is clear. God is good.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
200 million, breathing, living, breeding. The Southerner is taught that heaven is in Israel, and salvation comes from Jesus. On the other side, they learn about Muhammed and Mecca. The Africa below their feet is just a temporary distraction, for the eyes are set on Mecca and Jerusalem - that's where God speaks from.

What's Africa? Something to be forgotten, thrown away. Our ancestors were cannibals, thank slavery for bringing us Jesus.

Some decades ago, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were part of a computer club in Berkerly, USA. Today, we enjoy their devices, and have watched their companies rise to the top in global reach. Back home in Nigeria, the Oyedepos, the Adeboyes, and other hungry fellows were receiving wisdom from God's word. Today, we enjoy their services, hand over God's tax to them, and praise them for 'divine wisdom'.

The evidence is clear. God is good.

I mostly concur with your analysis. The African mind is in need of liberation. However, a dispassionate look at the facts reveals that Christianity was a vehicle for development and it worked as such for over a century providing an intellectual and moral foundation for government, social equality, modern education, law and politics. Christian doctrine led to abolition of slave trade, killing of twins, human sacrifice and upturned the oppressive regencies.
I agree with you that the God of Oyedepo and TB Joshua are far from liberating, but lets not lump all of them together.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

I mostly concur with your analysis.
Thank you.

IamaNigerianGuy:

The African mind is in need of liberation.
Rebuilding, rather than liberation. How can you liberate what's been broken? Removing chains from the hands of cripples wont' fix their legs.

IamaNigerianGuy:

However, a dispassionate look at the facts reveals that Christianity was a vehicle for development and it worked as such for over a century providing an intellectual and moral foundation for government, social equality, modern education, law and politics.
Christianity was a vehicle for exploration and colonization. It takes great brainwashing to convince a man a carpenter's son killed in Israel died for his sins. Nigerians were so properly colonized by the British, it's almost impossible for them to think of God outside the characteristics defined by the Bible.

How did the world begin? Adam.
Who are you? A son of Abraham
What do you want to become? Like Christ.
Why? I will gladly lose earth, to make heaven.
What? Jesus is coming soon.

Contrary to what Christians preach, great functional societies existed in Africa before a stone was ever tossed at that Hebrew called Jesus. But your mind's blank about that isn't it? That information was deleted from the school curriculums you studied. CRK and Islamic studies is the only way to know God's mind, to the African.

What an African.

IamaNigerianGuy:

Christian doctrine led to abolition of slave trade, killing of twins, human sacrifice and upturned the oppressive regencies.
The slave trader abolished the slave trade. Let's raise a toast to him for being human.

Killing of twins wasn't rampant across Africa, Africa's quite huge though you know so little about it. A few tribes, yes.

Human sacrifice? Lol, let's not get started on that one.

IamaNigerianGuy:

I agree with you that the God of Oyedepo and TB Joshua are far from liberating, but lets not lump all of them together.
If the God of Oyedepo, Joshua, Adeboye, Oyakilome and all the Yahweh generals don't represent Christianity, that's not on me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by KraticKratus: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2018
@ OP, a simple experiment will show you what is exactly wrong.

Get some lions, leopards, tigers, cheetahs and put them together in a cage and ask them to live together happily as they are all cats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
KraticKratus:
@ OP, a simple experiment will show you what is exactly wrong.

Get some lions, leopards, tigers, cheetahs and put them together in a cage and ask them to live together happily as they are all cats.
A better example - imagine Africans had colonized the Europeans. Imagine Lord Ibekwe conquered the great seas and took London, Germany, and Paris for himself, then created a nation in his own image.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
The priests scream 'God loves Nigeria'.... are you sure?

Is God in this country? Is God good?

Some say our sins have made us this way, so they kill the gays. They kill their enemies, they kill their villagers. They kill themselves.

Robots. Eyes closed, faith open, the power to believe without question. Human rights become prayer points, the heart seeks protection from its own imaginations.

Father, forgive me.
Father, protect me.
Father, grant me success.
A sprinking of 'rabbabuttutum' and the Holy Spirit might just accept this.

Every man's mind is his sacred place. It is where he holds conversations with himself, discussions with himself, a part only him will ever know.

Information is how the mind develops. Quality information, quality mind. Education is light, information shows the way, a candle in the darkness that ignorance loves. Can a man know where he's going, when he doesn't know where he's coming from? Can the mind be infiltrated by a knock on the door?

Why do the chinese burn bibles, the russians too? is the Good News really good? When they say Christianity is not a religion, is that true? Christianity is a CULTure... a way of thinking, a way of life, an operating system for believers... and he who writes the software, controls the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
Bump.
Re: Nigeria - An Analysis by HappyPagan: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Bump embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Video: Ita Enang Vs Senator Abaribe On Electoral Act Amendment Bill / Ngozi Okonjo-aweala-un Summit In Mauritania_if This True Nigeria Need To Wake Up / News:youngest Senatorial Candidate Engr Chinedu Onyeizu Emerges From Abia South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.