Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,328 members, 7,947,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Australia's New Prime Minister Admits She Is An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Australia's New Prime Minister Admits She Is An Atheist. (552 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Australia's New Prime Minister Admits She Is An Atheist. by mantraa: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
"This morning during a radio interview on 774 ABC Melbourne, the new Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard was asked point blank:

“Do you believe in God?”

Her reply:

“No I don’t, John”

Julia went on to say she was raised in a Baptist household and attended church regularly, but decided to “pursue a different path in her adult life“. The Prime Minister believes people can be decent, moral, upstanding citizens without pretending to believe in a deity to attract the religious voters.  What is more important to her is the welfare of the Australian people – regardless of their religious convictions.

It is hugely refreshing to hear a politician talk so openly and honestly about their faith, or lack thereof.  I am unaware of any other current major political leader who has openly admitted their disbelief (according to the comments, there are plenty).  Julia’s credibility just jumped a few notches in my books."

http://www.godless.biz/2010/06/29/julia-gillard-confirmed-atheist/

Its a shame that in nigeria our politicians would still consider it political suicide to admit their lack of belief in mythical gods and demons. When will we finally all realise that it is ok to leave behind the belief systems of the colonial european slave masters?
Re: Australia's New Prime Minister Admits She Is An Atheist. by Adamuenero(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
Those are the kind of politicians we need in this beautiful country of ours and not the one that will be stealing our money and properties in the name of the lord and of mohammed,

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Of Solomon In Our Present Day. / Salvation - The Indispensable / Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.