Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,378 members, 7,913,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:41 PM

Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims (520 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims by fineboynl(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2018
The new iPhone XS, XS Max, and iPhone XR models all come equipped with support for dual-SIM functionality through the inclusion of a standard nano-SIM slot and an eSIM, a feature that has previously been used in iPad models.
According to Apple's website, eSIM functionality will not be available when the new iPhones launch, with the company instead planning to introduce it later this year through an iOS 12 software update.

Dual-SIM support will allow the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to support two cellular plans at once. This is useful for people who have two phone numbers for work and personal use and for travel.

Both numbers used with a dual-SIM iPhone can make and receive voice calls and receive SMS and MMS messages, but an iPhone can only use one cellular data network at a time. That means if one number is on a call, a call to the other number will go to voicemail.

There will be a section in the iOS 12 settings to establish a default number and to label both cellular plans that are in use, with Apple outlining these features in a support document . You will be able to easily make and receive calls from both numbers and switch phone numbers for a call.

Not all carriers are going to support eSIM functionality, but in the United States, it will work with Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile devices. Apple has a full list of carriers offering eSIM support on its website.

Dual-SIM functionality will be available in all new iPhone models and it appears to be available in all countries, despite rumors suggesting it could be limited to countries where multiple SIM use is more popular.

eSIMs are not allowed in China, so in this region specifically, Apple is introducing iPhones that support two physical SIMs. Other countries will have devices that support one physical SIM and one eSIM.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/12/esim-2018-iphones-coming-later/
Re: Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims by fineboynl(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2018
Zickyshey's

and

Thaonyx

I saw your pm but I don't respond to PMs.

let discuss here
Re: Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims by Thaonyx: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
fineboynl:
Zickyshey's

and

Thaonyx

I saw your pm but I don't respond to PMs.

let discuss here

I sent u a pm cos I wanted to talk to you privately to advice you on the effects on insulting people online. U did dat to me.
Pls be guided
Thanks
Re: Apple To Build Some Iphone XS Version With Physical Dual Sims by fineboynl(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Wendland
I don't respond to PMs. let me me know why you PM me over here

(1) (Reply)

Notch Display With 4GB RAM And Dual Rear Camera Phones / Does Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Have Oreo Update / Cheapest Data Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.