Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,645 members, 7,921,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive (929 Views)

I Need Your Help How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive Or Wicked / How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive? Please Help. / I Need My Gsd To Be Aggressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Some dogs that are not aggressive and territorial is actually due to their character, they just don't have it in them to be vicious. I remember going to this house that had up to 3 gsds, they lock these dogs in a cage and let them free at night but it did not make them vicious one bit, these dogs have never even seen me b4 but when I went to their kennel, they did not do anything, they were just wagging their tails. Apart from these dogs I have seen a lot of other dogs in which no matter how you try to train them they just don't have it in them to be active and protective.
I have experienced this before myself, I got this dog that was a Rott mix it was about five months of age and it was chained, there were some other dogs too in that compound that were chained, all of them were bArking at me except this very one, this very one was just wagging her tail, so I asked the vet who was selling the dog "Why is she too friendly"? He came up with an excuse and told me the dog was vicious that I should take her chain her and eventually it will become territorial so I took it back home and started chaining it, I would chain it in the morning then let it loose in the night but nothing, it never barks it only barked a little bit once in a while but nothing else, I kept it for the next 2 weeks but no improvement I even got her a make partner a gsd that was the same age with her, and this gsd the very first day I went to go and take it it was barking at me, I had to buy his trust before taking him, when I took this dog home the very next day I swear to God this dog started to become more vicious, it will be barking at strangers or if it hears anybody, I was so impressed but that other one? Nothing, I got a temporary cage for them too before building them one, this gsd will bark ferousously when it sees anybody but this othrr idiot will just be standing and looking there was even a time some kids went close to her when she was the only one in the cage, but she did not do Jack sh!T! the mumu was just sitting their looking, I was so angry but I kept it to myself.
Up till a year despite all the chaining and locking o! Nothing, all it now's how to do is to sh!t mountains of faeces and piss everywhere, the useless thing can not even control her self any motive she's excited she will piss, any time she's scared she will piss, but never angry, she even annoyed me more by always splashing a piss all over me.
I eventually got fed up with the stupid dog and gave it away to people who eat dogs because if she will no perform she might as well be a goat.
After that I got another rott mix that was an Adult about 1 year of age to replace that idiot. I was so impressed with this new one I got, the very first day it became territorial, and is very alert and vicious too, up till today the dog is still with me and I am still proud of her, she is everything I ask from a dog both her and my other gsd I am proud of them.
My point is that some dogs naturally have that inner trait of being vigilant while some of them just don't have that trait, that is why before I buy a dog, I make sure I study that dog the way it behaves in its territory and I prefer adult dogs than puppies because with puppies, you never know how they will become when they grow up, maybe you can study the parents but still it may not inherit the parents aggression unless if you are lucky but with an Adult dog you will be sure how it will turn out simply by studying the way it behaves in its territory.
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by AfricaNigerian: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2018
Nice writeup @op buh you shouldn't have given that dog to dog eaters... It makes no sense cos some folks are dying to own that kinda dog you gave to dog eaters, I wish I could sue you.
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by AfricaNigerian: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2018
Post pictures of the rott and gsd
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 14, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
Post pictures of the rott and gsd
Check some of the threads in my profile you will see the pictures there.
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by McMayor(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
You sound like you have been keeping dogs for a while.... I am still surprised there are still some people that dont know the difference between working dog and showline dog. Also even in humans, your parents might be fire(very strict) and / all the children will be soft / simple. Anyways the dog isnt not just what you want / expected. I currently have a GSD too... This one is so dull however that all she wants to do is play from morning till night and from night till morning. If she sees a stranger she would start crying and the look of excitement on her face. I paid 150k for 8 weeks dog hoping to get a security conscious dog only for me to wait a year and this dog would NEVER bark... Infact has never barked before. After all my findings, i realized shes actually a show-line i was upset but then someone told me not to get back that shes my first and also that i should see her as more like an eye opener... So what i did was i kept the dog, currently she has littered and guess what? Shes actually a good mother... Very caring.... So you are right, some dogs are not born that way.... Parents also goes a long way. When buying a dog, you need to be sure of the parents.

mhd5757:
Some dogs that are not aggressive and territorial is actually due to their character, they just don't have it in them to be vicious. I remember going to this house that had up to 3 gsds, they lock these dogs in a cage and let them free at night but it did not make them vicious one bit, these dogs have never even seen me b4 but when I went to their kennel, they did not do anything, they were just wagging their tails. Apart from these dogs I have seen a lot of other dogs in which no matter how you try to train them they just don't have it in them to be active and protective.
I have experienced this before myself, I got this dog that was a Rott mix it was about five months of age and it was chained, there were some other dogs too in that compound that were chained, all of them were bArking at me except this very one, this very one was just wagging her tail, so I asked the vet who was selling the dog "Why is she too friendly"? He came up with an excuse and told me the dog was vicious that I should take her chain her and eventually it will become territorial so I took it back home and started chaining it, I would chain it in the morning then let it loose in the night but nothing, it never barks it only barked a little bit once in a while but nothing else, I kept it for the next 2 weeks but no improvement I even got her a make partner a gsd that was the same age with her, and this gsd the very first day I went to go and take it it was barking at me, I had to buy his trust before taking him, when I took this dog home the very next day I swear to God this dog started to become more vicious, it will be barking at strangers or if it hears anybody, I was so impressed but that other one? Nothing, I got a temporary cage for them too before building them one, this gsd will bark ferousously when it sees anybody but this othrr idiot will just be standing and looking there was even a time some kids went close to her when she was the only one in the cage, but she did not do Jack sh!T! the mumu was just sitting their looking, I was so angry but I kept it to myself.
Up till a year despite all the chaining and locking o! Nothing, all it now's how to do is to sh!t mountains of faeces and piss everywhere, the useless thing can not even control her self any motive she's excited she will piss, any time she's scared she will piss, but never angry, she even annoyed me more by always splashing a piss all over me.
I eventually got fed up with the stupid dog and gave it away to people who eat dogs because if she will no perform she might as well be a goat.
After that I got another rott mix that was an Adult about 1 year of age to replace that idiot. I was so impressed with this new one I got, the very first day it became territorial, and is very alert and vicious too, up till today the dog is still with me and I am still proud of her, she is everything I ask from a dog both her and my other gsd I am proud of them.
My point is that some dogs naturally have that inner trait of being vigilant while some of them just don't have that trait, that is why before I buy a dog, I make sure I study that dog the way it behaves in its territory and I prefer adult dogs than puppies because with puppies, you never know how they will become when they grow up, maybe you can study the parents but still it may not inherit the parents aggression unless if you are lucky but with an Adult dog you will be sure how it will turn out simply by studying the way it behaves in its territory.

1 Like

Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
McMayor:
You sound like you have been keeping dogs for a while.... I am still surprised there are still some people that dont know the difference between working dog and showline dog. Also even in humans, your parents might be fire(very strict) and / all the children will be soft / simple. Anyways the dog isnt not just what you want / expected. I currently have a GSD too... This one is so dull however that all she wants to do is play from morning till night and from night till morning. If she sees a stranger she would start crying and the look of excitement on her face. I paid 150k for 8 weeks dog hoping to get a security conscious dog only for me to wait a year and this dog would NEVER bark... Infact has never barked before. After all my findings, i realized shes actually a show-line i was upset but then someone told me not to get back that shes my first and also that i should see her as more like an eye opener... So what i did was i kept the dog, currently she has littered and guess what? Shes actually a good mother... Very caring.... So you are right, some dogs are not born that way.... Parents also goes a long way. When buying a dog, you need to be sure of the parents.

At least she's good for breeding she could be your breeding bitch while you get another dog for security.
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by frowland(m): 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
If that quiet dog is male then check if it had retained scrotum. Most people buy puppies without verifying the important fact.
If both or one of the testicle is retained then it will trigger series of behavioral changes which includes the symptoms you just mentioned..
- uncontrolled urination when excited or when angry.
- Much calmer and most occasions, they don't bark at all. .

Be that as it may, not all dogs trouble themselves barking. One of my imported Saint Bernard is 6 months and hardly bark.. The Neapos on the other hand are very aggressive.
As dog owner with years of experience, I know that when its older 1 year plus the aggression of must dogs will change and they will become territorial.
Re: Some Dogs Are Just Not Built To Be Aggressive by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
frowland:
If that quiet dog is male then check if it had retained scrotum. Most people buy puppies without verifying the important fact.
If both or one of the testicle is retained then it will trigger series of behavioral changes which includes the symptoms you just mentioned..
- uncontrolled urination when excited or when angry.
- Much calmer and most occasions, they don't bark at all. .

Be that as it may, not all dogs trouble themselves barking. One of my imported Saint Bernard is 6 months and hardly bark.. The Neapos on the other hand are very aggressive.
As dog owner with years of experience, I know that when its older 1 year plus the aggression of must dogs will change and they will become territorial.
The dog was a female and she is far gone by now.

(1) (Reply)

Special Offer For Lhasa Pups.. / .. / Cobra Snake Killed And Buried After Killing Turkey And Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.