Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,848 members, 7,918,765 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:01 PM

Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? (5376 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by double08(m): 1:09am On Jul 04, 2010
i will be getting married in the next couple of months and my fiance is insistin that once she slips the wedding ring into my finger, I must have it on at all times, she is always saying of what use is getting a diamond ring from Dubai if I wont put it on??
Now here is my problem,I dont like wearing a ring on my fingers coz it makes me feel like am trapped and I feel when I put on a ring it will be very tight and as such I wont be able to remove it and as such my finger will have to be cut off, you can call it phobia
My question is,is it mandatory that you must wear ur ring at all times when you are married?

1 Like

Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by 190: 1:13am On Jul 04, 2010
carry MIC go EDSU go broadcast am!!

anyway back 2 the issue
those are the sacrifices of marriages
u have 2 stay with your ring 24/7
even @ nites when with your wife
like myself i have promised myself that should i get married 2 mama-gee
even in my dreams my ring would still be worn!!
so please save your marriage and wear the damn brass or copper or iron!
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by r231(m): 1:14am On Jul 04, 2010
excuses excuses excuses

if you buy your size it won't be so tight

i am sure wearing cloths doesn't give you phobia

just say you are not ready SIMPLE
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by double08(m): 1:28am On Jul 04, 2010
@190 u really like dat skool,where did u graduate from

I have seen couples who did not put on their weddin ring,even my mum did not always wear hers!
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by 190: 1:35am On Jul 04, 2010
^^

Then thats your dad's choice
your wife has a choice which you must respect
wear the damn thing!
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by cantell(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2010
double08:

i will be getting married in the next couple of months and my fiance is insistin that once she slips the wedding ring into my finger, I must have it on at all times, she is always saying of what use is getting a diamond ring from Dubai if I wont put it on??
Now here is my problem,I dont like wearing a ring on my fingers coz it makes me feel like am trapped
You're already trapped. The last of the locks will shut down finally, when you get married eventually.
So learn to live with it.
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by ikedeo(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2010
why you no go wearam,ebee like say u get other plans abi
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2010
What a daft post! You don't like wearing a ring, because it makes you feel "trapped"! I think you need to see a shrink - and shelve the idea of getting married.

1 Like

Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by tkb417(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2010
But some muslims don't like to wear rings/jewelry and stuff

What's d prob if he doesn't want to wear the ring?
Does it make him less married or what?
@ OP
Fling d damn ring in d ocean when next u drive on 3rd mainland
Its not by force o
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by IRAPADA(m): 8:42am On Jul 04, 2010
Is like u ve hinden agenda abi
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by hatch: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2010
NL with its fair share of weirdos and their phobias
Poster,its strange you don't have a phobia for wearing clothes,because I do feel sort of trapped when I wear clothes atimes.
Never heard such rubbish in entire 30 something years.
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by double08(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2010
Siena:

What a daft post! You don't like wearing a ring, because it makes you feel "trapped"! I think you need to see a shrink - and shelve the idea of getting married.

Oga siena, i did not xpect dis kind of insult from u,maybe the reason why i dnt feel comfortable with ring is that I use my fingers a lot as a network engineer,and I like my hands free
I was trying to xplain myself thats why i used the word 'trapped'
I dont ve hidden agenda cos most of my friends have their rings on and thats what attracts girls to them, believe it or not!
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by IRAPADA(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2010
double08:

Oga siena, i did not xpect dis kind of insult from u,maybe the reason why i dnt feel comfortable with ring is that I use my fingers a lot as a network engineer,and I like my hands free
I was trying to xplain myself thats why i used the word 'trapped'
I dont ve hidden agenda cos most of my friends have their rings on and thats what attracts girls to them, believe it or not!
that is bulshit to say u use ur finger alot are d only network engineer in nigeria or what;is d ring too heavy that it wldnt allow u do ur job abeg give us another excuse
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by lomaxx: 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2010
He asked for advice, but got crucified in the process. @op almost everyone has wierd phobias, and yours had to do with rings. . . . Strange phobia if you ask me, but just wear it because of her. If you love her o o o o o o o o o o
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2010
personally i don't wear like/jewelry: earring, necklace,finger rings etc. it's my personal style, and i don't intend to trap myself to a wedding ring when the time comes. does that now make me bad?
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by guseman(m): 1:26am On Jul 05, 2010
If I refused to wear my wedding ring, does that implies that I don't love my wife? Some people sha,
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by kingrhirhs(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
wearing ur ring is a show of respect for ur wife and urself. it make u rememba
the responsibility u now carry
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by LOVE4BUG(f): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
WHY MARRY WHEN YOU NOT READY TO CARRY THE CROSS tongue tongue tongue

WEAR THE THING JO' grin grin grin
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Spyker: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
It simply means your fiancée does not trust you. I equally don't like wearing rings, necklaces, caps etc. and i don't think my fiancee will force me to wear it. But for the sack of having a happy wife which transcends into a happy home (not house), YOU BETTER DO AS SHE SAYS - WEAR IT until you get used to it.

And ladies in the house, does wearing a wedding ring stop a cheater from being a cheater? I don't think so.
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by amefi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
double08:

Now here is my problem,I dont like wearing a ring on my fingers coz it makes me feel like am trapped and I feel when I put on a ring it will be very tight and as such I wont be able to remove it and as such my finger will have to be cut off, you can call it phobia
My question is,is it mandatory that you must wear your ring at all times when you are married?

fiance: A man who is engaged to be married.
fiancée is the female equivalent
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
tkb417:

But some muslims don't like to wear rings/jewelry and stuff

[b]What's d prob if he doesn't want to wear the ring?[/b]Does it make him less married or what?
@ OP
Fling d damn ring in d ocean when next u drive on 3rd mainland
Its not by force o

His problem is not with the ring . . .

double08:

My question is,is it mandatory that you must wear your ring at all times when you are married?

It's quiet normal to have cold feet when your wedding is approaching. Dont worry, you'll get over it!  wink
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2010
Spyker:

It simply means your fiancée does not trust you. I equally don't like wearing rings, necklaces, caps etc. and i don't think my fiancee will force me to wear it. But for the sack of having a happy wife which transcends into a happy home (not house), YOU BETTER DO AS SHE SAYS - WEAR IT until you get used to it.

And ladies in the house, does wearing a wedding ring stop a cheater from being a cheater? I don't think so.

Are you seriously suggesting that you have to do EVERYTHING you dont want to do just to make your partner happy?

What about your own happiness undecided
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by lactemps(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2010
, ,maybe the reason why i dnt feel comfortable with ring is that I use my fingers a lot as a network engineer,and I like my hands free

@OP, being a Network Engineer does not stop you from wearing a ring, even people who work in Bakeries & other places where greater hygine is needed, are allowed to wear their rings, having worked in the O&G sector for years, you wont tell me that wearing your overall or coverall makes you look ,

And by the way, you are not permitted by HSE to use bare hands to draw wires. LOL.

Well, the day you mature enough to think about marriage, is the day you should make up your mind to "Compromise + readjust" both your feelings, and every other thing about you as a person. By then its no more "I am", but the use of the language "WE" comes to play.

If you hate wearing rings, trust me if you have it for 2 weeks, you would never remember that you have a foreign body on your fingers. You just need to go beyond the self made phobia.

BTW, Girls & Ladys respect you more once they see a ring on your fingers. Cos they feel you are MORE Matured and can be a very good dependent, a listener, and they always want to confide in you and ask of your opinion in their relationships.

Now go get a ring that is half (oversize) your finger, cos once you marry, your fingers becomes fatter, cos you are now "Literary" relaxed.
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by only1life(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
YES u must. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by yme1(f): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2010
its not a must, when you feel less uncomfortable with it take it off
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Kanou(f): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
i will be getting married in the next couple of months and my fiance is insistin that once she slips the wedding ring into my finger, I must have it on at all times, she is always saying of[b] what use is getting a diamond ring from Dubai if I wont put it on[/b]??

If you don't like wearing a ring, start sparing the money and get one that is not so costly. And talk to your fiancee, try to make her understand how you really feel about having a ring 24/7. You'll surely find a compromise.

Good luck  wink
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by Spyker: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ujujoan:

Are you seriously suggesting that you have to do EVERYTHING you dont want to do just to make your partner happy?

What about your own happiness undecided

No i am not suggesting so, what i am simply saying is that there is nothing wrong in wearing the ring in as much as it makes the woman happy. Some men only wear their rings when they are around their wives and remove it immediately they are not around them. But if you make it a habit to wear your ring all the time regardless of whether your wife is around or not and you are not playing or cheating with her, it is better you do as your partner say. After all, it takes understanding to stay with your partner.
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by sayso: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2010
double08:

isn't this enough reason not to marry?
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by jnrprof(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2010
well, if its truly an impediment to your work, you can take it off then and remember to put it on after, although i don't really think it'll disturb your work.

as per your discomfort with rings, maybe you should get yourself an ordinary one, wear ii as often as possible so that you'll get used to the feeling. as said earlier, make sure you get a wedding ring that's your size and avoid gaining extra weight
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by ottiotti: 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
stop deceiving urself na. if u dont want 2 feel 'trapped', then dont get married. please dont put that poor girl or woman in a fix cos u cant eat ur cake and have it. am sure its because of that girl in ur office, abi
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
I wear my wedding ring proudly and guess what, you get a lot of attention from chicks who would otherwise look the otherway without your ring.

Bros wear it well grin
Re: Must I Wear Our Wedding Ring? by blackchief(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2010
if you don't like wearing the ring, don't. I for one, I don't like having a metal object tight to my body.

To please your wife to be, you may consider putting it on a necklace. you may need to lecture her that marriage is in the heart not a piece of metal on the hand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Caught In Her Usual Slotful Lifestyle [PHOTOS] / I Get Worried About Growing Old / I'm Married But My Girlfriends Refuse To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.