Stats: 3,189,395 members, 7,937,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. (835 Views)

Military seizes power in Gabon / Taliban Marks Two Years Since Return To Power In Afghanistan (Photos) / Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says (2) (3) (4)

US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
CHICAGO — The Democratic National Committee voted Saturday to significantly curtail the power of superdelegates and make presidential caucuses more accessible, overcoming objections from a vocal minority of its membership.

The reform package, pushed by DNC Chairman Tom Perez and allies of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, among others, passed overwhelmingly by voice vote at the DNC’s summer meeting here — two years after the process started.

Perez and others hailed the outcome as momentous, saying the reforms will help welcome new people into the party by reassuring them that their vote will never be overruled by the party leaders who can vote for whomever they want for the presidential nomination.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/democrats-strip-super-delegates-power-reform-caucuses-historic-move-n903866

This is what they are doing in Ameria where Nigeria copied Democracy from

Tinubu/Asiwaju is a visionary and a true democrat..

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by dukie25: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2018
This is the wrong section for this article.

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by buharitill2023: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
Wonderful,
Apc is teaching US how to be democratic
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
dukie25:
This is the wrong section for this article.

You mean politics section is not the right section for political news?

Are you high on ganja or what?

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
buharitill2023:
Wonderful,
Apc is teaching US how to be democratic

They call him Asiwaju for a reason...
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by Shukuakukobambi: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
If only all our political parties will adopt this method. It's the only way to ensure ordinary citizens have a say in elections and the party hierarchy will be forced to sit up. It'll also ensure full participation by all and sundry. Party funding will also be taken away from godfathers and cash and carry politicians as all will be encouraged to pay dues and fund the party since they know their voices will be heard loud and clear.

Though before this method can become fraud proof, the membership registers have to be authentic and updated

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by dukie25: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:

You mean politics section is not the right section for political news?

Are you high on ganja or what?

This is to do with US Democrats, not relevant here.

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2018
dukie25:

This is to do with US Democrats, not relevant here.

What is relevant in Nigeria?
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by dukie25: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
deomelo:

What is relevant in Nigeria?

PDP
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by richidinho(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
LuciferCristi:

I don't understand you.

Are you saying Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world just because coincidentally he applied it a few weeks before the US Democrats?

I doubt if people like you attended any higher institution at all because if you did, you will know direct primaries have been used in the US since the 1890s Progressive Era (when Tinubu's grandfather escaped a slave ship).
you even get time to answer him, most of them went to school abroad i.e togo

Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
LuciferCristi:

I don't understand you.

Are you saying Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world just because coincidentally he applied it a few weeks before the US Democrats?

I doubt if people like you attended any higher institution at all because if you did, you will know direct primaries have been used in the US since the 1890s Progressive Era (when Tinubu's grandfather escaped a slave ship).

Are you saying Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world

Show us where I asserted that.

Learn how to read and comprehend simple English words and quit spewing rubbish like another ipob village illiterate.
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
LuciferCristi:

So make it clear... we want an answer.

Did Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu initiate Direct Primaries before US Democrats?

Yes or No?

Did Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu initiate Direct Primaries before US Democrats?

Don't you first have to prove that I said what you are asking me to confirm?

Show me where I said he did.

How hard is it to answer a simple and elementary question.?

See, you lazy Igbos don't read and don't even know how to read and comprehend, you just jump up and down and start spewing rubbish all over the place.
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
LuciferCristi:

Haha grin No be small deflection

Let's try this again...

This unrepentant illiterate said:

And you, deomelo replied him with:

Which is why I asked you to clarify if you're trying to say Tinubu pioneered direct primaries.

You are yet to clarify why you made that response.

I'm still waiting to hear it. I don't want to jump into my own conclusions (for your own good). grin

So, They call him Asiwaju for a reason = Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world...

See how these illiterates fail WAEC?

Again, show us where I said or suggested that Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world unless in your ignorant and can't read and comprehend world, They call him Asiwaju for a reason and Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world. = The same thing.
Re: US Democrats Strip Superdelegates Of Power In Favor Of Direct Primaries. by deomelo: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
LuciferCristi:

So what did you mean by

Tell us then... grin

Show me where I said They call him Asiwaju for a reason = Tinubu pioneered direct primaries in the world..

Obviously you can not, you foolishly jumped into conclusion and tried to attribute what I did not say to me just because you are too mentally crooked and dishonest, you won't admit that you foolishly jumped into conclusion.

Now you can not even show us whee I uttered your ignorant and unintelligent made up rubbish

Photos Of The Earthquake That Rocked Alaska On Friday / South Africa Soon To Begin Land Seizure From White South African Farmers / Off-duty British Soldier Who Stormed Scene Of Kenya Terrorist Attack Commended