Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,119 members, 7,970,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why Do Nigerians Need NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Do Nigerians Need NYSC? (465 Views)

Please I Need NYSC Cap. Location Iwo Road Ibadan This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Need NYSC? by Harlex(m): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2018
The NYSC scheme is one of many government programs or policies that have stand the test of time. The program continues to wax strong as years pass bye. This is due to the increase desire of Nigeria youth to participate in the one year scheme due to privileges enjoyed and hope for better opportunity during and after the one year compulsory service year.

It is indeed service to the nation as the scheme have grown to become one of the major source where schools seek for graduate teachers at little or no cost. Both government and other private school owners depend so much on the service of these graduates to fill up short falls of teachers in their schools.

The method of deployment or posting is one of those things that make the scheme unique as graduates are always apprehensive of their state of deployment, because most Nigerian graduate want to serve in a familiar terrain. In most cases corps members are mostly posted outside their state of residence, birth and even away from their geo-political zones.

This practice brings to the fresh graduates a whole new experience and exposure, because they get to meet different people from diverse ethnicity, culture and religious beliefs. It also gives corps member the opportunity to work both individually and as a team.

Some people have called for an end of the scheme while some believe the scheme need s to undergo major reforms, but irrespective of what you think no one can downplay the role of the scheme in the Education sector of our dear country.

In my secondary school days most of my teachers were corps member from the South East and they played a major role in awakening our brain and mind at a time we had no teachers to take us science subject such as chemistry, mathematics, physics, and biology. They helped to prepare our seniors for WAEC exams. We celebrate them and sometime wish the school can just retain most of them after their service year. Little do I know then that one day I was also going to fill the same gap they filled in my academic life while I was in secondary school.

In totality the scheme have really saved the education sector from total collapse. I don’t know of any government owned school that can run smoothly without the service of these young Nigerians who sacrifice their comfort just to contribute to the society that have In turn given them so little.

We will continue to need the NYSC scheme for years to come, but we can only advice the government to continue to bring life changing reforms to the scheme. It’s not right to serve your country selflessly and one gets nothing in return.

Government need to provide more business funding for corps members, improve their welfare, provide adequate security, security should cover life, career growth and development. These young men and women need not feel abandoned by their nation because of scarce opportunity.

Source: https://www.eduwheel.com.ng/why-do-nigerians-need-nysc/

(1) (Reply)

How To Deny Your Boss Sex Without Saying No To Him / FG Sets To Increase NYSC Allowance -DG / Ibrahim To Replace Kazaure As NYSC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.