Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference (18811 Views)

Meet The Russian Typhoon-Class Submarine,The Largest And Greatest Sub Ever Built / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / Hurricane Maria In Dominican: Buhari Orders Evacuation Of Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by QuotaSystem: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2018
Its however important to note that one distinctive feature of cyclones are their funnel shape.

Same with Tornadoes in North America.
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by sorextee(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2018
What I heard growing up was that those names attached to hurricanes, the person who discovered it first, they name it after him. For instance, if I, a meteorologist foresee a hurricane coming. If it finally comes to pass, they name d hurricane after me. And I blived o angry
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by uju22(f): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2018
So educative, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by ikorodureporta: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2018
Na this stupid question one banker ask me one day. I left my house b4 5am for lekki. Did d test, was selected, & sent to ikeja same day....we were there till 8pm b4 interview started.... Naiem d guy dey throw me that question when i don freeze finish. I was visibly angry...that day i got home almost 1am & was not selected for the job. Curse be on those guys cheesy

1 Like

Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by ikorodureporta: 7:40am On Sep 17, 2018
obafemee80:
HURRICANE? CYCLONE? TYPHOON?: 
They're all the same, officially tropical cyclones. But they just use distinctive terms for a storm in different parts of the world.

Hurricane is used in the Atlantic, Caribbean Sea, central and northeast Pacific.

They are typhoons in the northwest Pacific.

In the Bay of Bengal and the Arabia Sea, they are called cyclones.

Tropical cyclone is used in the southwest India Ocean.

In the southwestern Pacific and southeastern India Ocean they are severe tropical cyclones.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/typhoon-hurricane-cyclone-heres-the-difference/

so which one is tonadoe??

1 Like

Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Born2Breed(f): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2018
obafemee80:
HURRICANE? CYCLONE? TYPHOON?: 
They're all the same, officially tropical cyclones. But they just use distinctive terms for a storm in different parts of the world.

Hurricane is used in the Atlantic, Caribbean Sea, central and northeast Pacific.

They are typhoons in the northwest Pacific.

In the Bay of Bengal and the Arabia Sea, they are called cyclones.

Tropical cyclone is used in the southwest India Ocean.

In the southwestern Pacific and southeastern India Ocean they are severe tropical cyclones.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/typhoon-hurricane-cyclone-heres-the-difference/

What is a tsunami?
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2018
thaoriginator:
mumuni

Dis one sleep wit Buhari matter for head. Lazy yute!

We don see you hardworking adult
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Gr8lex(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2018
omamush:
this is helpful.. but I wonder why they name tropical storms, hurricane Katrina, hurricane Maria, and the one presently hitting N.C hurricane Florence.
I've been thinking about it too. Why female names? E be like say feminists never get their time.
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Dannybammz: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2018
OneCorner:
Dumb post
You gat no sense

1 Like

Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by SimonMagau: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2018
tongue
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by oladotman(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2018
Onlinealaba:
Made me remember geography class in high school was pretty 1 of the best student(ironically) In geography courtesy of Mr Ocheche he made it fun tho. lol

check my signature

Did you attend federal polytechnic Offa staff secondary school mm
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by madgoat(m): 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
wilcox:

By their nomenclature you shall know them. You don't waste your time, energy and resources replying such people that have vowed never to learn a thing. Please when next you see such comments just scroll up and read on.

And you as your mumu brain reach, still quoted and replied someone you were asking not to reply. undecided
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Onlinealaba(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
oladotman:

Did you attend federal polytechnic Offa staff secondary school mm
yes sir, class ,,,, no make I no talk my set..lol
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by GetCofOProperty: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2018
It seems that all Hurricane do have a kind of trendy female name...
Re: Typhoon? Hurricane? Cyclone? Here's The Difference by Eliteklaus(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2018
thaoriginator:
mumuni

Dis one sleep wit Buhari matter for head. Lazy yute!
May God lead you the way BUHARI is leading you, hardworking youth

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013 Cowbell Mathematics Competition (download Past Questions, Entry Form Etc / OAU Cancels 2020/2021 Session, To Resume 2019/2020 Session February 8 / Easy Way To Find The Square Of Number Between 1-100 By Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.