Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,688 members, 7,892,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:59 PM

Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... (6501 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

And what reality is that if I may ask?

When you threaten Igbo in Lagos with the possible loss of their investments you speak from a state of delirium. That is not reality. We must stop that nonsense now. Lets stop!!!!
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by resurgent2019: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

When you threaten Igbo in Lagos with the possible loss of their investments you speak from a state of delirium. That is not reality. We must stop that nonsense now. Lets stop!!!!

Ok. Accepted.

But what about the biafran struggle? What becomes of it?
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Ok. Accepted.

But what about the biafran struggle? What becomes of it?

There is also Oduduwa and Arewa struggle at one point or the other. One solution kills all and it is justice and equity.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by resurgent2019: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

There is also Oduduwa and Arewa struggle at one point or the other. One solution kills all and it is justice and equity.

Hmmmmmmmmm. No comments.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

Informally, Yorubas have stopped regarding you as a political partner in the future of Nigeria. We are sure to support your departure if it ever came up for voting. The gain or loss of your trade and investment in Lagos is not in Yoruba hands but in yours.

As many Ibo that are caught and executed in Asian countries for drug related charges, has it stopped their brothers from following in their footsteps? No.

So we know in Yorubaland that to expect Ibo to respect their Yoruba hosts in Lagos is a dream...a fantasy, it wont happen. Yoruba need to put measure in place to preserve its territorial ownership of Lagos. There are many steps we are taking. Making Yoruba a compulsory language and subject is one. Many more programmes to follow.

So your idea of protection of investment is ridiculous. You are not the only non-Yoruba tribe in Lagos. Why do our other guests feel secured but you do not? You should manage that fear on your side, we do not owe you a special treatment. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Informally, Yorubas have stopped regarding you as a political partner in the future of Nigeria. We are sure to support your departure if it ever came up for voting. The gain or loss of your trade and investment in Lagos is not in Yoruba hands but in yours.

As many Ibo that are caught and executed in Asian countries for drug related charges, has it stopped their brothers from following in their footsteps? No.

So we know in Yorubaland that to expect Ibo to respect their Yoruba hosts in Lagos is a dream...a fantasy, it wont happen. Yoruba need to put measure in place to preserve its territorial ownership of Lagos. There are many steps we are taking. Making Yoruba a compulsory language and subject is one. Many more programmes to follow.

So your idea of protection of investment is ridiculous. You are not the only non-Yoruba tribe in Lagos. Why do our other guests feel secured but you do not? You should manage that fear on your side, we do not owe you a special treatment. grin

I have always suspected that it is all about Lagos. Can you enumerate how Igbo disrespect their hosts in Lagos. And how do you want them to conduct themselves that they are contravening. Don't you think that you can openly canvas for constitutional changes that will exclude non Yoruba from the politics of Lagos. If it becomes the law everyone will abide by it. We cannot pretend that non indigenes do not exist when they do in large numbers and the constitution does not restrict them from elective positions. I mean this is a reality that we must accept and live with. At no point do I expect that a non Yoruba should aspire to be an Oba. But the political positions are open to qualified candidate if we must progress. Its not only Yoruba people that can develop Lagos. Lagos have been a cosmopolitan town with diverse groups contributing to its development. We need to be open and objective and challenge the status quo. Lets be focusing on the bigger picture.

OK I imagine that you guys want the Igbo to spearhead Biafra so that Nigeria dismembers and thereafter you can have your beloved Lagos. But you do not want to take any risks in the process and you also want to be seen as not wanting separations in case it all goes wrong. Can you for a moment think of a Lagos without the Igbos (Let us assume you have killed all of them and taken all their properties), the Oil and gas companies, other nigerians. That Lagos will be completely different from what it is today. Even a separate Biafra will still need the Nigerian market to survive. So my brother we all need each other please.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by resurgent2019: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

I have always suspected that it is all about Lagos. Can you enumerate how Igbo disrespect their hosts in Lagos. And how do you want them to conduct themselves that they are contravening. Don't you think that you can openly canvas for constitutional changes that will exclude non Yoruba from the politics of Lagos. If it becomes the law everyone will abide by it. We cannot pretend that non indigenes do not exist when they do in large numbers and the constitution does not restrict them from elective positions. I mean this is a reality that we must accept and live with. At no point do I expect that a non Yoruba should aspire to be an Oba. But the political positions are open to qualified candidate if we must progress. Its not only Yoruba people that can develop Lagos. Lagos have been a cosmopolitan town with diverse groups contributing to its development. We need to be open and objective and challenge the status quo. Lets be focusing on the bigger picture.

OK I imagine that you guys want the Igbo to spearhead Biafra so that Nigeria dismembers and thereafter you can have your beloved Lagos. But you do not want to take any risks in the process and you also want to be seen as not wanting separations in case it all goes wrong. Can you for a moment think of a Lagos without the Igbos (Let us assume you have killed all of them and taken all their properties), the Oil and gas companies, other nigerians. That Lagos will be completely different from what it is today. Even a separate Biafra will still need the Nigerian market to survive. So my brother we all need each other please.

Hmmmmmmmm. This one you are sounding conciliatory so.

I would still refrain from addressing the substance of this post.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Hmmmmmmmm. This one you are sounding conciliatory so.

I would still refrain from addressing the substance of this post.

I don't understand. My position on issues have always been same. Unchanged. I am not a bigot and I will never be. We all need each other to make Nigeria a great nation. As I said it is equity and justice.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by resurgent2019: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

I don't understand. My position on issues have always been same. Unchanged. I am not a bigot and I will never be. We all need each other to make Nigeria a great nation. As I said it is equity and justice.

You have spoken well but please don’t say Yorubas want to kill or take over igbo properties.

The worst we can do is formulate stringent policies to deter more igbos from residing and investing in our region. We are not violent people. We can threaten and boast but we would never adopt violence as a way to solve our problems.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

You have spoken well but please don’t say Yorubas want to kill or take over igbo properties.

The worst we can do is formulate stringent policies to deter more igbos from residing and investing in our region. We are not violent people. We can threaten and boast but we would never adopt violence as a way to solve our problems.

More refreshing from you.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Oti ooo!

Igbos don't commit any evil, rather they are the ones who have evil committed against them.

Lagos-Ibadam press of Afonja have only told lies against the Igbos.

In fact, I have once debated a self righteous Igbo on this forum who posited that it was wicked Yoruba press that exacerbated the post coup pogrom in the North by reporting on the gloating of the Igbo. As though the Fulani man in Kaduna or Kano needed to read or hear news from the SouthWest about the jubilations of the Igbos in the same Northern markets were both traded, with the Igbo personally reminding him how they killed their leader and he was crying and begging like a ram poised to be slaughtered.

This is the narrative we saw physically but have refused to tell our children in attempts to be " politically correct" only to be insulted in today's Nigeria as Illiterates, Almajiri, shoe shiner, parasite in daily interface despite our education. What they are doing to us today reminds me of those dark days and tells me that they have not changed. Do you blame me? When I am a witness? Will i be justified to insist that my children should not see what i have seen?

The time for being "politically correct" is gone. My PVC has along validuty period and I will make sure that anybody that insulted me in 66 and whose children are insulting me now, does not have the chance to lord it over my grand children and give them the same treatment . It is called democracy, using your vote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

I will admit that I reply Igbo hatred with like hatred.

But I will never tell a lie to win an argument. I only deal with facts without the need for political correctness.

My problem with Igbos is that they are a tribe that are bereft of any political correctness by nature. They feel it is their prerogative to talk about other tribes and their culture and their leaders as they choose to see them, but will never entertain same discussions about their own.

You are highly territorial and protective of your own, while not caring to lay to waste and derision all that others hold dear.

So yes, If I see an Igbo despising my tribe or Nigeria that they loved while in the corridors of power, he becomes a worthy recipient of my own hate too.

Let the Igbo continue to talk as they like, others too can talk as they like with the same reckless abandon we have learnt from the Igbos.

Today enhhhh... abeg..... please I beg you to close this matter here. Younger ones dey here. Let's be adults and watch our emotions. These warriors latch onto catch phrases and begin to use them without understanding the narrative. I beg you. My anger never reach your own but please.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You should separate the bloated bureaucracy and its drag on citizenry from the subject at hand, which is....the risk Yoruba face if we slack and yield the ground for Ibo to be in line of succession to the presidency or as a presidential candidate of a winning party.

This is not America or UK and we will never ever, as Nigerians, match up to those two places so no need to pretend ourselves as champion of equity and democracy. Yoruba must prevent and blovk Ibo from ever ascending this presidency.

As far Biafra is concerned thats a whole separate issue as well. No Nigerian is holding you back. You were kicked out of North last year and your leaders begged to have that eviction notice withdrawn. True or false? Your own Ibos have scattered investments all over Nigeria and are hooked to the honey they feed on. Its too sweet for them to detach from. There is no honey in alqibo to feed their taste and hunger. They are the ones opposing Biafra. They are the ones whispering behind closed doors to Buratai to dispatch military to East and clean out ipob before it becomes uncontrolably and Biafra is actualized indeed. Look Peter Obi in his face, look at Orji Kalu in his face, look at Ifeanyi Ubah and Chris Uba and all these your people...Nnia Nwodo dem, they are the ones stopping Biafra, not Yoruba and not Hausa. If you meant to leave you had ample chance last year to make it happen when you werw told to go ahead and separate. Why didnt you?

They don't know how to vote whether at the ballot box or with their feet.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2018
Gabriel004:
Yinmu, mumu, the person you are replying is not also in nigera. I base in Dortmund in Garmany. Who All these your epistle help. If you like stay in the moon, how does that help a common man. Shut up oga, why did you reply at same 7 am. You keep displaying your stupidity.

Wuuderbar...... eine flasche sekt.... prost
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by meccuno: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Federal Character Principle was the product of Gowon Administration when after the Civil War when it was believed that Igbos occupied major ministries. But that should not border any body because Igbos did not occupy every ministry before the war. Remark that Tafawa Balewa was in Power and Ahmadu Bello made sure that Hausa-Fulani held the Nigerian Military even without formal education. So, where is Federal Character Principle in the Nigerian Military? Hausa should not monopolize everything; Igbo should not monopolize every thing; Yoruba should not monopolize every thing; Efik, Ijaw, Tiv, Fulani, and others should not monopolize every thing; I think that is what Federal Character Principle stands for.

BUT AS IT IS NOW, SHOULD WE SAY THERE IS FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE IN NIGERIA? NOW LOOK AT THIS DATA:

1) About 70% of Nigeria Foot-soldiers are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

2) About 80% of all Permanent Secretaries in Federal Ministries are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

3) About 80% of those given Oil Wells presently in the Oil from Niger Delta Region are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

4) About 60% of Generals in the Nigerian Military are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

5) About 60% of the Heads of Parastatals are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

6) About 70% of the Top Posts in P.D.P are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

7) About 60% of the Top Ranks in Nigerian Police Force are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

cool About 70% of Nigerian State Security Services (SSS) men are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

9) About 60% Top Posts in each of: Nigerian Prison Services, Nigeria Immigration and Nigerian Ports Authority are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

10) Visit JAMB Office and see. About 90% of the employees are from both Hausa –Fulani and Yoruba tribes. Is that Federal Character Principle?

11) Visit Federal Secretariat Abuja Central Area Complex and see for your self. More than 80% of all the employees are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

12) Visit Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and see for yourself. About 95% of the professors and workers are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

13) Go and check all the Federal Universities, Federal Colleges of Education, Federal Polytechnics. About 90% of all the Registrars and Bursars are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

14) Go and check all those given appointments to serve on behalf of Nigeria in both African Union and United Nations. About 98% of them are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

15) About 70% of all the Ambassadors and High Commissioners are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

16) About 95% of all the employees (staff) of Nigerian High Commissions and Ambassadorials abroad are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:
The poster should do a lot more to prove to his moderate Yoruba that Igbo are unworthy to be president of Nigeria. By the way, what is the big deal in sacking unfit northern and SW staff from FAAN? Are they not Nigerians? How come only North and SW occupied those positions in the first place over decades. Idiots!!! There is no Nigerian who does not understand that under those officials FAAN was on the verge of collapse. Under their stewardship Nigeria experienced a horrific trail of plane crashes. Majority of Nigerians hailed the reforms that was brought to the aviation sector. It was clear to all that the erstwhile managers had lost all innovativeness and their presence was only for their own greed and aggrandizement. The problem of this poster is that entitled mentality of the North and the SW. I can only say they you guys are the spoilt children of Nigeria that do not want Nigeria to move forward. How can one begin to enumerate the dastardly things you have done in this country? It is an endless list. So please you should go and rest.

We know, Nigeria cannot move forward till you are placed on the right hand side of God.......and then. you will close the gates of heaven, shutting us out.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by resurgent2019: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
citizenY:

This is the narrative we saw physically but have refused to tell our children in attempts to be " politically correct" only to be insulted in today's Nigeria as Illiterates, Almajiri, shoe shiner, parasite in daily interface despite our education. What they are doing to us today reminds me of those dark days and tells me that they have not changed. Do you blame me? When I am a witness? Will i be justified to insist that my children should not see what i have seen?

The time for being "politically correct" is gone. My PVC has along validuty period and I will make sure that anybody that insulted me in 66 and whose children are insulting me now, does not have the chance to lord it over my grand children and give them the same treatment . It is called democracy, using your vote.

This is a serious comment ooo.

I don’t know why igbos can’t stop insulting other Nigerians. They are really doing damage to their tribe’s chances of ever being politically relevant in Nigeria by denigrating others. In fact, it seems they have given up all hope of being President Of Nigeria—which invariably means they would need hausa and Yoruba votes—and adopted a zero sum approach of destroying the country. It is akin to the biblical story of the two prostitutes and King Solomon. It’s also known as the sour grapes principle—if I can’t have it, I rather destroy it. The coming years will be very rough for them politically indeed.

I hope the igbos are seeing this?

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by citizenY(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Olril18:

they will talk about igbo getting presidency, who presidency epp I beg?
don't you see how lifeless man Bulgaria has turned his native Daura to paradise? and how ogun state roads are world class bcoz obasanjo was once president..
are northerners not the most backward, poorest and retrogessive people in the universe despite their political and military power?
presidency ko, presidential ni.
BTW I thought you wanted to run away from Nigeria, have you gotten your visa?
failure of a lawyer.no wonder you are not progressing.

Na blind man talk say eye dey smell.....Hausa idiom.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
meccuno:
Federal Character Principle was the product of Gowon Administration when after the Civil War when it was believed that Igbos occupied major ministries. But that should not border any body because Igbos did not occupy every ministry before the war. Remark that Tafawa Balewa was in Power and Ahmadu Bello made sure that Hausa-Fulani held the Nigerian Military even without formal education. So, where is Federal Character Principle in the Nigerian Military? Hausa should not monopolize everything; Igbo should not monopolize every thing; Yoruba should not monopolize every thing; Efik, Ijaw, Tiv, Fulani, and others should not monopolize every thing; I think that is what Federal Character Principle stands for.

BUT AS IT IS NOW, SHOULD WE SAY THERE IS FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE IN NIGERIA? NOW LOOK AT THIS DATA:

1) About 70% of Nigeria Foot-soldiers are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

2) About 80% of all Permanent Secretaries in Federal Ministries are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

3) About 80% of those given Oil Wells presently in the Oil from Niger Delta Region are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

4) About 60% of Generals in the Nigerian Military are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

5) About 60% of the Heads of Parastatals are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

6) About 70% of the Top Posts in P.D.P are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

7) About 60% of the Top Ranks in Nigerian Police Force are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

cool About 70% of Nigerian State Security Services (SSS) men are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

9) About 60% Top Posts in each of: Nigerian Prison Services, Nigeria Immigration and Nigerian Ports Authority are from Hausa-Fulani. Is that Federal Character Principle?

10) Visit JAMB Office and see. About 90% of the employees are from both Hausa –Fulani and Yoruba tribes. Is that Federal Character Principle?

11) Visit Federal Secretariat Abuja Central Area Complex and see for your self. More than 80% of all the employees are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

12) Visit Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and see for yourself. About 95% of the professors and workers are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

13) Go and check all the Federal Universities, Federal Colleges of Education, Federal Polytechnics. About 90% of all the Registrars and Bursars are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

14) Go and check all those given appointments to serve on behalf of Nigeria in both African Union and United Nations. About 98% of them are from both Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

15) About 70% of all the Ambassadors and High Commissioners are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

16) About 95% of all the employees (staff) of Nigerian High Commissions and Ambassadorials abroad are from Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba tribes combined. Is that Federal Character Principle?

Dont just throw numbers and percentages out like you are talking to your co-travellers in alaibo. You will come out correct on my thread. Now tidy yourself up and start all over.

We need true numbers by ethnic group, not all these speculations you are fabricating. Give us authentic numbers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by meccuno: 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Dont just throw numbers and percentages out like you are talking to your co-travellers in alaibo. You will come out correct on my thread. Now tidy yourself up and start all over.

We need true numbers by ethnic group, not all these speculations you are fabricating. Give us authentic numbers.
i cant be doing that for you mr. do the research your self.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
jomonic:

The bottom line of Yoruba society is diversity....whether in politics, in commerce, or in marriage. Yoruba race have never in our history been known to hate anyone, not even people we went to war with. While Oyo warred Dahomey, trade between the two was still on going and markets did not stop operating. While Yoruba warred Fulani the two were still meeting in mosques and saying prayers together and Fulani clerics were still lecturing in Yorubaland, neither were Yorubas passing through Fulani territory to Agades for trade harrassed.

In fact during Biafran war there were pockets of Ibos that did not return home but remained behind in Yorubaland.

So we are not a hateful society....but by God, its hard not to hate Ibo.

I was, few weeks ago, looking online for history on some legal documents that Herbert Macauley signed regarding Amodu Tijjani's case against Oba of Lagos and the Colony as defendants, I found it but also stumbled on a very important document about how they traded slaves in Lagos before abolishment. The Portuguese and the Dutch addressed the sitting Oba of Lagos like they were talking to their own King. They were even pleading with him to intercede on their behalf to open more trades hinterland. So who is Ibo in Lagos? You are nothing! Lagos has always been a commercial nerve center of prosperity. Lagos will not miss a heartbeat when you leave. I am yet to see an Ibo migrant that entered Lagos with pocket full of millions... Lagos is your benefactor. You can never bring Lagos to its knees, but Lagos can wreck your fortunes.

We will not go into history as a hateful tribe. We must put a wall between you and us so that our frustrations with you does not spillover into violence and wipeout.

It is very important an Ibo does not ascend the presidency of this country. Just as an attachment, without presidential power, under Jonathan look at what your sister did. So imagine if you were the ruler with presidential powers....what should we expect?

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by maestroferdi: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

That you cannot stomach your history is not my problem.

How I come across to you is irrelevant to the facts that history reminds us.

Even I will be ashamed of all the factual and historic tribalism exhibited and perpetrated by the Azikiwe gang in the 1960 independence government, over federal positions that should not have been the exclusive preserve of a gluttonous tribe.

And I'm sure that the details of the topic showed that as it was done by the Igbos in the 1960s, so was it in the very recent Jonathan era by the Igbos.

We will talk about it, without regard to your emotional frailty.
Despite your gratuitous verbosity, you were still unable to rise above crass ignorance.

In the First Republic Nigerian was practising parliamentary democracy.

I believe you can figure out how the parliamentary system of government runs...

In any case, the last time I checked Azikiwe was, as some Yorubas would derisively labelled him, a ceremonial president/figurehead. Are you implying that Azikiwe was powerful than the combo of Balewa and Ahmadu Bello?

Can you try a little in explaining the preponderance of the Igbos in Officer Cadre of the Nigerian Army? Was that also engineer ed by Azikiwe?

Instead of venting your frustration on the Igbos, why not chew on the fact that a Yoruba man Ogundipe was asked to take reins of power after the counter coup in July 1966 only for him to cowardly chicken out and run to London...

The momentum will always be with the Igbos, there is just you traducers can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by maestroferdi: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

You say you are yoruba and you ram into me like you have done over my justified comment against the igbos?

I leave you with your conscience.
Quit being obtuse/dense...
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by maestroferdi: 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:
Let’s see where rabid hate and propaganda peddling will get igbos politically.

There are millions of yoruba hawks who will get into positions of authority soon enough(I know many) and they don’t like igbos, neither are they politically correct.

What that means is that even igbo trade all over Nigeria is not safe. The future indeed looks bleak for these people. Only them can save themselves—by stopping the wanton indoctrination of their kids to hate other Nigerians and investing massively in their homeland.
Your thought process is a monumental embarrassment...
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
citizenY:

We know, Nigeria cannot move forward till you are placed on the right hand side of God.......and then. you will close the gates of heaven, shutting us out.

Nigeria will not move forward until there is justice, fairness and equality. Until this condition is fulfilled majority of Nigeria will continue to struggle.
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Gabriel004: 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Bane2020:

I bet you don't even know the meaning of articulate, you dyslexic piece of garbage.
See this schizophrenic patient talking too. Who your monkey like banana. Lol, someone that can't type correctly without the auto correct on his phone trying to show grin
Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by pazienza(m): 1:26am On Sep 18, 2018
Lol! The hate is real.
If Federal character was used in appointments and promotions in Aviation industry before Stella appeared, how come nearly all the heads of the departments were Yorubas?
It's obvious Federal character wasn't applied in their appointments.
It's a case of those(Yorubas) who were already used to privileges, now seeing equity and justice as injustice to them.
Oduah had to sack excess Yoruba heads to create room for Igbos who were almost non existent in the leadership structure of the aviation industry, because Yorubas had hijacked the ministry and ensured only them and their kinds got promoted on regular basis.

You rushed and took both your share and others share. And when forced to give up the excess you took, so that others could get their share, you turn back and accuse others of tribalism, for not allowing you keep your excesses.
Until Yorubas explain to Nigerians How nearly all the GM in a federal government parastatal like Aviation ministry, ended up being only Yorubas, your calumny campaign against Oduah and Ndiigbo would never stand.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by pazienza(m): 1:36am On Sep 18, 2018
"Otherwise, how else does one describe recent hoopla that greeted Ethiopian Airlines’, ET, foray into AkanuIbiam International Airport, Enugu, two weeks ago.
It should be noted that any government serious about the development of its aviation sector would not celebrate multiple entries for foreign airlines into its territories as doing that sets the tone for death of local airlines. And for an aviation sector that is as fledgling as Nigeria’s, the multiple entries granted foreign airlines by officials of the Aviation Ministry can best be described as debilitating for a struggling economy.
The implication of this is capital flight which, before now, had been put at close to N100 billion annually. So, the wild celebration that greeted ET flight into Enugu demonstrated the lack of capacity on the part of those drawing up policies for the aviation industry.
Enugu now makes Ethiopian Airlines’ third entry point into the country, after Lagos and Abuja. Other foreign airlines enjoy same approvals from the Aviation Ministry. This makes the aviation industry the worst bleeding spot for the country in terms of capital flight.
Ideally, local airlines are positioned to feed passengers for foreign airlines but now that the international airlines are indirectly carrying passengers to virtually every corner of the country, government’s talk about assisting domestic airlines to grow amounts to policy somersault. No sane country does it.

The entry of Ethiopian Airlines into Enugu is a negative development for domestic airlines. All we have done is to give way to kill the domestic carriers; we are killing the industry gradually.

They have also succeeded in killing operations into Port Harcourt, Owerri and Asaba, as the domestic airlines are supposed to feed passengers for foreign airlines to these airports. Politically, we have scored some good points but on the other hand, we are damaging the economy,” said Capt. Dele Ore, an ex-pilot.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aviation-development-a-rehash-of-old-tunes-2/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by pazienza(m): 1:40am On Sep 18, 2018
Above is the demonstration of the hate the Yorubas habour towards Ndiigbo.
Oduah determination to open up Enugu as an international gateway didn't seat well with hateful Yorubas, who were scared of Lagos losing its market share. The likes of Dele Ore actively fought against Oduah, and Oduah had to fight back as well.

To Yorubas, Enugu International Airport must not stand, in addition to that, Stella was supposed to allow them to continue unchallenged and unmerited dominance in the aviation industry, to the detriment of Ndiigbo. Stella fought against this fiercely, and Yorubas came for her head using their media. This is just a tip of the grand conspiracy Ndiigbo have suffered at the hands of Yorubas.

Isn't it instructive that just few Years after OBJ a Yoruba son had 8yrs presidency with Igbo massive support, Yorubas are currently VP, yet they seek to become president again while they insist that Igbos must remain in the sidelines. And to ensure this, it is now expedient for Yorubas to employ all tactics available to appeal to the Igbophobic bond of Nigerians, by undergoing calumny campaign against Ndiigbo.

Igbos are hateful and vindictive and dont build alliances, Yorubas preach, in bid to paint Igbos black, to enhance their own chances of taking the presidency slot when it comes to South again. Forget the fact that SW and SS have had their turns at presidency since 1999. Yorubas are not being greedy for trying to usurp SE to Presidency after they had their turn under Obasanjo, Yorubas are not being ingrates for not repaying back the favour Igbos gave to them by supporting OBJ, their son for eight years. Nope, how can it be that they are being greedy, power hungry, unfair and ungrateful, only Igbos can be those things. They (Yorubas) are only being sophisticated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 5:05am On Sep 18, 2018
Pazienza,
Ibos are ruinous! You always want to be at top but once there you are incompetent and ruin everything.

To drive home the danger of placing an Ibo at top I'm going to your homeland to bring up Akanu Ibiam International Airport as example. The attached pictures says it all.

Before Oduah became minister this airport had never been flooded and operated safely. So did her intervention help or ruined the facility?

Her intervention are the Ibos she filled into positions as heads.

Your governors, your stakeholders and people that need safe operation of the airport to make income are complaining. Do you see Capt. Ore's name here? Do you see any Yoruba amongst the aggrieved? No, they are all Ibos.

Prior to Oduah's intervention Akanu Ibiam had a functioning service and a well operated and functioning cargo hub.

So your posts support my call to block any and all opportunity by which Ibo will ever become president in Nigeria.

If absence of Ibo at top posts make airports operate well and services functioned hitch free and businesses had no complaint...but once competent hands were sacked to position Ibo as the boss, then all things that worked before ceased functioning and facilities even became death traps for passengers and airlines, then we should endeavor to keep Ibo away from positions of leadership!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by BabaRamota1980: 5:06am On Sep 18, 2018

Re: Igbo Presidency Vs Yoruba Presidency. Why Yoruba Must Worry.... by Gabriel004: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2018
Xander85:

You're an absolutely vile creature!

I just engage you here to draw out that vileness and memorialise it for everyone to see and refer back to! These type of threads as terrible as they are are necessary to show my naive 'one Nigeria' kinsfolk just what we're up against and the type of murderous characters they want us to continue sharing the same country with!

You see, you're buttressing the point i made earlier about you sitting on the fence....giving the lame excuse that it's not your duty or that of the Yoruba to encourage or facilitate the Biafran secession bid! What a cop out! Dude, if i were sharing the same country with a people that are as troublesome and a danger to my people as you make the Igbo out to be, i'd support in a heartbeat any plans they have to secede so my people can be safe and share the country only with 'angels' and 'saints' like you suggest! Now we have the Biafrans/Igbos/IPOB that feel they're sharing the same country with a people having a medieval, vindictive and murderous disposition! You don't see us sitting on the fence saying it's the job of these people to leave 'one Nigeria' if they so wish....rather you see us actively doing something about it, knowing that the survival and progress of our people as a race depends on us distancing ourselves from these type of people! On the other hand, you see these people accusing us of hate and sending their murderous armies into Igbo land to bully, intimidate and kill us in cold-blood! We have the blood of our innocent kinsmen as evidence to show just how serious we are to extricate ourselves from sharing the same country with hateful schmucks like you....what can you show as evidence that YOU throwback wants to extricate your own people from sharing the same country with a people you and the OP have painted in such unflattering colours and accused of being antithetical to the interests of the Yoruba if one of them they ever becomes president!

The day Ndigbo start taking advice from a bigoted spawn of lucifer like you is the day i'll book them all up for an appointment to see a shrink! You mean you want IPOB/Biafrans to take advantage of Nigerias' flawed political system.....vote in people sympathetic to the cause, and seek to influence the rest of Nigeria at 'the discussion table' in which the core muslim north that are prepared to murder for the continuation of 'one Nigeria' outnumber us three-to-one? Dude, what are you smoking? You actually think the 'owners of Nigeria' are gonna stand by and let individuals sympathetic to the break-up of Nigeria contest election, never mind allowing them to win it? In any case, you all have seen the kind of treacherous and lilly-livered elite we are dealing with in Igboland! I think it was on the day of the sit-at-home or a day after, i saw on the news a rogues gallery of so called traditional rulers from Abia go to Aso Rock to kiss Buharis' butt! These are traditional rulers from a state where the fulani military kidnapped on of their own, his wife and son (Mazi Kanu) since last year, yet they go to Abuja to tell Buhari he's doing a 'marvellous job'! Sure he is.....if doing a marvellous job means sending your murderous kinsfolk down to the southeast to lay waste the region, murder innocent protesters and kidnap the man and his parents you see as a stumbling block to the continuation of the farce you call Nigeria!

You're one pathetic SOB mate! So you accuse Igbos of hate on what basis? Is it based on what you read here on this faceless forum, or are their actual instances in real life you care to refer to? How do you know those people you accuse on here of disrespecting and riling-up your people are actually all Igbo? Heck, you claim to be Yoruba.....i even have my doubts about that! shocked The ethnic groups Ndigbo accuse of having some among them who hate on us and have made hate speeches against us....we can show you concrete proof of this: remember the anti-Igbo speeches and assertions of Akintola and the Sadauna; remember the killings of Igbos in the north in the 50s; remember the pogroms of Igbos in the north in 66/67; remember Asaba massacre; remember talk of shooting anything and everything in Biafra that moves; remember the starvation policy in Biafra....dreamt up when the plucky Biafran soldiers were proving too difficult to defeat via conventional warfare; remember all the numerous religious riots and killings in the north in the 70s, 80s and 90s; remember the killing of youth corpers in 2011 in the north (some of who were Igbo....and Yoruba as well); remember all the talk of Igbos never being allowed to be president of Nigeria (statements made by the very same people who cheer on python dance in the east); remember Oba Akiolus' talk of drowning any Igbo that doesn't support the APC in the Lagos Lagoon; remember that doctor in the US that boldly and openly supported the killing of Igbos; remember the deportation of Igbos from Lagos to Upper Iweka by Fashola; dude, i could go on and on! These are verifiable instances when others have openly shown hate to the Igbos you accuse of hate! NOW YOU LIST CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO SHOW THE HATE OF IGBOS TOWARDS YOUR KINSFOLK AND OTHER ETHNICITIES!

I can even show you instances where northern elite have made disparaging remarks against the Yoruba, but of course that one doesn't matter to throwback since it's the northerner muslims saying it! It's when the Igbos say Lagos is no-mans-land that you get hot under the collar, jab a finger in their direction pointedly and scream 'hate speech...hate speech'! There are numerous instances where the Hausa/Fulani have engaged Yoruba in a deadly fight ON YORUBA LAND, yet according to throwback that is an expression of love! shocked Care to mention how many times, if any, Yoruba and Igbo have engaged in deadly street battles in Yorubaland?

Dude, i don't know the kind of psychological problems you face that makes you see black as white and ignore your moral-compass whn it's Igbos involved, but you seriously need help....ASAP!
What happened when the north gave you people quit notice to help your dream. Why did they not leave, why begging. So you expect me to read for you in order for you to pass your exam right.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Trump's Iran Bombing Will Affect Nigeria / President Buhari Receives Letters Of Credence From Ambassadors / LP Wins Polling Unit 025, Sabon Garri, Kano State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.