Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,953 members, 7,909,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:30 AM

I Need Business Advice On : - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Business Advice On : (1156 Views)

Business Advice Nairaland Pls Check In / Get Free Business Advice, Insights And Supports Here! / UK Relocation: I Need Business Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Business Advice On : by danarchy4(m): 10:58am On Jul 05, 2010
Dear Forumnites I intend to run a standard supermarket in a choice area in Lagos.

I have identified the area and concluded all negotiations.

Though i have an intention to do the Business i donot have an idea on how to go about it

Kindly advice on the neccesary steps to take after paying for the place.

on: staffing,stock,Financials and control.

Do i need a constant bulk supplier as Iam extremely busy and may not have time in replenishing
the stock. If yes how do I get such suppliers as i may not be the one actually managing the Business but only monitoring.

Pls you guide is highly wellcome.
Re: I Need Business Advice On : by sophianah(f): 11:07am On Jul 05, 2010
I do not have a supermarket, but I think av seen some average sized supermarkets that I really appreciate, and u know what, people will always have a need to buy something.
This is just my little advice.
Since u already have alocation, I think the next thing u need to think of , is the remaining 3P's of mrketing

PRODUCTS: Think about the products u really want to be selling

PROMOTION: How do u want to create awareness

PRICE: This is the most important aspect of any business, the price. People can actually walk some miles just to get somethings at a cheaper rate. Inorder to sell things at a rate in a supermarket that will be cheaper compared to ur other competitors, it will be better to buy directly from companies or major suppliers. Let ur goods be arranged in a very neat way and always put price tags on the items, ds always ensure that people buy more things. THis is becos people always want to know the price dey will be paying for an tem rather than asking the staff, if u live close to surulere, u can walk into shopdirect or if u av an addide supermarket ard u, u can see what they do

I wish u luck in ur new business

(1) (Reply)

What To Invest 5 Million Or 10,000,000 Naira Into? / Snail, Ogolo, Egwusi And Crayfish In Bulk For Sale / Beware Of Fradulent Forex Broker In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.