Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,254 members, 7,970,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:29 PM

(abortion) : Please Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (abortion) : Please Advice (682 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(abortion) : Please Advice by AVISENNA: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
DEAR NAIRALANDERS I REALLY NEED YOU HONEST, SINCERE AND BIBLICAL VIEW AND ANSWER ABOUT THIS: I GREW UP AS A CHRISTIAN , BORN AGAIN AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GOSPEL BUT I DID SOMETHING CONTRARY TO THE WILL OF GOD. I GOT PREGNANT BUT OUT OF FEAR AND SHAME I ABORTED IT,EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THE GUILT OF MY ACTIONS.
1. HOW DO I MAKE UP FOR THIS AND REDEEM MYSELF.
2. I EVEN OPENED UP TO MY FIANCE OVER THIS AND HE HAS CONSTANTLY ENCOURAGED ME THAT ,GOD IS MERCIFUL;

I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE.:,
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by Image123(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
What is all these? Please go seek counsel from your pastor or older friends or some responsible people, not here. What is wrong with people? Yesterday was just sunday.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by MyJoe: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
The Christian recipe for you would be to ask God for forgiveness and believe you have been forgiven because you asked in the name of Jesus. Then get "real born again" and become, maybe, a church worker. This is not so. God is love, but He is also justice. Here is my suggestion: repent and ask God for forgiveness. Then demonstrate your repentance by protecting life and caring for the disadvantaged. Since you destroyed a life, or, to put it more accurately, denied a human soul an opportunity to experience earthly life, you need to care for and nurture life. If you think of ways to do this, I am sure you will find many. Prevent abortion whenever you can. Help children and babies in need. Care for animals. Once you resolve to do this and actually start putting your resolve into practice, you will feel light as you would have averted the judgment of God currently hanging over your head.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by e36991: 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
AVISENNA:

DEAR NAIRALANDERS

I REALLY NEED YOUR HONEST, SINCERE AND BIBLICAL VIEW AND ANSWER ABOUT THIS:

I GREW UP AS A CHRISTIAN , BORN AGAIN AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GOSPEL BUT  I DID SOMETHING CONTRARY TO THE WILL OF GOD.

I GOT PREGNANT BUT OUT OF FEAR AND SHAME I ABORTED IT EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THE GUILT OF MY ACTIONS.

1. HOW DO I MAKE UP  FOR THIS AND REDEEM MYSELF.
2. I EVEN OPENED UP TO MY FIANCE OVER THIS AND HE HAS CONSTANTLY ENCOURAGED ME THAT GOD IS MERCIFUL;

I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE:

@AVISENNA

Don't be too hard on yourself.

What point is there crying over spilt milk, eh?

You see, at times we learn from our experience[/b]s [b]or that of others

Which is why its often said "Experience shapes your Character and your Character determines your Actions"

You know you got it wrong. We know you got it wrong too

but this guilt trip shouldn't be a life sentence neither should it be hanging over you like a death sentence

Daniel 9:9 KJV:

To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebell[/b]ed [b]against him;

God is ahead of you. He had already blessed you with an understanding and knowledgeable partner for such a time like this

True, true talk, the Lord our God is merciful and forgiving

Psalms 51:16-17 AMP:

16For You delight not in sacrifice, or else would I give it;

You find no pleasure in burnt offering.

17My sacrifice (i.e. the sacrifice acceptable) to God is a broken spirit;

a broken and a contrite heart (i.e. broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent), such, O God, You will not despise.

Open up to GOD too. Own up to Him and admit with your hands up that you made a boo-boo.

Then as you are making peace with Him, pray and/or ask to be stronger as you continue your walk with Him
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by denitro(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
Dairy of an Unborn Child
October 5
Today my life began. My parents do not know yet, I am as small as small as a seed of an apple, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.

October 19
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother 'Is' and I am also.

October 23
My mouth is beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be "MAMA"

October 25
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! After many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.

November 2
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those legs will raise me to my Mother's arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my Father.

November 12
My tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! I'll be able to stroke my Mom's hair with them,

November 20
It wasn't until today that the Doctor told Mom that I am alive and living right here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy Mom?

November 25
My Mom and Dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they don't even know yet that I am to be their little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.

December 10
My hair is already growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair my Mom has.

December 13
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more then anything else is to see my Mom.

December 24
I wonder if Mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart beats strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup, You'll have a healthy little daughter, Mom.

December 28
Today my MOM killed me.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by Image123(m): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2010
MyJoe
And your own recipe is what? Do good until you feel forgiven, you have averted the judgement hanging over you. What's the difference in recipe. To be right is not compulsorily to say someone else is wrong.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by AVISENNA: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
i THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MODEST ADVICE AND COUNSEL. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by InesQor(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
I advise you to read between the lines of the posts made by e36991 and MyJoe. It's well.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by MyJoe: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2010
Image123:

MyJoe
And your own recipe is what? Do good until you feel forgiven, you have averted the judgement hanging over you. What's the difference in recipe. To be right is not compulsorily to say someone else is wrong.

Here is what I wrote, in simpler terms, in case you missed the meat:
(1) Repent (heart condition)
(2) Ask forgiveness
(3) Make restitution.
The judgement hanging over bit wasn't really necessary, but I had my reasons for adding it and I stand by it.

Now the difference:
One says: God is love. Just ask forgiveness in faith, and you are home.
The other says: God is love and justice. For everything you do there is a reward, even if you are forgiven.

Now to your solution and why I personally won't recommend it:
Image123:

What is all these? Please go seek counsel from your pastor or older friends or some responsible people, not here. What is wrong with people? Yesterday was just sunday.
You see, the other day I was listening to a pastor on telly preach on why some people don't receive God's blessings. He listed two main obstacles
(1) Not paying your tithe
(2) Insulting the man of God.
Most Christian leaders, unfortunately, no longer preach holiness. They have other fish to fry. So I am dubious as to the quality of advice someone will get if she goes to them for advice.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by Image123(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
MyJoe:

The CHRISTIAN recipe for you would be to ask God for forgiveness and believe you have been forgiven because you asked in the name of Jesus. Then get "real born again" and become, maybe, a church worker. This is not so. God is love, but He is also justice. Here is my suggestion: repent and ask God for forgiveness. Then demonstrate your repentance by protecting life and caring for the disadvantaged. Since you destroyed a life, or, to put it more accurately, denied a human soul an opportunity to experience earthly life, you need to care for and nurture life. If you think of ways to do this, I am sure you will find many. Prevent abortion whenever you can. Help children and babies in need. Care for animals. Once you resolve to do this and actually start putting your resolve into practice, you will feel light as you would have averted the judgment of God currently hanging over your head.
MyJoe, your position is clear and 'accepted'. There's little difference between the bolded 'christian view' and your suggestion. My point is give your advice if you have one and leave, no point casting stones as an hobby. One cannot be 'real born again' without demonstrating repentance. Forgiveness is not in the feeling but in the trusting.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
Now to your solution
and why I personally
won't recommend it:
Quote from: Image123
on Yesterday at
06:05:49 PM
What is all these? Please
go seek counsel from
your pastor or older
friends or some
responsible people, not
here. What is wrong with
people? Yesterday was
just sunday.
You see, the other day I
was listening to a pastor
on telly preach on why
some people don't
receive God's blessings.
He listed two main
obstacles
(1) Not paying your tithe
(2) Insulting the man of
God.
Most Christian leaders,
unfortunately, no longer
preach holiness. They
have other fish to fry. So
I am dubious as to the
quality of advice
someone will get if she
goes to them for advice.
I adviced the OP to go to HER pastor, not A pastor OR to older and responsible people. She claims to seek sincere, honest and biblical advice. Sorry, it's safer to get such advice from people you know and regard as older and responsible than here on the internet. I believe you/one should trust his OWN pastor. It's your pastor for God's sake. If you can't trust your own pastor, na wa. Who then can you trust. Where is true love?
BTW, is it not true that SOME people may not receive God's blessings, at least if the insult the man of God? Oh common, get real.
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by denitro(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
There are 2 ways to receive forgiveness from sin.
The way depends on 2 facts.
There are sins that affect our relationship with our fellow men - and those kind of sins can be forgiven
by confessing to those we have wronged, (e.g in a case of a friend losing his or temper and screaming on her friend for no
just reason - she has affected her relationship with a friend and will have to seek forgiveness from her friend).
There are sins that affect our relationship with God - and those kind of sins can be forgiven by (i) confessing to God in cases of
sins that are not sins unto death - 1 John 5:16.
In cases of sins unto death (sins of a sexual nature, abortion, murder etc), you will have to confess to God and to a legal
representative of God to intercede on your behalf becos forgiveness from those kind of sins are not easy to receive.

Follow the following steps,
1. Show remorse for what you have done
2. Stop doing it
3. Confess to God and to a legal representative of God (if necessary)
4. Restitution
5. Endure to the end.

Follow the necessary steps and you will be forgiven, The good news is that abortion is not listed among sins that can
never be forgiven,
But most importantly. Talk to someone who has authority to intercede on your behalf,
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by MyJoe: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
Image123:

MyJoe, your position is clear and 'accepted'. There's little difference between the bolded 'christian view' and your suggestion. My point is give your advice if you have one and leave, no point casting stones as an hobby. One cannot be 'real born again' without demonstrating repentance.
If you say so.

But my experience is that people are led to believe they can replace work or acts of love with the prescribed rituals - stating the article of faith, attending church, praying, tithing, working for the church, and so on. Actually I just put it wrongly. People are not taught about the need for work at all. You see,  if you take food from people’s mouth and make them go hungry, for instance, you will have to demonstrate your repentance by working to put food in people’s mouth. There is no declaration of faith found in any scripture that can cancel that out. I presume you are a pastor, do you teach your flock something along that line?
I also don’t believe that working for or giving to the church and working for or giving to disadvantaged people is the same thing.

Image123:
Forgiveness is not in the feeling but in the trusting.
No where did I convey the thought that that feeling occurs in a vacuum. For a believer as she is, it is anchored on trusting that she is forgiven. For an atheistic humanist it would be anchored on the knowledge that you are doing the right thing by humanity.

Image123:

I adviced the OP to go to HER pastor, not A pastor OR to older and responsible people. She claims to seek sincere, honest and biblical advice. Sorry, it's safer to get such advice from people you know and regard as older and responsible than here on the internet.
This is a matter of opinion. I personally have nothing against people seeking advice in an anonymous forum. And that is not mutually exclusive with seeking advice from people you know. In either case you will sift the advice you get to find something useful. So how is one superior to the other?

Image123:
I believe you/one should trust his OWN pastor. It's your pastor for God's sake. If you can't trust your own pastor, na wa. Who then can you trust. Where is true love?
This position is deeply flawed. Just because you are someone’s pastor you are worthy? Your own pastor is a pastor. The bad pastors around are people’s pastors.

Image123:
BTW, is it not true that SOME people may not receive God's blessings, at least if the insult the man of God? Oh common, get real.
I do not subscribe to any notions of “man of God,” so this is just your subjective religious view which I will not try to formulate an argument against. What I do know to be wrong and can increase the distance between you and God is to go around insulting anybody at all – your teacher, your neighbour, your friends, your relatives, your driver, your pastor, your wife’s hairdresser, your cousin’s ex-brother-in-law, your fellow Nairalanders, anyone!
Re: (abortion) : Please Advice by Image123(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
^I have little wish to reply this, but let me say I AM NOT A PASTOR, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Four Die In Religious Violence - In Taraba / The Missing Years Of Jesus / Ban On Telecast Of Miracles/testimonies On Tv: Hypocrisy Of Nbc & Pfn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.