Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,610 members, 7,975,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

4 Helpful Tips To Pick A Career You’ll Actually Like - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Helpful Tips To Pick A Career You’ll Actually Like (416 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / Helpful Tips For Surviving Job Loss / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Helpful Tips To Pick A Career You’ll Actually Like by ValourDigest(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
4 HELPFUL TIPS TO PICK A CAREER YOU’LL ACTUALLY LIKE
Choosing a career path can be quite daunting if you are not sure of what exactly you are passionate about doing. Fortunately, there are some helpful tips that can guide your selection of a career you’ll end up loving. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 helpful tips to pick a career you’ll actually like.

Consider the Lifestyle, Not Just the Job Title

What many people don’t understand is that there is more to a career than just the job titles you garner over time. Take a look at the 10 most successful people in the world in terms of business, entertainment etc. They had to lead a kind of life to get there. Before picking a career, you need to consider if you are ready to live the life that comes with the job title. Can you make the necessary sacrifices? Many people want to have great job titles and success, but very few people are willing to live the life that is needed to get to that point.

Read more at;https://valourdigest.com/4-helpful-tips-pick-career-youll-actually-like/

YOUR FAMILY NEEDS MORE THAN MONEY
The story you are about reading is about a family, and it could be a representation of an average Lagosian or city resident.

Father was a hardworking man who delivered bread for a living to support his wife and three children. He spent all his evenings after work passionately attending classes, wanting to improve himself so that he could one day find a better paying job. Except for Sundays, father hardly ate a meal together with his family. He worked and studied very hard because he wanted to provide his family with the best money can buy. Whenever the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he sometimes yearned to spend more time with his family.

The day came when the examination results were announced. To his joy, father passed, and with distinction too! Soon after, he was offered a good job as a senior supervisor which paid handsomely. Like a dream come true, father could now afford to provide his family with life’s little luxuries like nice clothing, fine food and vacation abroad. However, the family still did not get to see father for most of the week. He continued to work very hard, hoping to be promoted to the position of a manager. In fact, to make himself a worthy candidate for the promotion, he enrolled for another course in another University.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/your-family-needs-more-than-money/

5 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE YOU BUY A HOME
Buying your first home is one of the most important transactions that you will ever make. You need to make sure that you can handle the mortgage payments, that you get a good mortgage, and that you are making a wise decision. You may also need to make financial changes before you are ready to buy a home. If you take the time to answer these questions, you will know that you are ready to buy. And you will also be able to make sure that you do not spend more than you can afford on the home.

Here are five questions to ask yourself before you buy your home.

HOW LONG WILL YOU BE IN THE AREA?
This question will vary and the answer may suddenly change due to circumstances in your life. Ideally, you should stay in your first home for three to five years before you move again. You need to stay that long in order to break even on the mortgage. If you know that you will be transferring to a new area or will want to move up in size in a year, it might be better to wait to buy a home then. This will allow you to save up a larger down payment and may make it easier for you to afford the home that you want.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/5-questions-ask-buy-home/

HOW TO ESCAPE THE YOKE OF SELF-CONDEMNATION
What do you do when comparison sneaks in suddenly, and you find yourself wishing you were someone else? What do you do when you’re overcome with feelings of self-deprecation?

Self-condemnation is destructive. It is forgivable when one is condemned or derided by others, but it becomes a grave issue when one condemns oneself. Self-condemnation is wide-ranging, convicting, and defeatist. It leads back to self: “Try harder and do better.” You can make lists of action points, write sticky notes to remind yourself of those action points, and vow to change yourself, but you’ll only end up right back where you started — awash in guilt and condemnation.

The first in the process of growth is self-awareness. However, as you dig out yourself, searching and mining for treasures in you, you will not but find debris and wastes that will make you puke. These blackspots are the roots of self-condemnation. Note. You index what would be the emphasis of your biographer: either your waste or your fertility. If you spend your life moaning over your wasted life, opportunities, friendship, time, and gifts, you give the world no other choice than to throw you out as garbage.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/escape-yoke-self-condemnation/

SHORT STORY: THE WEIGHT OF THE GLASS
A psychology professor walked around on a stage, while teaching stress management principles to an auditorium filled with students. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the typical “glass half empty or glass half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, the professor asked, “How heavy is this glass of water I’m holding?”

Students shouted out answers ranging from eight ounces to a couple pounds.

She replied, “From my perspective, the absolute weight of this glass doesn’t matter. It all depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute or two, it’s fairly light. If I hold it for an hour straight, its weight might make my arm ache a little. If I hold it for a day straight, my arm will likely cramp up and feel completely numb and paralyzed, forcing me to drop the glass to the floor. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it feels to me.”
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/short-story-weight-glass/

(1) (Reply)

Prolific Nairalander Creates Over 50 Statues In 3 Months! / Interested In A Career At MTNN ? If Yes, This Is For You / Update On Shell Ongoing Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.