Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric (670 Views)

"It’s Islamic" – Kwara Cleric Justifies Brutalisation Of Arabic Students / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by Aldebaran(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2018

Benin – Bishop Michael Osagie, the General Overseer of Bible Believers Ministry, says fighting over charging points in church is a sin “and against the laws of the church'’. Michael made this known in an interview on Tuesday at the Bible Believers Ministry in Oluku, Benin.

He condemned the attitude of charging phones, note pads, touch lights amongst others, while church service was going, saying it was a major distraction to the preacher.

“Sometimes when I preach on the altar, I get distracted, because I see some of my members fighting over charging points. “Am I amazed how believers of the gospel take the things of the Lord these days,’’ he said.

The cleric pleaded with the Edo government and the Benin Electricity Distribution Company to look into the poor power supply in the state with the view of improving it.

Reacting to the preacher’s insinuation, Ms Ruth Ikoko, an usher of the church said that she was guilty of the sin as her area had serious electricity problem.

She said that she came to church regularly to charge her phone and to also worship the Lord. Ruth expressed the hope that the power situation would improve in her area so that she would stop charging her phone in the church. (NAN)

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/charging-of-phones-in-church-is-a-sin-cleric/

1 Like

Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by Shelumiel: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
I do not know why these so called "men of God " have taken it upon themselves to define what is sin and what is not sin. My question to people who complain about things like this is : why are you complaining for God since He is not complaining ?
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by nwilenee(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
It is a very bad habit, even if you don't light in your country, must you charge your phone while Gospel message is going on
please some people don't use to go to church because they want to hear the Gospel, they only go there to charge their phones, and they are
always the first to get to the church even people the God will reach the arena..

1 Like

Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by Aldebaran(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
nwilenee:
It is a very bad habit, even if you don't light in your country, must you charge your phone while Gospel message is going on
please some people don't use to go to church because they want to hear the Gospel, they only go there to charge their phones, and they are
always the first to get to the church even people the God will reach the arena..

The Bolded is very funny grin
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by czarina(f): 12:54am On Sep 19, 2018
True. Our local pastor here had to stop the security officers from letting members charge phones inside the guard room.
It was so bad that during Wednesday services you find them charging phones there while the service is ongoing and still claim to be in church. When time for communion reach all of them go run go collect cry

So much disrespect!
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
czarina:
True. Our local pastor here had to stop the security officers from letting members charge phones inside the guard room.
It was so bad that during Wednesday services you find them charging phones there while the service is ongoing and still claim to be in church. When time for communion reach all of them go run go collect cry

So much disrespect!

You're a living faith member, I guess?
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by czarina(f): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2018
GudPpleG8Nation:

You're a living faith member, I guess?
yessssssssss!

1 Like

Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2018
czarina:
yessssssssss!
I am likewise. How was church service today?
Did you serve in Jos?
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by czarina(f): 1:21am On Sep 24, 2018
GudPpleG8Nation:

I am likewise. How was church service today?
Did you serve in Jos?
Was absent.
And yes, I served in Jos.
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by Ocheinstein(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2018
Watch your words and ask God for mercy. You have spoken wrongly my brother. He said fighting for charging space is a sin. Abi fighting is now redefined by you to be Godly?. The kingdom of God is neigh, give him a chance in your life.
Shelumiel:
I do not know why these so called "men of God " have taken it upon themselves to define what is sin and what is not sin. My question to people who complain about things like this is : why are you complaining for God since He is not complaining ?
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by Shelumiel: 6:51am On Sep 24, 2018
Ocheinstein:
Watch your words and ask God for mercy. You have spoken wrongly my brother. He said fighting for charging space is a sin. Abi fighting is now redefined by you to be Godly?. The kingdom of God is neigh, give him a chance in your life.
Please read the story properly before attacking me . Thank you
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
czarina:
Was absent.
And yes, I served in Jos.
Why absent, ma?
I served in Jos likewise, (Nasco group).
Reply your pm, pls.
Re: Charging Of Phones In Church Is A Sin – Cleric by czarina(f): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
GudPpleG8Nation:

Why absent, ma?
I served in Jos likewise, (Nasco group).
Reply your pm, pls.
PM Replied.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU UPDATE- Professors Earnings Is More Than My Salary, All Secrete- GOV Fayemi / ASUU OAU Chapter Writes Open Letter Concerning The Upcoming Exam / 35 Facts About The Chancellor Of Kings University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.