Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Want To Sue Firstbank To Court. Please Your Advice is Needed. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Sue Firstbank To Court. Please Your Advice is Needed. (351 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Charge An Airline To Court…? Please I Need Help / A Loan App Is Threatening To Sue Me To Court And Send My Pictures To TV Stations / Firstbank Mobile Banking Registration: Step-by-step Guide. (firstmobile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sue Firstbank To Court. Please Your Advice is Needed. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
someone called a friend of mine yesterday. he told him (my friend) that he is a staff with Firstbank headquarters in Lagos. he then told him some detail informations about his account which were very true. this made my friend to agree that it's a Firstbank staff. he informed him as well that the date of birth in the bvn is not the same with the date of birth used in opening the account (this was perfectly true because my friend knew the problem in his account). he then told my friend that they (Firstbank) are about to resolve the issue for him so he should call out the numbers on the ATM card to him which my friend ignorantly did... my friend called out this number together with the expiry date and the other three numbers on the ATM. I know it was out of trust already established by the true informations given by the guy who claimed he is a staff. after a while, my friend got a debit alert from first bank, all the money in my friends account was wiped off.
right now we are ready and about to visit the court to sue Firstbank because we feel a Firstbank staff must have been involved in the fraud, if not, how did he get the detailed information he gave my friend?

please I need your views on this especially on the step we are about to take.

thanks so much.
Re: I Want To Sue Firstbank To Court. Please Your Advice is Needed. by SUPERPACK: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
you cant win such case, all banks have warned their customers never to give anybody their atm card and pin, be it a bank staff or not.
Re: I Want To Sue Firstbank To Court. Please Your Advice is Needed. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
but don't you think it's a crime to give fraudsters details of customers account?
I think there are laws from CBN which applies to all banks in such cases.

(1) (Reply)

Endsars. / Union Bank Staffer Steals N8.7m From Customer’s Account / PENCOM Boss, Aisha Dahir-umar Accused Of Fraud, Abuse Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.