Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,202 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Need Professional Advice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Need Professional Advice (505 Views)

Do You Need Professional Upholstery Disign For Your Boat? / Urgent Professional Advice: Torn Btw These Masters Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Professional Advice by delimit(m): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
My landlord gave me 6 months quit notice through his lawyer because i refused to pay his new rent, after 2weeks  the caretaker of the house text me that am to pay for the period of quit notice but at the old rate.after consulting 3 lawyers, two of them told me that i don't need to pay a penny for that period while the 3rd one said i need to pay.so i want you (NL) to give me professional advice if it is right for me to pay or not.because the caretaker is tell people around that he will take me to court and even going to the extend of reporting in my place of work
Re: I Need Professional Advice by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
from what i understand, a quit notice is served to a tenant, he doesn't have to pay within the stipulated time. did the landlord tell you himself that you should pay the rent? you should call him personally and try to sort things out. could be that the care-taker is trying to make a quick buck.

(1) (Reply)

O.o.u. Post Utme 2010 Runs Is Available / Recruitment: Telecommunication Engineering Company / Christian Inspirational Wristband For Sale At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.