Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,045 members, 7,970,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:47 AM

Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? (655 Views)

Twitter Ban: Sheikh Gumi To Buhari 'Be Mature, Accept Criticisms' / Buhari: Be Patient With Any Law You Have Misgiving About / Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by Delivar(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2018
Forget corruption and bad leaders, in my opinion I believe the biggest source of Nigeria's problem is simply lack of education and enlightenment among the masses. I would roughly say 90% of Nigerians are not educated. The education I am referring to here is not just having about school degrees but also having a modern mindset of life that can generate a modern society. About 80% of Nigerians having school degrees are still not educated cos they lack this modern mindset of life. If 90% of Nigerians in the north, south, east and west were all truly educated it means 90% of those seeking political positions will be potential good leaders and they will definitely be voted in by 90% of the educated masses. When we have truly educated people occupying every public office from top to bottom that's when we will start having good governance and there will be no such thing as corruption. If 90% of Nigerians were educated someone like Buhari can NEVER be elected. There would be no such things as tribalism, IPOB or Boko Haram. I think it's high time we start making serious efforts to educate the masses cos that's the only thing I feel will have a permanent impact in modernizing the country. There has to be a revolution of educating the masses by modernizing their mindset. We need to invent means to ensure the masses are getting their mindset modernized. Every other thing we are doing at the moment like screaming PVC, APC and PDP wouldn't yield any significant results that would see us progressing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by jeslofem: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2018
good question if you ask me.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by SternProphet: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2018
What modern mindset 4ubbish. We had gangsters, militants, treasury looters, cultists and godfathers in PDP. They were looting Nigeria dry. We changed it. There is no modern mindset in the principles of leadership. A leader is a leader. You have principles, vision, know where you are going and people will follow you.
There is no modernity in looting your country to keep the money in the country that formerly colonalised you.

Modern life is freedom to develop your potentials, progressivism, social conscience, paying your taxes and seeing the results.
However, if 70% of your country is poor, you dont cowardly pretend that the poverty was not there and share money to idle rich who buy private jets dont put the money in productive ventures and dont pay taxes. That is cluelessness.

This was where we missed it. Hopefully, Buhari/Osinbajo will rectify things with investment in infrastructure and SIP.

One major issue is that Nigerians don't know what they don't know. Anybody who has worked and lived abroad won't have posted this title thread. It is IGNORANT.

The US has the most ignorant citizens about the global world around them. Iran is ruled by Mullahs (Sharia people) but is 98% literate and very highly educated.
Saudi Arabia is very rich but it's citizens don't work.

UAE (including Dubai) is not a democracy, they are ruled by a King and essentially an Islamic country. However they are actually more modern in amenities than most Europen countries. All the talent that it is being building and developing UAE is from the British in almost every sector.

So you are mixing up a lot of rubbish together. Nigeria is the most sophisticated country in Africa politically, even more than S. Africa. So we are not mostly uneducated.

In democracy, people vote character, religion, ideology and nationalism rather than empty PROMISES or pretence about CV. You can talk from now to next year if you don't show me your love for Nigeria, what you have done for it in the past , how you have fought against all odds to institute and sustain progress in your field I won't vote you.
It is not a 9 to 5 job. It is people's destiny.

Your CV is meaningless. Your love of country, strength, endurance and will are the issues because ...they will "try" you.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by ican2020: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2018
Hell No...
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by MarketingAce(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2018
Yes ooo. Nah educated illiterates fill Nigeria.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by Delivar(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
SternProphet:
What modern mindset 4ubbish. We had gangsters, militants, treasury looters, cultists and godfathers in PDP. They were looting Nigeria dry. We changed it.
You changed what? really? Is it the same gangsters, militants, treasury looters, cultists and godfathers in PDP that are now in APC? And what makes you think there is no looting actually going on as we speak?

There is no modern mindset in the principles of leadership. A leader is a leader. You have principles, vision, know where you are going and people will follow you. There is no modernity in looting your country to keep the money in the country that formerly colonalised you.

So you mean the mindset, beliefs or orientation of a person doesn't matter to be a leader? And who says looting is modernity?

Modern life is freedom to develop your potentials, progressivism, social conscience, paying your taxes and seeing the results.
However, if 70% of your country is poor, you dont cowardly pretend that the poverty was not there and share money to idle rich who buy private jets dont put the money in productive ventures and dont pay taxes. That is cluelessness.
All you wrote up there is simply corroborating what this thread is all about. Nigerians need to be educated and when the education is there our problems will go away.

This was where we missed it. Hopefully, Buhari/Osinbajo will rectify things with investment in infrastructure and SIP.
They were elected almost 4 years ago and you still say "Hopefully", "will rectify"?

The US has the most ignorant citizens about the global world around them. Iran is ruled by Mullahs (Sharia people) but is 98% literate and very highly educated. Saudi Arabia is very rich but it's citizens don't work.
Being ignorant and not abreast of happenings around the world is different from having a modern mindset and understanding of life. Someone can be less informed but able to make good judgments about life. It is this ability to make good judgments about life that is key and majority of Nigerians lack it. It isn't about literacy so forget about Iran. You simply don't understand what the this thread is about.

3 Likes

Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by SternProphet: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Delivar:

You changed what? really? Is it the same gangsters, militants, treasury looters, cultists and godfathers in PDP that are now in APC? And what makes you think there is no looting actually going on as we speak?

So you mean the mindset, beliefs or orientation of a person doesn't matter to be a leader? And who says looting is modernity?

All you wrote up there is simply corroborating what this thread is all about. Nigerians need to be educated and when the education is there our problems will go away.

They were elected almost 4 years ago and you still say "Hopefully", "will rectify"?

Being ignorant and not abreast of happenings around the world is different from having a modern mindset and understanding of life. Someone can be less informed but able to make good judgments about life. It is this ability to make good judgments about life that is key and majority of Nigerians lack it. It isn't about literacy so forget about Iran. You simply don't understand what the this thread is about.

The thread is about fakery. Brains are to be used vigorously and without deceiving oneself. I have worked in two blue chip companies on three continents.
Take it from me, Nigeria is the fakest country in the world.

Some guys actually think that now because Buhari is in power, 74 years old and former career military they can bring up OMMISSIONS from the PDP and wrap it on him to make some point that we need a FAKE like themselves.

You say most Nigerians are uneducated, that's why Buhari is President so let's do the math.
PDP was in power from 1999 to 2015. That's 16 years they had manufacturing this uneducated youth population at a time when oil prices was >$100 barrels.

The average age of those who will vote is 25. This age is the impacted demographic age of PDP in governance, yet the indices are so poor in terms of education. By the way, while we were manufacturing this uneducated population and deepening the poverty of the Abacha generation, the man who was President had a PhD. Key ministers under that govt had worked for global corporations, world bank, donor agencies et.c.
We practically imported the best of Nigeria's diaspora into Nigeria thro OBJ and they FAILED miserably.

There is nothing modern about human mindsets. It is the processes they use and tools they apply running those processes that are sometimes modern.
If you go to Europe now, fear, ethnic domination, racism et.c are rising. Rising because they were never gone. They were always there only economic conditions drove them into collective sub conscious but now immigration and terrorism are bringing them forwards.

Sorry some of us are easily irritated by sham. I am watching all presidential candidates. You need to show me your genuine love for country, your passion, courage and drive before I give you my vote not your suit, tie and fancy CV.

You will be effective and fail without the basic human qualities of leadership whivh won't change.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by NASTYNASOSO: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Delivar:
Forget corruption and bad leaders, in my opinion I believe the biggest source of Nigeria's problem is simply lack of education and enlightenment among the masses. I would roughly say 90% of Nigerians are not educated. The education I am referring to here is not just having about school degrees but also having a modern mindset of life that can generate a modern society. About 80% of Nigerians having school degrees are still not educated cos they lack this modern mindset of life. If 90% of Nigerians in the north, south, east and west were all truly educated it means 90% of those seeking political positions will be potential good leaders and they will definitely be voted in by 90% of the educated masses. When we have truly educated people occupying every public office from top to bottom that's when we will start having good governance and there will be no such thing as corruption. If 90% of Nigerians were educated someone like Buhari can NEVER be elected and there would be no such things as tribalism, IPOB or Boko Haram. I think it's high time we start making serious efforts to educate the masses cos that's the only thing I feel will have a permanent impact in modernizing the country. There has to be a revolution of educating the masses by modernizing their mindset. We need to invent means to ensure the masses are getting their mindset modernized. Every other thing we are doing at the moment like screaming PVC, APC and PDP wouldn't yield any significant results that would see us progressing.

HMMMMMMMMMMM

THIS IS JUST A STUPID LAY BACK POST FROM ONE, I CAN READ AND WRITE ILLITERATE.
MR MAN WHAT HAS GOVERNANCE GOT TO DO WITH EDUCATION.
KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF.SOON YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY A PROF OF POLITICAL SCIENCE IS NOT THE PRESIDO.
LEADERS ARE BORN.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by zlantanfan: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
If you are truly sincere with this statement i would say no because at that point election would be about values, even pdp won't get the chance to be claiming comeback with the persons it currently parades who have zero values.

Since you are actually pdp and only want Bulgari to go just for pdp to continue it's stupidity, i would prefer pmb to stay so that the chances of the prof taking over becomes huge.

Come to think of it if you actually are pro educationist ruling you would agree osinbajo classes out anyone the pdp has

1 Like

Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by musamukhtar71: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
Forget corruption and bad leaders, in my opinion I believe the biggest source of Nigeria's problem is simply lack of education and enlightenment among the masses. I would roughly say 90% of Nigerians are not educated. The education I am referring to here is not just having about school degrees but also having a modern mindset of life that can generate a modern society. About 80% of Nigerians having school degrees are still not educated cos they lack this modern mindset of life. If 90% of Nigerians in the north, south, east and west were all truly educated it means 90% of those seeking political positions will be potential good leaders and they will definitely be voted in by 90% of the educated masses. When we have truly educated people occupying every public office from top to bottom that's when we will start having good governance and there will be no such thing as corruption. If 90% of Nigerians were educated someone like Buhari can NEVER be elected and there would be no such things as tribalism, IPOB or Boko Haram. I think it's high time we start making serious efforts to educate the masses cos that's the only thing I feel will have a permanent impact in modernizing the country. There has to be a revolution of educating the masses by modernizing their mindset. We need to invent means to ensure the masses are getting their mindset modernized. Every other thing we are doing at the moment like screaming PVC, APC and PDP wouldn't yield any significant results that would see us progressing.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by chairman00100: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
too much grammar and semantics, all of you up there please give us are confused your definition of education and your definition of the educated person, most of us laymen who haven't worked in many continent and didn't even have a university education knows that Nigeria has been ruled by doctors and lawyers and other "educated" people and nothing good happened and now being ruled by one who doesn't have a primary six certificate nor a waec one and we are almost the same place, let's face it people, some thing's are not made or meant to last and Nigeria is one of them, you can hope all you can and hate all you want, but the truth that your hatred of ay section of this place will never change the fact that it is impossible for Nigeria to work, check the composition of Nigeria again and keep believing.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by Pavarottii(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
SternProphet:
What modern mindset 4ubbish. We had gangsters, militants, treasury looters, cultists and godfathers in PDP. They were looting Nigeria dry. We changed it. There is no modern mindset in the principles of leadership. A leader is a leader. You have principles, vision, know where you are going and people will follow you.
There is no modernity in looting your country to keep the money in the country that formerly colonalised you.

One major issue is that Nigerians don't know what they don't know. Anybody who has worked and lived abroad won't have posted this title thread. It is IGNORANT.

The US has the most ignorant citizens about the global world around them. Iran is ruled by Mullahs (Sharia people) but is 98% literate and very highly educated.
Saudi Arabia is very rich but it's citizens don't work.

UAE (including Dubai) is not a democracy, they are ruled by a King and essentially an Islamic country. However they are actually more modern in amenities than most Europen countries. All the talent that it is being building and developing UAE is from the British in almost every sector.

So you are mixing up a lot of rubbish together. Nigeria is the most sophisticated country in Africa politically, even more than S. Africa. So we are not mostly uneducated.

In democracy, people vote character, religion, ideology and nationalism rather than empty PROMISES or pretence about CV. You can talk from now to next year if you don't show me your love for Nigeria, what you have done for it in the past , how you have fought against all odds to institute and sustain progress in your field I won't vote you.
It is not a 9 to 5 job. It is people's destiny.

Your CV is meaningless. Your love of country, strength, endurance and will are the issues because ...they will "try" you.
Stop defending d indefensible.... Buhari that can stand a conversation of normal university graduate. U r talking about all the Way to the presidency. U must be an almajiri that voted him into power. Or don't u know is the illiterate north that voted for him that took us to recession.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by Pavarottii(m): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
chairman00100:
too much grammar and semantics, all of you up there please give us are confused your definition of education and your definition of the educated person, most of us laymen who haven't worked in many continent and didn't even have a university education knows that Nigeria has been ruled by doctors and lawyers and other "educated" people and nothing good happened and now being ruled by one who doesn't have a primary six certificate nor a waec one and we are almost the same place, let's face it people, some thing's are not made or meant to last and Nigeria is one of them, you can hope all you can and hate all you want, but the truth that your hatred of ay section of this place will never change the fact that it is impossible for Nigeria to work, check the composition of Nigeria again and keep believing.
Don't lie to Urself , wen a doctor ruled was totally different from wen an almajiri ruled. Can't u see the economy difference.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by SternProphet: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Pavarottii:

Don't lie to Urself , wen a doctor ruled was totally different from wen an almajiri ruled. Can't u see the economy difference.

For those importing used clothes and lying about their petrol imports figures maybe the economy was better. The PDP was the dictatorship of 20% urban/mega city middle class dwellers with their two cars, Dubai trips and corruption driven fake life over the 80% true Nigerians in semi urban and rural areas. The mega cities of Lagos and Abuja and other cities like PHC have a large proportion of semi urbanites as well. This is why APC will keep winning and to be honest Buhari cannot finish the work of TRUE, SUSTAINABLE and UNFAKED development, someone else has to finish it.

Meanwhile shallow urban middle middle class can keep hoping that things will change back to the robbery of the past I stead of joining the FG in bringing true deep development and growth.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by fallout87: 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
Buhari would have never made it into the army talk much be a president if Nigerians weren't uneducated and ignorant.

Just imagine, people voted for a ex-dictator who has never been democratic and knows nothing about progression or growing the economy.

They did that because they were dumb enough to believe the man is the only one in Nigeria who isn't corrupt.... yet this same man had billions disappear like a magic trick when he ran PTF.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by Delivar(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMMMMMM

THIS IS JUST A STUPID LAY BACK POST FROM ONE, I CAN READ AND WRITE ILLITERATE.
MR MAN WHAT HAS GOVERNANCE GOT TO DO WITH EDUCATION.
KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF.SOON YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY A PROF OF POLITICAL SCIENCE IS NOT THE PRESIDO.
LEADERS ARE BORN.
If you are asking that ridiculous question you can as well vote for a street agbero as president since education has nothing to do with governance. I hate it when dull people quote me with dumb comments.
Re: Would Buhari Be President If 90% Of Nigerians Were Educated And Enlightened? by NASTYNASOSO: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
Delivar:

If you are asking that ridiculous question you can as well vote for a street agbero as president since education has nothing to do with governance. I hate it when dull people quote me with dumb comments.

HMMMMMM

I STILL INSIST YOU ARE EITHER SEMI LITRATE OR SIMPLY A PRODUCT OF A FAILED SYSTEM,
IF AN AGBERO WOULD APPLY THE PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT PRUDENTLY WITH A VISION
WHY NOT?
AGBEROS RUN A SYSTEM BASED ON MANAGEMENT. NOT MINDING THEIR METHODS
PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT GONE TO SCHOOL ARE STILL PICKED TO LECTURE HARVARD MANAGEMENT STUDENTS.
SOME OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AROUND DID NOT GO TO SCHOOL.
WHO YOUR EDUCATION EPP SELF
PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND REPEAT YOUR EDUCATION. MAYBE THEY WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A PRESIDENT.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Slammed Apc Convention Presidential Primary Election Results. / Breaking: Court Order EFCC To Arrest, Investigate Oshiomole / See The List Of 33 People From Kastina Buhari Employed In FG Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.