Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,244 members, 7,943,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

How To Deal With Friends That Don’t Want To Pay For Your Services - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Deal With Friends That Don’t Want To Pay For Your Services (581 Views)

9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / 4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Friends That Don’t Want To Pay For Your Services by strictlybizng: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
Yesternight, one of the participants in my online business mentoring course asked the following question responding to an assignment given earlier;

“On monetization of solutions, this has always been very hard to do. I tried this with someone just last week and this affected our relationship. The person in question picked up a quarrel against me. How do I manage relationship with such people?”

You will agree with me that this is very common in this part of the world.

Because it is you and you are their friend, boy, sister, school mate, people just want you to serve them for free. Hahaha…you won’t make it as an entrepreneur this way o.

You can give discounts if you want but your business won’t be sustainable if you offer everyone you know pro bono services.

For those ones that put up a fight and quarrel against you because you ask for money for the service you are rendering them, just know it’s a mere mind game they are playing on you. They gladly pay for such services, if not even more, elsewhere.

Be wise!

Any one that has a relationship with you who is not ready to pay for your service because you are his/her friend is not your own friend. At least, he does not want your progress. True friends support their friends.

If you find yourself in this situation, in most cases, the challenge lies with you and not with the people. How?

Because you have failed to put an official structure around that solution, service or product you are offering. That structure is what some people call packaging. You need to package yourself and how you render your services, products or solutions.

Use any of the following strategies applicable to you to help yourself when people you have a relationship with want...read more on https://strictlybusiness.ng/how-to-deal-with-friends-that-dont-want-to-pay-for-your-services/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Accounting Assistants / MLS Students At UNN Please Come In, I Need Your Help. / My Over Zealous Subordinate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.