Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,278 members, 7,881,044 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nigerian Wins The Prestigious “hugo Award” - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Wins The Prestigious “hugo Award” (309 Views)

How She Became The First Nigerian To Win "Hugo Award". / Soyinka Wins The Europe Theatre Prize / Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Wins The Prestigious “hugo Award” by ariesbull: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
The Hugo Awards are given annually to highlight the best science fiction works.

Three Africans were nominated for 2018 Noble Price award, and two of our beautiful daughters were among, same Nnedi Okorafor and Chimamanda Adichie were chosen.

There is something I love about Nnedi Okorafor, she is not a noise making type, her hard work keep speaking for her. Having Igbo and pure African names is another part of her that keeps melting my heart…Having traditional African names doesn’t take away her intellectual capacity and also she has shown that Africans are confident.

In fact, I love her so much; we I love you so much. You will always be my role model. I will make sure I tell my kids about you! We need people like you as a role model for our young ones !

Nnedi Okorafor is a role model

https://etimes.com.ng/nnedi-okorafor-becothe-first-nigerian-to-win-hugo-award/

Re: Nigerian Wins The Prestigious “hugo Award” by Nightmareo07: 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
tongue

(1) (Reply)

A Preview Of "My 5 Ebooks Of 2018" / Jide / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.