Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) (3069 Views)

Forces Of Darkness (A Short Story) / Harbinger Of Darkness (A Mythology Fiction) Continuation / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2018
The gods of Greek mythology have had a vision, one which haunts them beyond measure.
While they search for answers to their unknown fate, on the mortal world a girl tries to live a normal life.
However; fate is not so kind, and the worlds of gods and human may soon collide as darkness descends upon them both.

-----------------------------------

This is a story you shouldnt miss.
Will start tomorrow, epilogue comes up next.
Please this is my first time of writing story on here, i want you to encourage me.

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.NO PART OF THIS BOOK SHOULD BE COPIED OR SHARED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S PERMISSION.
CRITICS AND CORRECTION WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.NO HARSH WORDS OR INSULTS. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

EPILOGUE

The Big Three sat in their throne room on Olympus, all questioning a mysterious force they felt moments ago. Rivers of uncertainty shot down their spines when they experienced the rush of fear.
Zeus was the first to speak.

"We all felt it; a disturbance in the balance of nature"

"Yes; I felt it down in the Underworld", spoke the god of death Hades. "The dead were stirred in their eternal sleep"

"The creatures of the deep could feel ripples in the water though the oceans were as calm as glass" spoke the sea god Poseidon.

The three gods pondered at the source of this occurrence. Then Zeus had an idea. It was only an act that the gods took if they were inu desperate need for an answer to questions they could not find.
"We should consult the waters of the Ancients. They have gifted us with enlightenment before; they may be able to do it again"
Hades and Poseidon both pondered at this idea.

The waters were crafted by The Ancients, great beings who came before the gods. They were the ones who saw all. Saw the future and past collide in a fury of events that became known as the present. They were wise and powerful. If anyone had the answer, it was them.
The three gods took a long journey down to the deepest corridor of Olympus. They had placed several traps in order of their power, only they as the strongest of the Olympians could pass through them. Zeus absorbed lighting so powerful that one blast could send an entire civilization into ruin. Poseidon calmed waters of such fury that anything caught in the current would drown within seconds. Hades banished spirits which would cause endless pain and suffering beyond death to anyone, even a god, who came in contact with them.
With their barriers disabled, the gods reached their destination. A basin of water held by an ancient statue that no one ever dared to even scratch. Its beauty was unlike anything anyone had ever seen. An ancient being whom no-one knew the identity of.
As the gods reached the basin they looked at each other in unison. Together they dipped their heads beneath the surface. Spirits lifted from bodies as the gods were shown their own fate.

Zeus saw a sky of beauty, lighted by the brightest sun shining brilliantly.
As he stared he caught a glimpse of a shadow passing over the sky. It became dark; night had fallen in the early afternoon of a perfect day. A faint laugh of demise passed over the land. A laugh that haunted Zeus beyond measure.

Poseidon saw the seas of the world become mist as a powerful blue flame erupted upon the surface, no wave that was summoned nor storm that was generated could extinguish the burning sea. The creatures of the deep fell as the god of the sea watched in horror, unable to save them.

Hades saw a figure in the Underworld. A figure with skin fainter then bone, wielding a sword of light. Hades summoned creatures of death to banish this intruder from his land. One swing of the sword obliterated all opposing forces. The unknown person drew back its blade as it disappeared. Not a moment later, Hades felt something pierce his body. The intruder had rushed towards him faster than anything Hades could see and struck it's blade within his chest. The light of the blade burning his body like nothing he'd ever felt before. Hades felt his own existence fading away into the darkness of the Underworld, as the intruder glanced at him with an evil smile.

Hades' spirit reconnected with his body as he screamed in pain. Unable to breath, he threw his body back emerging from the waters of the basin. Breathing heavily with fear, Hades glanced at his brothers. Both of which were breathing as equally heavy, their faces stunned with horror.

They had all seen something within the waters, something dark, and something evil. The gods sat on the floor, the answer they were seeking only replaced by new questions. How was this going to happen? When was it to occur? Who was the one responsible? Was this their true fate?

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by harlems02: 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
A very nice one. Bring it on cos i'm losing patience.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
harlems02:
A very nice one. Bring it on cos i'm losing patience.

Thanks for your feedback, good to know someone's got my back, I appreciate.
update drops tomorrow morning, I am still proofreading, its kinda long.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2018
Please read, review, criticise and comment. Thank you very much for your time
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2018
TheBlessedMAN, SilverSpoonEnt , Divepen1 ,
Bibi294 , Coolval222 , flow1759 , LarrySun, Therock5555,
FoxyFlow , Centino , Youngzubi, ozila, Apollux , WHIZKIDEFE
The afore mentioned are writers whom I have followed some of their works even before I created my handle on NL, Please come out and support one of your own thank you grin

------------------------------
Happy Sunday and have a blessed day ahead grin
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2018
Chapter 1
--------------------------------------------------
The sky changed, not like you'd expect, you know where the sun gradually set below the Earth leaving behind a bright star filled sky. No, this was a fearful change. There was fear across multiple worlds. Both gods and mortals could feel it; a chill like nothing they've ever experienced.

They knew something was coming, what it was however was a mystery.
It was a bright morning in the town of Mountainegra. The sun was red as it rose up into the blue sky. No one knew just why the morning brought such brilliant colors. They just admired it every day.

Everyone in both the worlds above and below could feel new and free as each new day began. It was a world of pleasure and peace for everyone. Everyone that is, except Yuko who was currently running for her life.
Where she was running too she did not know. What she was running from she did not know either. All she knew was that something was chasing her and she had to run through the darkness around her.

Turning around she saw darkness, before her she saw darkness, darkness surrounded her on all sides. She then heard something; something growl behind her. Turning around she saw something white jump from the shadows, then she felt pain, sharp pain around her neck and on her chest. She screamed weakly, trying to call for help. Whatever was grabbing her neck suddenly released it, taking the opening Yuko screamed again.

"Aaaahhh!" She cried as she jumped out from beneath her bed sheets.

The dream was like nothing she'd ever felt before. She'd had nightmares in the past as all humans did, but this was different. It felt different. Usually nightmares were something you could just wake up to and they would be over, the mental pain would subside. This time however felt physical. It had felt as if her body had been torn apart, her arms were sore and her legs stiff. She sat there for a moment resting and letting the pain fade. Yuko assumed she had just slept in an odd position. It was a new bed after all.

First night in her family's new home, in their new town. Yuko and her family had moved to this new town near the Rocky Mountains within the western side of Canada. Coming here from Japan was an experience for the young girl. Her father worked for a company in Japan that made motor vehicle designs for other countries. Due to a lack in being unable to keep up with the rest of the world in technology advances, the company began suffering communication issues. Orders would take between several weeks to a month to reach the Canadian borders. As such the company decided to relocate several of their highest representatives to Canada so they could receive plans ahead of time before production even began and communicate with Canadian automotive companies about the plans so orders could be shipped on schedule.

Yuko's father was one of the chief designers of the automotive and he knew that finding more work to support his family would have been extremely difficult, so he and his family unfortunately had to move across the Pacific Ocean to the new world in order to help sustain their lives. No one in the family was particularly pleased with this act, but to keep their family healthy and together, they had no other choice.

Coming to Canada was scary at first, as was all new journeys. For this family it would be a journey to new adventure and a grand future.
There was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Yuko, are you alright?" It was her mother.

"Yes, I'm fine, just had an odd dream that's all."

"Again, this is the third one this month, are you sure you're alright?"

"Its fine mom, I'm just a little shaken from the long flight yesterday."

"Alright well breakfast is ready for you when you come downstairs."

"Thanks, I'll be down in a minute."

Moving from under her covers Yuko stretched her legs as she sat up on her bed. The morning sun shone through her window, the rays being stopped by her blinds, but shining through the opening between them. Her room was a bit of a mess, but they had just moved in so some organization would be required. Her desk, which was still dusty from the moving van, held almost all her things on its surface. Music cds, photos, books, her laptop, and her camera. Getting up Yuko walked over to her desk and moved through the objects.
Her cds were from her favorite music artists; the rock and rolling Green Day, the smooth; calm Johnathan Morali, and the country king; in her opinion; Keith Urban.
She never could explain her reasons for enjoying music from the English language rather than her native Japanese tongue. But to those few people who questioned her about it, she would simply reply
"well I enjoy it, it makes me calm and lets me relax after a stressful day."

Somehow that always satisfied the curiosity of those who bothered to ask her about the kind of music she enjoyed, so she stuck with it. She did however have albums from the Japanese star Lisa, as well as some burned cds from the vocaloid pop star Hatsune Miku, those two artists always managed to make her smile.
The photos were of her and her friends underneath all sorts of things, from cherry blossom tree to the Nijo Castle. She already missed her friends, but she knew she would make new ones here in Canada so she stayed herself and smiled with hope.

Her books were of Japanese literature, some famous artists overseas that Yuko always enjoyed reading. Her laptop didn't have anything special on it, just some old files that weren't any use anymore. "Should probably get rid of that old stuff" Yuko told herself. Her camera was new, nothing fancy or hi-tech. Just a plain old instant film based camera she used to take photos of whatever she saw that made her smile, or was just a moment she wanted to capture forever, usually that meant one of her friends sitting on a park bench with the sunset in the background, a perfect shot every time. Her backpack lay on the floor beside her desk, it didn't have anything in it except some pencils and paper for drawing or writing her thoughts down.

Getting up Yuko walked out of her room and headed for the bathroom. A morning shower always felt good, and thank god this house had running water where you could adjust the temperature. Cold water just never felt good on skin, it makes people cold and miserable, warm water was always what Yuko preferred. Shutting the door behind her Yuko looked at herself in the mirror.
A simple girl from Japan with jet black hair looked back at her with a face that looked like a zombie. A face that made her smile as it was a look that most people woke up to in the morning. Turning on the water and shedding her clothes she stepped into the shower, the warm water instantly taking its effects on her body.

Loosening up her tense muscles and aching head, that dream still haunted her even though it was over, it just felt like something more. She decided not to worry about it too much and just try to enjoy the day. Washing up her body and shutting off the water, Yuko stepped out of the shower and looked back at herself in the mirror once again. A face that was joyful and full of peace looked back at her, it smiled at her. This is how I want to be, always ;she thought.

Yuko left the bathroom and walked to her bedroom to get changed. She never wore anything flashy or stylish; she was always simple with her clothes. She opened her closet and wondered, staring at her hangers. She decided to go with a simple look, red shirt with a grey hoodie and dark blue jeans. Something simple that reflected her innocence in the world, and it wouldn't make her stand out as a new student in her new school. Going down to breakfast; Yuko could smell the sweetness that was in the kitchen.

"Morning mom", she said as she sat down.

"Morning sweetie, I make waffles for breakfast, thought it would be simple and easy for the first day in our new home, and it might be nice to try some of the food from this country."

"You're the best" Yuko replied as her mother brought over a plate with three golden wheels of wheat. The store they visited the previous day to get some provisions didn't have much food from Japan; so they had to take some food from the culture of their new country. Which the family was fine with as it was what they had available to them and were also tired from the long trip.

"What's that?" Yuko asked noticing a plastic bottle on the table as she finished cutting up the waffles with her knife, which didn't feel right to her.

"Maple syrup, I heard from the locals that it's the best in the world over here as this is where they produce it from the maple trees in this area, go ahead and try it." Her mother said.

Pouring some over in the corner of the plate, Yuko picked up her fork, which again felt odd because she always ate with chopsticks, but with a fork and knife she could get a better hold of the food. Stabbing one of the pieces of gold, she dipping it into the sugar turning the gold into an odd muddy colour; it wasn't pleasant.

Taking the first bite however, Yuko's face suddenly became bright. The syrup was sweeter than she'd ever expected and the taste just exploded in her mouth. "Woah, Yuko what are you doing?" Her mother asked as she almost drowned her waffles in the sweetness from the bottle. Finishing up Yuko kissed her mother once, grabbed her bento off the table, and heading out to catch the bus. Thankfully the school had mailed a map of all the bus routes around the town so she knew where to wait. The school bus came on time and as Yuko hopped on she thought to herself; "alright, time for an awesome day."
While all this was occurring in the land of humans; above the clouds, where light always shone, in a kingdom of pillars and statues known to the humans as Olympus;

Zeus the king of the gods stretched his arms as he prepared for his morning battle practice. Over two thousand years had passed since he and his brothers witnessed the images within the ancient waters. Though many of the gods in Olympus began to forget about what they were told when the three returned from the chamber, Zeus was not easily accepting of the low possibility of this force rising up against him and the other gods of his domain; for no matter how close to zero the possibility may be it still exists.

Zeus knew this and was going to be ready for anything. Ares, the god of war, was always ready for a fight, he was always prepared for battle and his chains of binding were always strong. He had agreed to help Zeus in his combat training and tactics, then in case something did rise; he would be ready. For over two millennia Ares had set up traps and battled against his boss almost every day. Each challenge becoming more and more difficult. Zeus had to summon lightning storms and cast lightning from his fingers at once in order to stop the forces that approached him, a task that took every ounce of his strength, but soon became no more strength than required to lift a finger.

Today, Ares had taken the day to rest, so Zeus had set up targets which would appear at random and which he would have to strike down within seconds to succeed. Calling lightning to his hands, he prepared for the first target. It rose several meters to his left, with a back throw the lightning traveled over the clouds and struck the target dead center. Three targets followed these were armed with bow and arrows, Zeus shot several bolts towards them, simply strafing to the side was enough for the targets to avoid them. "Blast! Ares sure didn't make this simple," Zeus chuckled at that last part for he knew the god of war never made things easy. As the targets reappeared, Zeus tried a different tactic, summoning a storm above the targets he dispatched one of them with ease, the second and third fired their bows straight at the god's head, Zeus held up his shield to deflect the arrows and retaliated with a stream of lightning within the clouds below the targets, vaporising them from below.

"Well fired, god of all heavens," a voice spoke.

Alarmed, Zeus turned around to face the source of the voice, a bolt of lightning clutched in his fist. A raven stood on a statue, one that was black and blue with eyes that glimmered like stars deep within the galaxy. Zeus's face suddenly changed to a face of simplicity.

"Huginn, one of the two ravens who serve as the eyes and ears of the Norse king, Odin" Zeus said with a small smile.

"It's been a while great one" replied the bird "Your biceps look as strong as ever."

"Ares knows how to strengthen even the weakest of warriors, he can turn a man of skin and bone into a warrior whom entire armies would fear."

"He cannot, however strengthen a feathered creature such as I" sighed the raven, cleaning his wings.

"True, so what brings you to my domain?" the sky god asked taking a seat on the clouds.

"A gathering of gods in to be held soon, Lord Odin requests your presence and that of your brothers on a matter you once faced long ago." The raven answered with a glow in his eyes.

"What matter is it they wish to discuss?"

"I know not, I'm just told by Lord Odin that I must ask that you and your brother's attend; nothing more was to be spoken on this day about this event."

"Very well, I will consult my brothers on this matter and see that we are all there."

"When you are ready, simply use this," the raven picked at his right wing until he turned towards the god, a small crystal in its beak, it shinned like the waters of the sea. "This gem will instantly teleport you to Asgard, the meeting will begin in three full sun rotations." With that the raven dropped the blue stone into the outstretched hand of the thunder king and with one squawk from his beak, disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
Below the waves of the Pacific Ocean the sea god, Poseidon, sat on his throne atop a mountain of coral.
Seaweed danced in the water's current as sea creatures swam across the ocean floor. Several dolphins swam passed the sea god, mermaids swam alongside them; they waved to their king who waved back with a calm smile.

A barracuda chased some clownfish around the bay; the clownfish easily eluded the predator within the anemones surrounding the coral reefs. Poseidon didn't bother to disturb them as the way of nature, where everything eats everything else, was something that even the ruler of the seven seas couldn't fight against.

Nature always won that fight and it was pointless to try and battle with what you couldn't control.

As the sea god rose from his throne to go for a walk he suddenly felt a shocking presence approach. Gripping his trident, he prepared a flurry of water in case it was an attack. A bolt of lightning crashed down upon the sea floor, waves rolled around the area as a figure rose from the singed ground.
None of the sea creatures in the area were harmed, they just stared as the figure before them rose. Recognizing the one who struck their home; the sea turned to its ruler, Poseidon's expression changed from alarm to anger like a crash of a wave on the land above.

"Zeus, how many times do I have to tell you to not enter my domain that way?!"

"Oh brother, you know I never come down to bring harm to those around you, the lightning that teleports me down here is a weak as the electricity that flows through your body as we speak."

Poseidon simply stared at his brother for a second, before bursting into a hardy laughter.

"Hahaha, well it's good to see you brother. How are things in the sky?"

"Oh you know, light during the day and mysterious during the night, I simply control the weather for the mortals of earth what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know; cause some chaos with a storm every now and then?"

"You know I refuse to cause extreme damage to those who fuel our power, their belief gives us strength."

"True, so why have you come down here at this time?"

"Huginn, the raven from the North came to me with a message, there is to be a meeting held in three days' time about an event that myself, you, and our brother Hades are acquainted with, and we three have been summoned."

"Many events have occurred over the years, I'm curious as to which event it is that they wish to discuss with us."

"I wonder that myself, which is why I believe it would be wise for us to attend, will you travel with me?"

"The seas have been pretty calm these last few years, I believe a few days away won't be a problem, count me in."

"I am pleased to hear that, now I must travel to the under Underworld world and ask the same from Hades." With a flash, Zeus vanished in a spark of light, a patch of red sand sat on the ocean floor before the chill of the waters calmed it once more.

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2018
Chapter Continues

---------------------------------------------------

Hades had never been the most reasonable god, having been betrayed by his brothers into becoming the lord of the dead was not what the god had originally intended for himself. After some time though Hades grew accustomed to life in the valley of the dead. Flames rising out pits of eternal suffering and pain.

Sometimes Hades would travel to the surface to gaze upon the land of the living; he enjoyed it, twisting something minor in order to gain some entertainment at the pain of the humans. He had already released his wife, Persephone, back to Olympus for the summer months, which was his agreement with Zeus after he forced the goddess of beauty to marry him, for her beauty was beyond what the god of the dead could ever imagine.

Now he was pacing back and forth along a river of souls, wondering when something would happen that would end his newly acquired boredom. A loud barking suddenly echoed through the caverns, shaking the walls.

"Cerberus!" Yelled the god in rage as his dogs barks rang through the corridors.

Freeing his soul from his body, Hades glided over the river towards the gates of the Underworld, and towards the shattering outbursts from his guardian companion. As he approached, his body retuning to him, he stood behind his dog trying to get a look at to what had steered Cerberus on this surprisingly calm day. As one of Cerberus's heads turned towards his master, Hades was able to get a look past the flaming maw of the beast at who was beyond the gate to the Underworld.

Surprise hit his face as there, with two of Cerberus's heads facing him, stood his brother Zeus.

"Zeus, what are you doing here in the Underworld?" Hades asked.

"Would you mind getting this slobbering mutt to leave me alone first, my robes are already singed to hell."

"Down Cerberus!"

The dog replied and retreated down the corridor. Hades raised his finger and the gates to the city of the dead creaked open.

"So what brings you down here?"

"First, when did you get this gate? My teleportation powers were halted by its aura, when I tried to phase through them I was blocked by a barrier, and then that guard dog of yours showed up and began spitting fire at me."

"I got that a while ago to ensure no one like your son Hercules would sneak his way into my domain again, even Charon my boatman needs to wait for Cerberus's word before passing through here."

"Ah, well as you know he was trying to save many lives and needed some of your power to do so."

"True, he could have just asked me first by talking to Charon about talking to me. But now back to present matters, why have you come here?"

"There is to be meeting in three days at Asgard, we have been asked to attend."

"The home of that old man who claims to guard many worlds but can't even control his own son from running off with his hammer? Haha."

"Odin may be old, but he is still extremely wise, it might be best to see what he has to say, you weren't doing anything during this season anyway, not with Persephone out of the picture."

"I was hoping you wouldn't bring her up, but at the same time you are right. I have been rather bored these last few weeks; no one of interest has died recently. When and where do we depart?"

"The gates of Olympus at first light three days from today."

"I'll be there." The god of death replied in a foul voice as Cerberus growled from around the corner at some trapped souls trying to escape.

READ AND DROP A COMMENT(at least) LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

harlems02 fresh update here grin

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Bibi294(f): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
DCTEEJAY008:

TheBlessedMAN, SilverSpoonEnt , Divepen1 ,
Bibi294 , Coolval222 , flow1759 , LarrySun, Therock5555,
FoxyFlow , Centino , Youngzubi, ozila, Apollux , WHIZKIDEFE
The afore mentioned are writers whom I have followed some of their works even before I created my handle on NL, Please come out and support one of your own thank you grin

------------------------------
Happy Sunday and have a blessed day ahead grin
Ayam here
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
Bibi294:

Ayam here
I welcome you specially, please help me mention some people, am new here, thank you.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by liz4eno(f): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2018
Reading too, making sence, waiting oh, pls mention me when u post.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2018
liz4eno:
Reading too, making sence, waiting oh, pls mention me when u post.
Sure I will, welcome
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by TheBlessedMAN: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
Following..
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:
Following..
I welcome you specially boss(even though you nor employ me lol), updates will come later in the week, writing a story is harder than I envisaged.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by TheBlessedMAN: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
DCTEEJAY008:

I welcome you specially boss(even though you nor employ me lol), updates will come later in the week, writing a story is harder than I envisaged.
welcome to the writerhood.

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:
welcome to the writerhood.
Oshe gon, Respect
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by stblessing(f): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ohhh!!this is wonderful!!I've fallen in love with the story already. Please,more ink to your pen!!!

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
stblessing:
Ohhh!!this is wonderful!!I've fallen in love with the story already. Please,more ink to your pen!!!
Amen, and more episodes are coming, am taking my time so I don't jeopardize the story. Welcome to the thread
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nice work! More updates

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Tosinex:
Nice work! More updates
Thanks, I will mention you when I drop the next chapter. Welcome to the thread

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Youngzubi(m): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
if am right,this is your first story

you'er really doing great,believe me if you continue this way you l'll make a big name for yourself here and outside nairaland........

keep it up you gat what it takes

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
Youngzubi:
if am right,this is your first story

you'er really doing great,believe me if you continue this way you l'll make a big name for yourself here and outside nairaland........

keep it up you gat what it takes
Oshey warri connect, burst my brain chaii.
Baba thank you for your words of encouragement.
You get mouth grin
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by rowdymind(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
Welcome, I Am Enjoying This Please Continue...
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
liz4eno , Tosinex I promised to mention, uodate is here

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
Chapter 2 (part A)

----------------------------------------------------

The bus drove on down the road at a steady speed. Stopping at several houses to pick up other students; most of them knew each other. No one seemed to notice the girl sitting in the rear of the bus, too caught up in their conversations about homework and sports that they were oblivious of her presence.

Yuko didn't really mind, she knew it would take a while before anyone noticed her. As the bus pulled up to a red house on the street corner Yuko looked out the window, she stared out into the sun as the girl who the bus stopped for ran up to it from the front door.

A young girl, about Yuko's age, leaf green clothes and aqua blue hair. Yuko could see small specks of dark hair on the sides of this girl's head, she assumed that was her true colour, it looked like this girl was a brunette. For some reason Yuko couldn't take her eyes off this girl.
Most of the other students had blonde or dark hair, this girl however seemed to dislike her current colour and so covered it over with a new colour. It intrigued the girl looking out the window. Like the other students who jumped on the bus, this girl hoped on and began walking towards the back of the bus, head held up, scanning for an empty seat.
Taking a seat across from Yuko, the girl looked out the window and seemed to drift off into thought. Yuko turned back to the window as well not wanting to disturb her.

The bus drove on for another ten minutes until it pulled up to the town's high school. The students at the front quickly filed out towards the school. When Yuko got off the bus she walked off to the side and looked at the building. It was old, made of brick and only had 2 floors. There was a flagpole which the Canadian flag was waving in the light breeze.
Yuko walked inside, taking a look around. The entryway was very open and circular. Several hallways extend from opposite ends of the building leading down to hallways covered in metal lockers and doors leading to classrooms.
A stairwell stood across from the entrance where students were climbing up to the second floor of the building, down other hallways and towards other classrooms.
Yuko looked around, unsure as to where the main office was. Soon she spotted it to her left, a door with the word "office" painted over the glass. Yuko stepped inside; no one was at the front desk so she decided to take a seat. Several minutes passed, Yuko simply looked out the window behind her; watching other students walking through the school. A door opened behind her but she didn't notice as her mind was lost in thought.

"Can I help you?"

Yuko jumped in her seat as the voice brought her mind back to her body. She quickly turned around and stared back at the middle aged woman who looked surprised by her reaction.

"Are you alright?" the woman asked.

"Um… yes I'm fine, sorry lost myself there" Yuko replied as she stood up.

"Oh, that's alright I do that myself, so what can I help you with?" the woman asked taking a seat behind the desk in the center of the room.

"Well um… My name is Yuko, Yuko Asami. I just moved here with my parents from Japan and I'm joining this school today."

"Nice to meet you Yuko, I'm Mrs. Faye, the principle of this school. Let me just check to see where you are in my files." Mrs. Faye opened a drawer of her desk and brought out a file folder, Yuko saw on the folder was labelled "Students A-H." After flipping through several sheets of paper Mrs. Faye pulled out a small set of papers and placed them on her desk.

"Alright, let's see." Mrs. Faye said as she closed the student folder. Yuko moved her seat closer as the principle turned the file around for her to see. Her name was on the top with her date of birth underneath it.
Following that was the school name, "Mountainegra High School," and her scheduled classes succeeding that.
Yuko had already received a copy of her class list; she brought it with her just in case she needed a reminder as to which rooms her classes were in and which floor she needed to go to. Her classes were the same on her sheet as the ones on the copy the principle just pulled out of her folder. English 10, Science 10, Physical Education 15, Social Studies 10, Mathematics 10, and Industrial Arts 10.

The physical education class and the construction were options that were not a part of the Alberta curriculum so she didn't need them to graduate high school. Yuko decided that they would be good classes where she could try some new things and have fun at the same time.

"Are those the correct classes you wish to take?"

"Yes those are the right ones"

"Alright do you have any ques-" she began before the door opened.

"Oh; hello Max."

Yuko turned around and saw the blue haired girl she had seen on the bus.

"Max, I wonder why she is named that." She thought to herself.
Max took a seat behind Yuko and looked towards her, a face that was confused glared at her. Yuko turned away.

"Sorry, please finish up." Max said with a still expression.

"Thank you, so Yuko did you have any questions about anything?" Mrs. Faye asked returning her attention to the girl before her.

"Um... Is there someone I could follow around for help in finding all the classrooms for the classes I'm taking?"

"Well as luck would have it Max here is taking the same courses you are, maybe she would be willing to help you."

"Would that be alright with you Max, sorry can I call you that?"

Max turned around as she had been staring out the window into the sky; "I'm sorry what was that?"

"I was just wondering if you would be able to help me find my classes." Yuko asked her.

"Sure why not?" she said with a small grunt.
Yuko turned around, slightly annoyed by that grunt but decided to just let it slide.

"Thank you for the help this morning." She said to the principle followed by a bow.

"Your most welcome and please come back anytime you need to see me."

Yuko straightened up and went outside to wait by the door for Max. As soon as the door closed Yuko let out a large sigh.

"That was more stressful than I thought."

Another five minutes passed before the office door opened and Max came stepping out, she held a set of notes in her hand.

"What's that?" Yuko asked curiously.

"Just a note telling the teacher why we are late to class, and a reminder for me about something I did, but that's not your problem so please don't worry about it." Max said that last bit sharply, it kind of scared Yuko.

"Anyway my name's Max, you found that out easily back in the office, what's your name?"

"Yuko."

"Nice to meet you, what class do you have first?"

Yuko looked at her class list and found the class based on what the time was; currently it was 9:25.

"I have math 10, room 215"

"Ok I've got that same class too; it's on the second floor, this way."

Max walked off towards the opposite end of the central area of the school Yuko followed behind.

"The way this schools rooms work is that there is a number in front of every room number that indicates which floor it's on."

Yuko looked back at her form and saw the number 2 in front of 'room 215', which had eluded her before so she was thankful Max had pointed it out.

"Oh thanks I didn't see that before."

"Don't mention it"

As they reached the top of the stairs Yuko saw two hallways leading out to different areas of the building, she asked which one they needed to take.

"Well they both loop around and meet back here, the rooms expand around the loop and go in order from lowest number to the highest beginning down this first hallway here."

Max indicated the hallway closest to their position at the foot of the stairwell.

"It's designed so that people don't need to loop all the way around to get to their classes if they're in the higher room numbers. But most people ignore that simple way and crowd around this first entryway, my advice is to wait in the back until the mess has cleared up and then move into the hallway. As for room 215 it's at the end of this hallway on the right."

Yuko followed Max down the hallway as she began to stroll down the labyrinth of lockers. While they walked Yuko noted the room numbers as they passed: 208,209, and 210, it followed that pattern for several more rooms and sections of lockers until the two reached the room labelled 215 around the corner on the right side of the hallway. Max opened the door to the classroom and walked in casually, Yuko on the other hand simply peaked in to get a look at the class.

The room was small; only about twenty desks were within with some small bookshelves on the far side of the room underneath the windows. The wall adjacent to the door held a posting board with several sections separated by a yellow band of tape.
The sections were labelled at the top of each row: Math 10, Math 20, and Math 30 each one in vivid green, red, and blue letters. A desk sat in the corner of the room with some papers resting on the surface; next to a computer. Behind the desk stood a green filling cabinet with several drawers; again each was labelled with the classes' grade level. Yuko assumed those were where the teacher or teachers kept their assignments and handouts. Overall it just looked like a regular classroom; Yuko didn't really expect too much difference here as the school rooms in Japan were fairly basic as well. There were about twelve students already sitting at their desks, pencils in hand with notebooks in front of them. Several of them stopped writing and looked at Yuko as she stared into the room. Yuko became more nervous than she already was, her heart began beating furiously. She saw Max walk up the front of the room where the teacher was standing, after she handed the teacher the note from the principle; she swiftly strolled off to a desk in the back of the room near the back window and sat down, looking tired and slightly miserable. The teacher looked down at the note, looking up she saw Yuko in the doorway.

"Hello, are you Yuko?"

"Yes" Yuko replied as the class turned towards her.

"Well Yuko, there's a seat behind Max there on the left side of the room if you'd like to take a seat."
"Thanks." Yuko said as she walked over to the back of the room to the empty seat. Max was still staring out the window; some of the students turned back to the teacher while some of them were still looking at Yuko through the corner of their eyes. The class was pretty simple, being that it was the first day of classes a slow easy day was expected. The teacher simply handed out a small test; which she said was for information on how much each student remembered about past mathematic equations. Yuko found it pretty easy; most of the questions were pretty simple and easy to decipher. When the bell rang most of the students funneled out into the halls, Yuko stayed behind and waited for Max.

"So how was that quiz for you?" She asked Max when they walked out of the room.

"I never really put too much effort into those things." Max replied. "I have construction class next, what about you?"
Yuko scanned her class list, "same."

"That's cool" Max replied in a dull voice. Yuko looked at her, wondering what was wrong, she seemed down ever since the day began. "Well we don't want to be late," She said as she began down the hall, Yuko ran to catch up to her.
The construction classroom was on the lower floor in the corner near one of the emergency exits to the school. "It's the only place where they can get the pipes for the dust collection vents." Max told Yuko as she sagged into the room. The class was slightly larger than her previous one; about 30 students. Desks were spread out over the room and the shop area was adjacent to this area blocked by glass and a closed door on the opposite side of the room. Most of the students were already engaged in conversations about what the class would be like; obviously they were eager to start building things. The teacher walked in and took attendance after the bell rang. He noticed Yuko sitting in the middle of the room halfway through.

"Hello, who are you?"

"I'm Yuko Asami, I'm joining this school today."

"Oh, your Yuko, Mrs. Faye told me you'd be joining us today. Glad to meet you, I'm Mr. Johnson."

"Nice to meet you as well."

The class went rather smoothly; Mr. Johnson told the class that they would not be entering the shop to begin constructing objects until about three weeks from today. Most of the class got upset by this as they were eager to begin the fun part of the course. The rest of the class was pretty accepting of this limitation because they knew that safety was one of the most important factors to consider in a program such as this. Some of the machines that Yuko saw behind the glass in the other room did look dangerous if not handled correctly. Some of the machines even had the blade exposed from below the cutting surface while others had the blade above the cutting area; Yuko had never handled some of the machines within the shop before so she knew that learning how to properly handle those devices was necessary before the fun could begin. Looking beside her Yuko noticed that Max was actually engaged in this class. Her eyes were following the teacher rather than staring at her desk or out a window, which was not an option in this room because there were no windows, but Max actually seemed interested in what they were doing. It made Yuko happy to see that Max seemed to have a content way about her rather than the quiet way she was first introduced to.

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
CHAPTER 2(part B)

When the bell rang for lunch most of the class rocketed out of the room, Max however walked towards Mr. Johnson and began chatting with him. Yuko was busy looking at the tools through the window that she didn't notice. When she turned around Max was heading for the door.

"Did you have a question you wanted to ask me?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"Oh no I think I'm ok." Yuko began walking towards the door before a thought struck her.

"Actually, I was wondering why that table has a blade exposed through its base?" She asked turning around.

"Have you ever seen a table saw before?" Mr. Johnson asked.

"No I haven't."

"Well it's normally protected by a blade guard that prevents the fingers or other objects such as jewelry and long hair from being caught within the blades motion. The guard was removed yesterday because I needed the extra room to cut a thicker piece of wood for a shed I'm currently working on for a friend of mine for his cabin. The downside to using the blade guard is that you can't raise the blade very high and make it possible to cut larger pieces"

"It must be pretty dangerous to remove the guard."

"Yes it can be rather dangerous however when used properly and safely it's sometimes alright to remove the guard. We won't be removing it however as most of the pieces we will need to cut won't be that thick. Looks like the rest of the class already headed out for break."

"Thanks for the information" Yuko replied before heading out the door.

Yuko couldn't see Max anywhere outside the classroom so she decided to follow some gym students who were exiting into the hall from the gym. They headed into the core where a large amount of students were getting lunch from the cafeteria; Max was near the rear of the line. Yuko went and grabbed a table near the back of the core opposite the main entrance. Two empty seats were beside her and she decided to hold one for Max. Grabbing her bento from her bag Yuko looked around at some of the other tables. Most of the students were in fast conversations with one another. Some of them were playing a card game of some sort surrounded by observers watching their game. Other students were on their phones and not paying attention to anything around them;

Yuko never really understood the use of phones and electronic devices during eating times. In Japan she always sat and talked with her family during meal times. She was told to take her electronic devices and keep them in her room, it was considered more polite. Her father even turned off his computer so that he couldn't get interrupted by emails from his boss who usually always contacted the family during dinner time. As she grabbed a hold of the chopsticks that were in her lunch bag Yuko was approached by three girls.

"Hey you're new here aren't you?" A tall blonde one asked.

"Yes I am" Yuko replied. "I'm Yuko it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah whatever, so when are you going to move?" a red haired girl asked in a stern voice.

"I'm sorry what do you mean?"

"From this spot, this is our table." the blonde one replied.

"Your table?" Yuko asked curiously.

"Yes we always sit here and the entire school knows it, we own this school so we can do whatever we want, and this here is our spot during this hour so move it before we have to use other methods to make you move" The third girl said sternly. She was very tall and leered over Yuko while she said that.

Yuko wasn't sure what to do. She never was one to pick fights and she certainly did not want to start one now on the first day. As she looked back at the three girls who were all glaring her down someone placed a hand on the tall blonde one from behind.

"Hey don't touch me you creep!" The blonde girl cried as she spun around with a nasty look on her face.
Yuko saw Max standing there facing the blonde girl, her hand was on the girls shoulder and she looked pretty angry. The other two girls turned around and Yuko saw that they suddenly became frightened.

"What are you three doing?" Max asked quietly not taking her eyes off her captive.

"We were about to teach this new girl how things are done around here, you don't have a problem with that do you little miss trouble child?"

"Trouble child" Yuko wondered.

"No but I was just wondering why you were picking on a new girl, that's not usually your style of victim. Usually I see you going after the toughest of the students here. Little miss queen of the grounds." Max replied staring into her face with a face that showed anger.

Yuko began to get worried that things were going to get bad for everyone around them when someone yelled out from behind the five of them.

"Hey what seems to be the problem here."

The five girls all turned around to the face of a uniformed man who looked pretty upset about the situation. Max released the girl and turned around to face the man.

"Nothing, just having a little argument about an event that happened this morning on the bus." Max replied quickly.

"Well; let try and keep it for after school hours." The uniformed man said sternly. "We don't want any trouble going on in this school you know that."

"Sorry sir." The blonde lady said as she and the other two scattered leaving only Max and Yuko in the heat zone. The man left and Max turned to face Yuko who was staring back at her with a hint of humor.

"What's with that smirk?"

"I don't know that was just really awesome of you."

"That was nothing, you might want to stay away from those three they're not the friendliest of bunch."

"Who are they?"

"They're the gang the rest of the students call 'The Sisters' and that's not just because they are girls." Max said taking a seat beside Yuko, her lunch was a burger and a bottle of water which she held in her free hand on a tray.

"Why are they called 'The Sisters'?"

"Because they act like they rule the school and act like they are cool when they're really not. Half this school try's to act cool and fit in with the cool people; most of the time they fail miserably."

"What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"That girl, I'm guessing she's the leader, called you the trouble child. What was that all about?"

"That girl's name is Victoria, she's a total snake and so are the other two. The red head is named Ashly and she is not a friendly person at all, some say she was born rude. As for the black haired one her name is Mandy; she loves to pick fights on smaller people just because she is tall and can leer over them. As for that name they called me I wouldn't worry about it, it's my problem and not yours."

The two girls ate in silence for a while before Yuko got curious about Max. She got curious about her name, it seemed like it was a nickname but she could not figure out what it was. Letting her curiosity get the better of her Yuko asked,

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Max replied.

"On the topic of people's names I was wondering what your name was. I mean Max seems like a nickname for a larger name but I don't know what it would be. What is it short for?"

Max stared at Yuko for a minute. Yuko wasn't sure if she'd been too forward or too curious, maybe she should have just minded her own business. Yuko turned away.

"My name is Maxine." Max said quietly.
Yuko looked back up at her. "Maxine, that's a nice name."

"Thanks but I prefer Max."

"Alright Max." Yuko replied with a small smile.
The rest of the day went rather well for Max and Yuko. The Sisters were not in any of their classes which was relieving. The science class went smoothly. Max stared at her notes all class and kept quiet. Yuko listened to the teacher talk about what they would be going over during the semester; the only subset of the course that Yuko thought would be the problem for her was physics. She was never very strong with memorizing endless formula conversions. But the teacher, Mr. Smith, told her it would not be very difficult within this level of physics they would be taught. This calmed Yuko's nerves a bit.
The final class of the day was physical education, P.E. as some called it, most just called it gym.
This class, like the previous three, went smoothly. The class consisted of a mix of male and female students and we're all given lockers to hold their personal items as well as gym clothes.

Most of the females had slimmer fits than the males so they had to get small to medium sized clothing while the males received medium to large.

Once the class returned from the dressing rooms the teacher set them into two groups for a simple game of dodge ball, he said that because it was the first day they wouldn't need to go into the curriculum right away and would start tomorrow.

Yuko and Max were placed on opposite teams and while Yuko was fast on the court; Max was flexible. She barely moved and yet dodged almost every ball fired at her, almost; except for the curveball one student threw at her from the side. Yuko's speed made her a tricky target to hit but the rest of the class was tired from the long first day and so didn't put up much of a fight. She was able to knock out two girls and three boys before getting knocked out herself.

Thankfully the final member of her team managed to knock his opponent to the ground easily, sealing a win. When the clock read quarter to three the teacher called everyone in for final announcements which were basically a simple 'have a good day speech' and the class was dismissed to the locker rooms.

After the class left; most of the students headed for the bus to go home for the night. Max said she was going to head home as well as she had some family business she had to help with.
Yuko decided to head home also for she was tired from the day. They sat beside each other on the bus and talked a little bit about what some of their interests were. Turned out that Max enjoyed listening to country and rock music; and she was excited to hear that Yuko did as well. When the bus pulled up to Max's house she said farewell to Yuko and headed off. Yuko silently stared out the window looking at the mountains surrounding the areas. They really were breathtaking with their sheer size.

Ten minutes later the bus pulled up to Yuko's house and she exited. When she walked in the door she called out,

"kon'nichiwa",

and got no reply. Walking into the kitchen she saw a note on the counter.

"Yuko your father had to go to a meeting in Toronto today; got the call after you left for school but he should be back in two days. I'm out at the local supermarket looking for some things to stock up our empty pantry. I should be home before six. Love you sweetie, mom.
P.S. Some of the neighbors gave us some things from their homes to help us out with the move."

After reading the note Yuko laughed. Their pantry was empty; all they managed to grab was some food for several days after they left the airport the previous day. She had expected her mother to do the shopping during the day after she left for school. What was she doing during the day and why did it take until the late afternoon for her to leave for that and what did the neighbors give them?

Heading upstairs and opening the door to her room Yuko saw the answer to both questions. There were new sheets on her bed that were not the original blue that she had that morning; instead there was a navy blue tint lighted by a moon painted into the sheet with wolves howling from a cliff side. A picture of a mountain valley lake was hanging over her desk which was neatly organized. A bookshelf made of oak had been placed at the foot of her bed where her CDs and book collection were stacked. Her blinds remained the clear aqua blue color which were drawn back and held by hooks installed on each end of her window. A cherry blossom tree portrait hung behind the head of her bed stand. Yuko stared at her new bed sheets in awe. She had always liked wolves; they were her favorite animal, mainly for their sheer power and hunting instincts that were almost unmatched by other hunting creatures. Their fur and blue eyes also radiated off one another in such amazement against snowy mountain wildernesses. Much like her blue eyes; their eyes mesmerized most around them. Her small collection of music were alphabetically arranged on the shelf, she felt the wood and found it very smooth. Looking around Yuko couldn't believe what had happened, in the span of a few hours her room was completely transformed. This morning her room had been a mess, now it looked like it was just built.

Yuko went back downstairs and grabbed her backpack off the floor before heading back upstairs. Dropping her bag by her desk she took a seat on her bed and lay down. The sheets were soft and very relaxing. She heard the door open downstairs.
As she walked back downstairs she saw her mother walking through the front door.

"Oh, hi sweetie" she said with a groan. "Perfect timing I need help with these groceries."

"Sure no problem" Yuko replied with a small smile.

Thankfully her father had been able to purchase a small car off a local who was upgrading to the newer version of the same thing for the current year. People seemed pretty friendly in this small town and Yuko was glad about that. Grabbing some bags from the trunk Yuko walked back into the house where she saw her mother sitting in the living room chair; looking very tired.

"Are you alright?' Yuko asked setting the bags on the kitchen table.

"Yes I'm fine; I've just been really busy over the last few hours so I'm very tired."

"Oh, I saw my room." Yuko said looking at the suddenly awake face of her mother.

"And?" her mother asked.

"And I think it's amazing." She replied with a large smile.

"I knew you would." her mother replied with a grin. "You'll have to go around and thank all the neighbors for what they donated to us. I tried to tell them no, but they kept insisting."

"I will."

Yuko went back to the car to grab the last bag of food. When she returned she saw her mother taking some of the food to the pantry. Some of it was canned and prepared foods, mainly soup and bread. Yuko grabbed some bags of meat and placed them in the freezer under the fridge. They finished unloading everything in about twenty minutes. After they finished Yuko's mother went back to the couch and lay down, she did look very tired.

Yuko looked at the clock and saw that it was only half past four; they had lots of time before dinner so Yuko decided to go take a walk outside. Leaving a note on the table, as her mother had fallen asleep; Yuko grabbed her coat off the hook in the hall and started down the street. She wasn't worried; she often went for walks down the valley areas in Japan so she knew her mother wouldn't mind.

Strolling down the street she came across a large field where some kids were playing soccer. They were all in t-shirts and shorts.

"They obviously don't mind this cool breeze." Yuko thought as the wind picked up slightly; sending a cold chill down her spine and forcing her to zip up the rest of her jacket. She saw the kids run over to some bags and pull out some long sleeve shirts as well as some longer, but still loose, pants. Yuko smiled at her quick assumption that they weren't affected by the wind.

Continuing down the street Yuko looked up at the mountains off to her left. White clouds hid their peaks from view and made them appear even mightier. She saw several paths leading down the forests she passed on her walk; she decided to venture down some of them sometime.

Coming up to a larger set of trees she saw a sign posted by a wider path than the previous ones.

"Long Pine Forest; natures wonders await you within."

"A tourist calling card" Yuko thought with a smirk. The trees were very large however, get far enough into the forest and you may end up walking at night. A cool breeze came through the trees and whisked the pines with them directly at Yuko's face.
The smell that penetrated her was fresh, like a cool newly formed mountain lake. As she stood there admiring the pine scent she saw a deer appear from the labyrinth of trees in front of her sniffing the ground. Looking up with two black eyes it locked its gaze upon her for a few seconds.

Having her camera in her pocket Yuko decided to take a picture of the creature while she had the opportunity. Rare shots like this never came around often. The deer stared at her with curiosity; it didn't seem to be scared of the camera as Yuko took it out of her pocket and pointed it at its face. After the shutter clasped down the deer fled into the trees at the sound of the crack. Looking up after another cold breeze struck her spine, making her shiver; the girl saw some clouds that began rolling in overhead. Not wanting to get caught in a storm Yuko headed home.

Yuko's mother was still asleep on the couch when she walked in the front door, checking the clock Yuko saw that she had only been gone for about half an hour.

"It's odd how time seems to go by so fast sometimes" she thought as she headed upstairs.

Lying down on her bed Yuko began to think about the day and what had occurred. She actually liked the school she was in and knew that she'd get used to the teachers.

The Kyoto International School she had attended back in Japan was a school she missed. The activities were fun and all her friends were back there, probably having a good time playing for their school teams all named The Dragons.
It was a small school and so was the one here, which was a good thing. Yuko knew she could quickly meet everyone and possibly even make new friends.
The YIS was a school for all grades from elementary to twelve so there was a wide range of students and age groups;
the Mountainegra High School was grades ten to twelve. A small change but at least she was within a school of students within her age group.

"Should be easier for me to get along with everyone as we all are in the same stage of our lives. I wonder what Max would think about that, a wide range of age groups or the same age group all in the same school." She smirked at that last thought; it seemed obvious which side she'd take. Yuko decided she'd ask Max about it in the morning.

——————————————————————————

Leave a comment, lemme know your review about the story so far✔✔

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
DCTEEJAY008:
liz4eno , Tosinex I promised to mention, uodate is here
Thanks bro, awesome like before, thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nice one bros! But the Yuko part seems on the low run on me! I enjoyed the gods part wella grin grin I want more stories from there smiley smiley
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Tosinex:
Nice one bros! But the Yuko part seems on the low run to me! I enjoyed the gods part wella grin grin I want more stories from there smiley smiley

No wahala, I will update later tonight.

1 Like

Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by rowdymind(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
You Write Beautifully And I Look Forward To More Updates, Do Me A Mention When You Come Through
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by liz4eno(f): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
Beautiful write up, waiting for more tnx.
Re: Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:09am On Oct 19, 2018
A nice job you've got here... kudos to you, my boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invasion / Pacemaker - A Short Story / I Can't Think Of A Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.