Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,397 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) (714 Views)

Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 5:42am On Sep 23, 2018
Anthony Joshua stunned Alexander Povetkin last night with a brutal and seventh round knockout at Wembley.

The Watford born figher unleased a set of blows to send Povetkin sprawling, almost out the ring at one point.

Povetkin then got back on his feet before Joshua landed the killer blow to seal a big win in front of a massive crowd.

Joshua had to overcome an early storm as Povetkin flew out of the traps with several big blows.

He suffered a bloody nose in the first round but found his composure and turned the tide back on Povetkin.

Joshua began to deal damage, cutting Povetkin above the left eye, and turned on the style in the seventh to dispatch his undefeated opponent.

Speaking after the fight, AJ praised Povetkin but stated he is ready for another fight.

"Povetkin is a very tough challenger and he proved it tonight,”Anthony Joshua said.

"I realised he was strong to the head but weak to the body.

"Let's see whats happening on April 13.

"Let's ask the question, I have no mandatories.

"The sport is about what the fans want, let's put a poll out on Twitter and see who fans want me to take on.

"I got my knockout streak back, I found my right hand again.

"There's a lot of pressure, the country is rooting for us all and boxing.

"The energy in here spurs you on and I do feel that pressure.”

Pushed on who he wants to fight next, Joshua admitted: “There’s no contract signed at the minute. My No 1 would be Wilder, that’s it."

Source:>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/09/anthony-joshua-defeats-alexander.html

cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by youngest85(m): 5:43am On Sep 23, 2018
We don hear now
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by satelliteDISH(m): 5:52am On Sep 23, 2018
Congratulations Sir Joshua.
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Radicalface: 5:57am On Sep 23, 2018
correct @fonja dude.. this one no be like those ones were full for south west wer dem own muscle na for mouth e der ... der go just der shout upandan before fight ,, throw punch na ,, for where!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Samade7: 6:01am On Sep 23, 2018
Making us proud....... unlike d developers.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Auladimeji(m): 6:01am On Sep 23, 2018
I want Joshua to knock out PMB,how much will he collects

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Bossontop(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2018
Very soon pipu go com dey talk "making us proud" as if na nigerian citizen him be...... lol
grin grin grin

Btw congrats man......a well deserved win

Chaiiii!.....dis kunu chill and e make sense die

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by hisgrace090: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2018
Joshua the legend, ride on!
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Joshmodest(m): 6:26am On Sep 23, 2018
Who can battle with the Lord grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:37am On Sep 23, 2018
Auladimeji:
I want Joshua to knock out PMB,how much will he collects

You are very wicked! You couldn't even pick a young man, na baba you want make he fight, you want kill baba abi?
Na wa for you o!
Re: Anthony Joshua Defeats Alexander Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Titles (Photos) by 49cents(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2018
Boxing ....is it even a sport?

(1) (Reply)

I Win My Bet On Nairabet But Still Showing Open Bet. The Game Has Ended. / Uefa Would Not Have Awarded PSG Penalty Against Barca Or Real / Arsenal Vs Newcastle 2-0 - Highlights & Goals (download Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.