Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,183 members, 7,932,032 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate (17488 Views)

Police Forcefully Evict Magodo Estate Residents Over Supreme Court Judgement / Oyan Dam Release: Lagos Alerts Residents Over Flood. / Army Raids Imo Communities, Arrests Youths, Residents Over IPOB, ESN Membership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2018
frozen70:

All dogs dey eat poo, but their own dog dey always eat and carry poo for mouth

If you know you know
What are you talking about? undecided
If you don’t have anything intelligent to say, please don’t say it
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by frozen70(f): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

What are you talking about? undecided
If you don’t have anything intelligent to say, please don’t say it

E be like say na your state, lol

Everything I said made sense, that's why you are reacting on my post
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2018
Almaiga:

Who be this man, Weting dey worry you?
So because you are an indegene of Edo, I shouldn't pen my opinion?
You spend a good deal of time cussing out Igbos on a lot of your posts. And now Edo.
This kind of foolish talk is why Nigerians had to have their freedom of speech taken from them during the military era in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.
It’s this kind of misbehavior
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2018
frozen70:

E be like say na your state, lol

Everything I said made sense, that's why you are reacting on my post
No nothing you said made sense.
Dissing and saying tribalistic things about your own countrymen doesn’t make sense.
Only black people do those kind of things.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Almaiga: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

You spend a good deal of time cussing out Igbos on a lot of your posts. And now Edo.
This kind of foolish talk is why Nigerians had to have their freedom of speech taken from them during the military era in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.
It’s this kind of misbehavior

How does stating the facts result to insult, what part of my statement is not true?

Do you want me to applaud Criminality?

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
Almaiga:

How does stating the facts result to insult, what part of my statement is not true?
They are stereotypes not facts.
And your post is prejudice. So all of it is bull
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by frozen70(f): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

No nothing you said made sense.
Dissing and saying tribalistic things about your own countrymen doesn’t make sense.
Only black people do those kind of things.

Swear, that you have never for once in your entire existence distrabalised any tribe

Either by joke or by debate
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Almaiga: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

They are stereotypes not facts.
And your post is prejudice. So all of it is bull

All the information I stated above are first hand info, not some "stereotypes". Like I stated earlier, I've been in Benin for over three years now. So I know Benin and their character like the back of my hand. cool
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
frozen70:

Swear, that you have never for once in your entire existence distrabalised any tribe

Either by joke or by debate

I don’t go around cussing and dissing people’s ethnic groups especially when they’ve done nothing to me. I treat everyone with respect.
I don’t see why you guys like being tribalistic and racist. I don’t see any joy or necessity in that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Simbrixton(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
One of the hardest cities in africa OmoYoruba loves benin one love my people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
Simbrixton:
One of the hardest cities in africa OmoYoruba loves benin one love my people
One love bro
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2018
Almaiga:

All the information I stated above are first hand info, not some "stereotypes". Like I stated earlier, I've been in Benin for over three years now. So I know Benin and their character like the back of my hand. cool
No your just someone that hates Benin and other ethnic groups that aren’t Yoruba.
It’s hatred and tribalism.
This is how you guys have been ganging up on Igbos for the past 50 years. And then Igbos started hating you all for it. And then you start saying Igbos hate everyone but themselves.
Although I know Igbos are also very tribalist towards us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Almaiga: 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

No your just someone that hates Benin and other ethnic groups that aren’t Yoruba.
It’s hatred and tribalism.
This is how you guys have been ganging up on Igbos for the past 50 years. And then Igbos started hating you all for it. And then you start saying Igbos hate everyone but themselves.
Although I know Igbos are also very tribalist towards us

Who told you I'm Yoruba?

Abeg, face the topic of discussion and leave the Igbo's out of it.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Almaiga:

Who told you I'm Yoruba?

Abeg, face the topic of discussion and leave the Igbo's out of it.
Oh your a northerner.
Anyway I’m not going to even talk about the stereotypes and the vices of the north. Everyone knows what they are. But I’m going to take the high road sir. Don’t ask me why, it’s just my Christian religion, cheers
I practice what I preach

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Lordspicy(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
hisgrace090:
The end SARS crew have gone back to their trade,
They want to use Edo as a testing ground before migrating to other part.

Nigeria is not yet ripe for gentle man police force, we"re too unpredictable.

and what is the job of the police force?
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by justphillips(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
Simplep:
Hmmm,someone i kn lost his phone last week to a pickpocket in a bus going to ringroad from ugbowo,he said as tight as d trousers he wore,he did nt notice or feel anything,he said d person is an expert

Exactly! I didn’t notice when the idiot moved my phone, it was like a dream, like I was hypnotized. I regained myself few seconds after I alighted from the bus. Then dey use jazz. ThankGod I got my phone back
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
U are very lucky dear,bt how did u get it back?...that guy said d thief alighted before him
justphillips:

Exactly! I didn’t notice when the idiot moved my phone, it was like a dream, like I was hypnotized. I regained myself few seconds after I alighted from the bus. Then dey use jazz. ThankGod I got my phone back
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by dederocs(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
izuch:
Benin and crime na 5&6

Like if you agree share if you don't
Trying to get cheap popularity eh...
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by justphillips(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2018
Simplep:
U are very lucky dear,bt how did u get it back?...that guy said d thief alighted before him

I ran after the bus, luckily for me, there was traffic around wire road. That was where I caught up with the idiots. As a wiseman, they had no choice but to give me my phone, they collected small beating on top.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2018
ojimbo:
Failed State. I hate everything about this people
NOTED
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by IME1: 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
Favor99:

I truly admire your loyalty, love and support for your state.
Many people don't seem to know how to separate Edo as a state from Benin as it's capital.
So people just generally hate anything Edo. This is sad and bad.

I support you Favor99 in saying that no place in Nigeria has the monopoly for crime and evil.
Funny thing I've heard someone from one of the big 3 tribes as you have put it, say that Benin people are learning when it comes to jazz from their side.
- yet people attribute Benin or Edo to witchcraft. Smh undecided

People say that Edo is criminal but all the time I am in Benin i don't face them, but I was robbed twice in one of the big cities in one of the big 3 tribes of Nigeria.
People say Edo girls like prostitution but these exist in large numbers in other regions in Nigeria who do covertly. Non-Edos also are the ones patronising these so called Edo prostitutes.

The most intelligent family in the UK are Edos. Omotola's husband is from Edo. Aboniki balm and minimie chinchin are produced in Edo. NIHORT palms located in Edo is what made Malaysia great. Okomu oil, Presco, Gelegele port, Ososo hills, Okpella cement where BUA and Dangote are fighting over are in Edo. Many of your sports people, TV people (Suleiman Of TVC, John Momoh of BON, Chris Iliems of Channels and so many others are from Edo), business people Ine oil and motors, and others I can't remember for now are from Edo. Wives of many of your big men, monarchs, politicians are from Edo. Fashola finished from Uniben. Sultan of Sokoto served in the military for a long while in Benin. The 2017 UNILORIN convocation lecture was by a Bini man who has several phds. The man with several phds and masters making drones for the USA military is an Edo man. Is it in politics? see your APC chair, Daisy Danjuma, Obahiagbon, Matthew who called for impeachment for someone who was travelling so much. Murtala Mohammed was originally was the northern part of Edo. Abdulsalaam's vice was Edo. IBB's was an Edo man... I don tire, I no be historian. Is it in medicine? The longest serving doctor for Aso rock was an Edo man. Stella Obasanjo was Edo. Long serving chairman of UBA, and that of Access are Edos (Bello-Osagie and Aig-Imuo... (i can't spell it). Owner of Arik air and the then Okada air are Edos. The word Okada which is used for motor bikes is from Edo. Archbishop Benson Idahosa who mentored many of your pastors and bishops was Edo (Bini), Lagos cardinal Okojie is Edo. Your Tboss na Edo cheesy and Mercy Aigbe, Owen G, Djinee, Victor Uwaifo, Alex Osifo and even late Sam Loco. Please allow me to rest, I don tire, post don dey too long.

From this post I've tried not to mention any tribe, people or state or even region.
I am not from Edo state.
I am not from any of the big 3 tribes.
My family cuts across 4 different tribes and I've in laws from other tribes.
By reason of school, NYSC, further schooling, conferences, conventions, work and passing through including deliberate vacations and visits, I have been privileged to have been to all the regions (not fully been to North-East, except Bauchi) in Nigeria and almost 28 states if not more. By being to, I mean stayed upwards 3 months, 2 days or even 5 years. I have been to all those place without prejudice or attempt to avoid those places. I served in a state that even my own sister had earlier redeployed from undecided. I've been posted to schools in places that I had little or no control over including Benin city and Auchi.

I have witnessed crimes, prostitution, internet fraud, cultists, armed robbery, assassination, diabolic acts, rituals, occultism and all sorts of crimes in more states than in Benin, but who's comparing undecided not i because it's not something to brag about, demean another about, or castigate anyone for.
We all have to work for the safety in Nigeria.
Netherlands is closing down prisons and we say it's a safe country. We don't mention any particular state in it, we just say the entire country.
How much cooler will it be if we all as Nigerians can gladly say that Nigeria as an entire country is a peaceful and safe place. That would be awesome.

I love Nigeria.
I hate tribalism, prejudice, heating up the political, lies, superiority complexes, stereotypes and evil propaganda.

#prayforEdostate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Almaiga: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
justphillips:

I ran after the bus, luckily for me, there was traffic around wire road. That was where I caught up with the idiots. As a wiseman, they had no choice but to give me my phone, they collected small beating on top.

You were brave , only few individuals can do what you did.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by IME1: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Almaiga:

Calm down in 3 years you can't know any tribe.
You only know those you have interacted with and encountered.
Also many of the criminals you think are indigenes are not. Many are not from Edo.
Imagine Evans said he operated in Edo, he's not Edo. He kidnapped Odiete and Uyo technical owner.
Truth be told many riff riffs, criminal elements, ,and grabbers, cultists and ritualis, aye lala and co are not indigenes or indigenous to Edo.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE IS CRIME IN EDO,
but please Almaiga e dey everywhere, when you leave Edo you will know what you had while you where there, trust me, there are dens in other parts of Nigeria.

Take away pride, laziness, gangs, bad influence from returnees, entitlement mentality and lack of fear of God Almighty, from many of these Edo people you see engaging in crime and you'll see that Edo state can be a truly blessed state that it's meant to be.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by ShaksBaba: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
I noted many months ago that crime rate will increase in Benin soon. Many illegal migrant who returned from Lybya are mostly from Benin. They are already hardened, they were turtuored raped and some of them sold into slavery before they were rescued back to the country. Some of them sold their cars and houses to embark on that journey. Now they are back to take their "revenge" on the society that refused to rehabilitate them back.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 2:07am On Sep 24, 2018
IME1:

Many people don't seem to know how to separate Edo as a state from Benin as it's capital.

I support you Favor99 in saying that no place in Nigeria has the monopoly for crime and evil.
Funny thing I've heard someone from one of the big 3 tribes as you have put it, say that Benin people are learning when it comes to jazz from their side.

People say that Edo is criminal but all the time I am in Benin i don't face them, but I was robbed twice in one of the big cities in one of the big 3 tribes of Nigeria.
People say Edo girls like prostitution but these exist in large numbers in other regions in Nigeria who do covertly. Non-Edos also are the ones patronising these so called Edo prostitutes.

The most intelligent family in the UK are Edos. Omotola's husband is from Edo. Aboniki balm and minimie chinchin are produced in Edo. NIHORT palms located in Edo is what made Malaysia great. Okomu oil, Presco, Gelegele port, Ososo hills, Okpella cement where BUA and Dangote are fighting over are in Edo. Many of your sports people, TV people (Suleiman Of TVC, John Momoh of BON, Chris Iliems of Channels and so many others are from Edo), business people Ine oil and motors, and others I can't remember for now are from Edo. Wives of many of your big men, monarchs, politicians are from Edo. Fashola finished from Uniben. Sultan of Sokoto served in the military for a long while in Benin. The 2017 UNILORIN convocation lecture was by a Bini man who has several phds. The man with several phds and masters making drones for the USA military is an Edo man. Is it in politics? see your APC chair, Daisy Danjuma, Obahiagbon, Matthew who called for impeachment for someone who was travelling so much. Murtala Mohammed was originally was the northern part of Edo. Abdulsalaam's vice was Edo. IBB's was an Edo man... I don tire, I no be historian. Is it in medicine? The longest serving doctor for Aso rock was an Edo man. Stella Obasanjo was Edo. Long serving chairman of UBA, and that of Access are Edos (Bello-Osagie and Aig-Imuo... (i can't spell it). Owner of Arik air and the then Okada air are Edos. The word Okada which is used for motor bikes is from Edo. Archbishop Benson Idahosa who mentored many of your pastors and bishops was Edo (Bini), Lagos cardinal Okojie is Edo. Your Tboss na Edo cheesy and Mercy Aigbe, Owen G, Djinee, Victor Uwaifo, Alex Osifo and even late Sam Loco. Please allow me to rest, I don tire, post don dey too long.

From this post I've tried not to mention any tribe, people or state or even region.
I am not from Edo state.
By reason of school, NYSC, further schooling, conferences, conventions, work and passing through including deliberate vacations and visits, I have been privileged to have been to all the regions (not fully been to North-East, except Bauchi) in Nigeria and almost 28 states if not more. By being to, I mean stayed upwards 3 months, 2 days or even 5 years. I have been to all those place without prejudice or attempt to avoid those places. I served in a state that even my own sister had earlier redeployed from undecided. I've been posted to schools in places that I had little or no control over including Benin city and Auchi.

I have witnessed crimes, prostitution, internet fraud, cultists, armed robbery, assassination, diabolic acts, rituals, occultism and all sorts of crimes in more states than in Benin, but who's comparing undecided not i because it's not something to brag about, demean another about, or castigate anyone for.
Netherlands is closing down prisons and we say it's a safe country. We don't mention any particular state in it, we just say the entire country.
How much cooler will it be if we all as Nigerians can gladly say that Nigeria as an entire country is a peaceful and safe place. That would be awesome.

I love Nigeria.
I hate tribalism, prejudice, heating up the political, lies, superiority complexes, stereotypes and evil propaganda.

#prayforEdostate
Thanks! I really appreciate that. Thanks so much for the support. smiley smiley It seems that over the past year and a half a lot of people have been hating
us. Its a recent thing that wasn't there before. Even when an Edo accomplishes something, no one says Nigerian Amaka,
people start looking for faults and undermining it. Look how people bash our footballers anyhow like Victor Moses. If he was from another ethnic group, they wouldn't do that.
Before two years ago there wasn't much tribalism against Edo's.
And yes its true all ethnic groups have their vices and have contributed to the troubled image Nigeria has. But some tribalists will single out certain
ethnic groups.
Thanks for also showing the accomplishments and honorable people from Edo. It gets overlooked sometimes. I have much pride in my state and with Nigeria as a whole. We need to come together and end tribalism against one another.
What ethnic group are you from? I read some of your posts I see your also Christian as well. We need to spread the unity, love, and Christ's gospel to our people.
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by IME1: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Favor99:

One love, one love
God bless you
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by Favor99(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2018
IME1:

One love, one love
God bless you
Thanks! God bless you to smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by dangoteinlaw: 6:11am On Oct 01, 2018
yorubakid:
Am talking based on facts not on emotions.. Nigerians are known for prostitution abroad thanks to Edo indigenes..Edo indigenes are minorities but they have highest internet scammers compared to other major tribes like hausa.Edos are minorities but they are the major tribe too that have stained nigerian image abroad with their prostitution and internet scams.Na only Edo boys dey take their nonsense cult activities abroad with them..Edo is one of the states that ordinary primary school student is already a cultist..
it's hard to even take the comment of a mad man plus a finatic tribalistic fool like your type seriously. Everyone on Nairaland knows that your brothers Yorubas/afonjas are kings and queens in all sort of crimes. It is yahoo or skull minings? So you no get talk, werey!!!
Re: Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate by OVB123: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
IME1:

I am not from Edo state.

I love Nigeria.

#prayforEdostate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Should Apologize To Gumi - Tukur Mamu (Spokesman) / Raymond Dokpesi's Death Painful, Shocking - Ibori / Nassarawa Governor Sacks 10,000 Workers- NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.