Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,861 members, 7,945,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election (929 Views)

Proposed Strike: FG, Labour Parley Ends On Inconclusive Note / Dino Melaye: Universities, Learn From INEC On Inconclusive Results / Osun: Adeleke Speaks On Inconclusive Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by 4Ebiscoo: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate in the inconclusive governorship election in Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has thanked electorate in the state for their kind support in Saturday’s governorship poll.

Adeleke led the race with 254,698 votes, 353 votes more than that of Gboyega Oyetola of the APC.

The margin was, however, less than the 3,498 votes in the polling units where voting were cancelled.

Consequently, the Returning Officer for the election, Professor Joseph Afuape, declared the poll inconclusive.

But, Adeleke in a statement he personally signed on Sunday; said he was honoured to have won considerable votes across all local governments of the state despite the “blackmail” during electioneering campaign.

He, however, appealed to the people to rededicate themselves to the ‘struggle, adding that ‘the tyrants can be forced to submit to the will of the people.

The statement reads, “I sent my appreciation through this medium to Osun voters who find me worthy of their votes. Your votes humbled me and further strengthen my resolve to truly serve our people.

“Despite all the blackmails and persecution, you stand by me, you voted for me and you defended your votes. You adopted me as the rallying point of the redemption movement. Words cannot express the depth of my appreciation.

“We will get to the promised land. It started well and it will end in praise to our dear God. Let us rededicate ourselves to the struggle. You have proved that with determination, the most powerful tyrant can be forced to submit to the will of the people. I appreciate you all.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-decides-adeleke-finally-breaks.html

1 Like

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2018
I just like this man.
Saraki really tried in this election.
I would be really happy, if PDP gives him their ticket for president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by dunkem21(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2018
grin
Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by izzou(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2018
grin

Its pathetic when we are denied basic amenities, but it's inhumane to deny a worker his wages

And the painful part is that Oyetola was saying that the salaries were modulated. Common. Someone will commit himself to a job and after 30 days, you'll start reducing his agreed pay?

1 Like

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by Airforce1(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2018
Man of The people

Looking at this man, you need not be told he would bring Osun sate out of Egypt to the promise land .

He's got a beautiful soul

If you've ever watched him interact with people, you will believe with me that he's the messiah Osun people been waiting for .

He will not only pay salaries of workers as at when due, he would give Osun state economy a facelift.

He's the man for the job .

1 Like

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by Kingosytex(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2018
with the hardship and suffering that aregbesola put the workers into, i never expected the people of osun to even think of voting APC, if after the re-run and the people of osun elects APC , this means they are really enjoying the suffering

2 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by Johnnyessence(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2018
News Release

I'm Grateful To Osun Voters - Ademola Adeleke

The undeclared winner of Osun governorship election,Senator Ademola Adeleke, has expressed profound appreciation and gratitude to Osun electorate for their kind support in yesterday election.

In a statement he signed this evening ,Senator Adeleke said the widespread support he garnered across the state humbled him,declaring that he was honoured to have won considerable votes across all local governments of the state.

"I sent my appreciation through this medium to Osun voters who find me worthy of their votes.Your votes humbled me and further streghten my resolve to truly serve our people.

"Despite all the blackmails and persecution ,you stand by me,you voted for me and you defended your votes.You adopted me as the rallying point of the redemption movement.Words cannot express the depth of my appreciation",Adeleke said.

"We will get to the promised land.It started well and it will end in praise to our dear God.Let us rededicate ourselves to the struggle.You have proved that with determination ,the most powerful tyrant can be forced to submit to the will of the people.I appreciate you all",the statement concluded.

Signed

Senator Ademola Adeleke,
Undeclared Winner of Osun Governorship Election
Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by Lipscomb(m): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I just like this man.

Saraki really tried in this election.

I would be really happy, if PDP gives him their ticket for president.
what saraki did? I blame Aregbesola that made this man powerful and popular.
Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2018
Lipscomb:
what saraki did? I blame Aregbesola that made this man powerful and popular.

Kiss the truth
Saraki is the most powerful politician in Nigeria now.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Decides: Adeleke Finally Breaks Silence On Inconclusive Election by Buharimustgo: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

FG Bars FRCN From Holding Scheduled Interview With Sowore / Tell Garba Shehu To Save Nigeria From Herdsmen Before Saving It From Kanu / Read all Today's Nigeria Newspaper Headlines (politics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.