Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,081 members, 7,880,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:03 PM

Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re (751 Views)

Presidential Election That Produced Tinubu Not Free, Fair ― Prof Onigbinde / Nigeria Decides: I See Atiku Emerging Winner If… –primate Ayodele / Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by 14Ebiscoo: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
The deputy governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, Justice Olamide Oloyede (retd) has claimed that he was told that the Saturday’s governorship election in Osun would be cancelled in exactly the way the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, nullified it.

According to her, it was strange that what he was told came to fruition, adding that the action was orchestrated.

She said this while flaying INEC for declaring the election inconclusive, adding that the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ademola Adeleke, ought to have been declared the winner of the election.

Oloyede, who spoke with Punch in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Monday, said the cancellation of votes in those polling units were orchestrated before the election and it was unfortunate that the INEC allowed itself to be used to rob the people of the state.

She said, “The people have spoken and that is the beauty of democracy. What the people said should be allowed to stand and whatever we do today will become history in the future.

“There have been antecedents, Kogi State is one, Oshiomhole’s case is another one. The cancelled votes were not deducted from the voters and they did not affect the winners of the elections in any way.

“That is why I am a bit worried now. I am worried and I said to myself, why are they making Osun State an exemption in this case? Once you cancelled votes, they no longer form parts of the valid votes. So why will you now be deducting cancelled votes in this case? What kind of mathematics is INEC now involved in?

“It is rather an orchestrated thing. I was told by somebody before the election that votes from these areas would be cancelled but I did not believe the person. I was shocked when what he said came to pass. What he said was very accurate and I began to wonder because this is strange.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-decides-i-was-told-before-election.html

Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Johnnyessensse: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Bla bla bla
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by faaz24: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
Will you keep kwayet !!... So you don't know that a stitch in time saves nine?

Why are you telling us now
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Kingosytex(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
what baffles me is the number of votes that APC got, i didnt expect APC to get up to 5000 votes, it seems that the people of osun are enjoying the hardship of unpaid salaries and other evils perpetrated by aregbesola
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
Afonjas make una fear God o. To imagine you guys voted for Aregbe to keep fucking you all in your arses baffles me. APC should have even contested that election in the first place.
Re: Osun Decides: I Was Told Before Election That It Would Be Cancelled – Olamide Re by Sirjamo: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
This one is mistaking invalid votes for cancelled votes, they are two different things.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Temi Otedola Before And After Makeup(photos) / PHOTO: Iyaloja General, Mrs. Tinubu Ojo Endorses Olusola Sanwo-olu / Air Chief Visits Family Of Baba-ari, Surviving Pilots(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.