Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,860 members, 7,922,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:46 PM

Referral On Social Media - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Referral On Social Media (262 Views)

Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Generate Sales On Social Media And Grow Your Audience Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Referral On Social Media by Dimby1(f): 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
Is it wrong to ask for job referral from an employee of a firm on Linkedin or other websites
One of the directors of one of the highest paying companies is one of my connections on Linkedin. I sent him a message about my current job status and he told me to wait for the advert to apply.
I told him i applied online but did not receive any email from the HR. He said i should wait that they will contact me.I told him i have waited for months. Then i pleaded with him to refer me to HR. He said their company does not support backdoor process and that anyone asking for referral is gulity of that.Then i replied,"I am only asking you for a referral for my CV to get to your HR.I am not asking you to influence the interviewers' decision."
He said he cannot and that it is against the company's policy. Then i told him many firms and recruiters employ through referrals. He replied,''Others might be doing it but that does not concern us.It is completely unethical."
Then i replied,'I wish all firms and recruiters could say this. I have passed tests and interviews and still did not get the job."
He hesitated for a while and said,' I know it is very difficult to get a job in Nigeria without connection or godfather. Send me your CV."

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Latest Recruitment (3 Positions) / Server Support Analyst At Hiqos Technologies Limited / Earn Consistent Income Trading Binary Options

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.