Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:42 AM

Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 (15419 Views)

Forceful Retirement Of 10 Top Army Generals Looms As Farouk Yahaya Becomes COAS / Buhari To Sack Top Security Aides Over Threat To His Cabal - Sahara Reporters / Sowore Vows To Turn Nigeria Into A Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by oluxy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
If he's elected or not, they cannot continue with him. Army doctrine is there already.
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by franchasng: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
Realdeals:
Omoyele Sowore, the convener of our TakeItBack Movement and the party chairman of the African Action Congress, has made it clear that if he has his way, he would fire every army general in Nigeria for the good and progress of the nation.

There is irrefutable proof that these generals do nothing to neither defend our nation nor equip the hardworking soldiers to do their jobs. Army promotions have become political. Leadership has been embroiled in corruption cases, with countless of these generals buying houses in Dubai and other exotic locations while a war rages and the victims are innocent Nigerians – civilians and soldiers alike.

Questions must be asked of these army generals when girls are being captured in their hundreds and the captors are allowed to march unharmed into town to release them after handsome ransoms have been paid. Questions must be asked when the ledger books show billions of naira being disbursed for national security and our valiant soldiers frequently have to beg villagers for food and shelter.

The brave men and women who took vows to serve our nation are being short-changed by these very generals. The rank and file have demonstrated courage in the face of poor welfare, old and non-functional weapons while their leaders travel in armoured vehicles, educate their children in the most expensive foreign schools and receive world class treatment at the hands of foreign physicians.

We propose a discharge of these old cabals and put in their stead a world class national security system that offers protection to Nigeria, her citizens and her soldiers. We propose a listening government that makes the welfare of the troops our topmost priority. World class weapons will be provided. We will leverage intelligence from neighbouring countries and global intelligence from anti-terror efforts. We will finally tackle Boko Haram head on instead of working in partnership with terrorists, and finally, leadership within the military will not be based on nepotism but earned. Capable men and women will be promoted and empowered to lead our troops to victory!

The business of heading the Giant of Africa is not for the weak-hearted or the complacent. Our borders must stand impenetrable. Our people must feel safe within their own homes, towns and cities. Our children must go to school and return to us safely. Our great nation Nigeria MUST progress.

Source: Nigeria News Headlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOgGkb9fYlg

with this agenda alone, I am routing for him even though he won't win now but let him continue to contest, with time, he might get it.

I love people that think critically like this unlike the old, dull, brain dead, tribalistic, religious jingoist in power now angry

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by lonelydora: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
Realdeals:
Omoyele Sowore, the convener of our TakeItBack Movement and the party chairman of the African Action Congress, has made it clear that if he has his way, he would fire every army general in Nigeria for the good and progress of the nation.

There is irrefutable proof that these generals do nothing to neither defend our nation nor equip the hardworking soldiers to do their jobs. Army promotions have become political. Leadership has been embroiled in corruption cases, with countless of these generals buying houses in Dubai and other exotic locations while a war rages and the victims are innocent Nigerians – civilians and soldiers alike.

Questions must be asked of these army generals when girls are being captured in their hundreds and the captors are allowed to march unharmed into town to release them after handsome ransoms have been paid. Questions must be asked when the ledger books show billions of naira being disbursed for national security and our valiant soldiers frequently have to beg villagers for food and shelter.

The brave men and women who took vows to serve our nation are being short-changed by these very generals. The rank and file have demonstrated courage in the face of poor welfare, old and non-functional weapons while their leaders travel in armoured vehicles, educate their children in the most expensive foreign schools and receive world class treatment at the hands of foreign physicians.

We propose a discharge of these old cabals and put in their stead a world class national security system that offers protection to Nigeria, her citizens and her soldiers. We propose a listening government that makes the welfare of the troops our topmost priority. World class weapons will be provided. We will leverage intelligence from neighbouring countries and global intelligence from anti-terror efforts. We will finally tackle Boko Haram head on instead of working in partnership with terrorists, and finally, leadership within the military will not be based on nepotism but earned. Capable men and women will be promoted and empowered to lead our troops to victory!

The business of heading the Giant of Africa is not for the weak-hearted or the complacent. Our borders must stand impenetrable. Our people must feel safe within their own homes, towns and cities. Our children must go to school and return to us safely. Our great nation Nigeria MUST progress.

Source: Nigeria News Headlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOgGkb9fYlg

If he can prove he won't fail us in doing this when elected, i will definitely vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by ImaIma1(f): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2018
DoubleO07:
Nigerians Lets be honest,

This guy is saying the truth.

Yes he might have his own way of saying things that alot of you faulting him might see as wrong.

But with the way nigeria is going who ever needs to fix this country must be ready to take the bull by the horn.

Nigeria right now needs a very tough hand to set things right.

Why do you think God also went in hard on the pharaoh of egypt just so the people he made slaves for 400 years can be set free.

Yes Sowore might not come in a package some of us are expecting but to be frank, I have so much hope in him than any other presidential candidate I have seen and I wish Nigerians can just give him a chance because really what do we have to loose as a nation that has not been lost already.

A president has to be someone that is smart and unassuming. He doesn't have to let everyone know what he is thinking and should be able to use words miserly.

Sowore obviously lacks the wisdom and maturity to lead a country. He is like a child just ranting aimlessly with a tendency to throw childish tantrums and display his excesses.

With the way he is going, he might never get to that seat

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by SleakBuzzPR: 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
Optional09:

Talking sh,it as usual asshole!

You are crappy...

Won't give you no more attention....so don't check your mentions for my revert.
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by SeriouslySense(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
Yes, keep, going, this is who, I would like to vote.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by SeriouslySense(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
Up AAC, Keep the good work, jail those killers, thugs, and bloodsuckers.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by kabillionaire(m): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
I agree with him, those generals are liabilities.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by Shakitibob0: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
wonlasewonimi:
Stop talking and get elected first. Activists don't win.. Ask Gani
Ask Mandela...

Activists win

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by lloyds(m): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
This guy talks as if he is on weed. Am not sure if he would last 3 weeks on the seat if elected indeed.

No wisdom of words, no tact.
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by Shakitibob0: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
dawno2008:
Hmmm sowore,somethings are best left unsaid
You need to keep your plans close to your heart don't you know this people can work against your dream if you let them know your plans

Think like them(soilder)at war,and use the element of surprise
They can do nada....Actively serving Army Generals are not even up to 5k
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by KIDfurniture(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
I agree with you 100%. Can we apply the method Ghananians applied that year?
antidote06:

but truly we need to move away frm d norms of reshuffling d same names sinc independence,d country is totally destryd by dis thieves
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by btoks: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
lloyds:
This guy talks as if he is on weed. Am not sure if he would last 3 weeks on the seat if elected indeed.

No wisdom of words, no tact.
What we need to ask ourselves is this - With the so called ‘leaders of tact or wisdom of words’ that have been ‘selected so far, are we better off security wise since 2015 or 1999 for that matter?.

Are we better off in Health, Education, living standards, exports, power, as a nation?

The point Naija is at right now needs a radically different approach to the meandering we’ve been going through and we can’t just shut out a guy who doesn't conform to the agbada wearing schemers' ways we've had over time, otherwise we’ll be here in 4 years discussing the same things while the rest of the world moves on.

I think we should rather be discussing the points he's raised.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by wonlasewonimi: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shakitibob0:
Ask Mandela...

Activists win

After 30years in prison... It is not straight forward
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by rabazamba: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
As much as I would love to see a young and vibrant President...

This chain smoker doesn't deserve to even be the gateman of Aso rock.

His aimless rants and pure love for vendetta has sold him out. He hasn't said anything concrete that explains how he intends to develop the ailing nation.

Just diluted talks of how he will misuse power.

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by Spatta: 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
Josh44s:
If he can do this then he has my vote because those set of blood sucking demons are the major problem we have in Nigeria.

Trust me, He will do it. This guy fears Nobody. You need to see him in action.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
#sigh

What can I say? My vote is going to Sowore. I'd rather he lead us as best as he can than vote the same set of vultures who have been in the corridors of power since 1999 and Nigeria has gotten from bad to worst.

Nigeria keeps experiencing Fulani herdsmen killings and yet we have a minister of interior getting his paycheck every month.

I don't blame the ones insulting him here. Most of them are teenagers who are still living on their parents' dime and who won't vote anyway.
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by Greenback: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Ioannes:
#sigh

What can I say? My vote is going to Sowore. I'd rather he lead us as best as he can than vote the same set of vultures who have been in the corridors of power since 1999 and Nigeria has gotten from bad to worst.

Nigeria keeps experiencing Fulani herdsmen killings and yet we have a minister of interior getting his paycheck every

I don't blame the ones insulting him here. Most of them are teenagers who are still living on their parents' dime and who won't vote anyway.
@FarahAideed,look at the hypocrite who said nobody should blame buhari!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by OTUNBA1414: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2018
I am sure the WEED Sowore intend to be exporting when he becomes Sahara President is affecting his reasoning. QED
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by 2buffagain(m): 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

A president has to be someone that is smart and unassuming. He doesn't have to let everyone know what he is thinking and should be able to use words miserly.

Sowore obviously lacks the wisdom and maturity to lead a country. He is like a child just ranting aimlessly with a tendency to throw childish tantrums and display his excesses.

With the way he is going, he might never get to that seat

You again. Why do you always have these intense logic deficiencies?
How is that thought process working for you?

You nigerians are just so DAFT.

Sowore is EXACTLY what you need to change things up in that country and bring it up to standard.
Someone exposed and clear about how sad it is that Nigeria is still where it is now compared to others (only a diasporan can truly understand this. Nigerians in Nigeria are too used to the smell of living in a stinky house for decades).
Yet your stupid bush thinking will not let you see past "He is younger than XYZ".

How old was Obama when he became president of the USA?

If you vote in PDP or APC again, you all deserve the deaths your leaders will bring upon you.
Shebi you like suffer? Continue.
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by ImaIma1(f): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
2buffagain:

You again. Why do you always have these intense logic deficiencies?
How is that thought process working for you?

You nigerians are just so DAFT.

Sowore is EXACTLY what you need to change things up in that country and bring it up to standard.
Someone exposed and clear about how sad it is that Nigeria is still where it is now compared to others (only a diasporan can truly understand this. Nigerians in Nigeria are too used to the smell of living in a stinky house for decades).
Yet your stupid bush thinking will not let you see past "He is younger than XYZ".

How old was Obama when he became president of the USA?

If you vote in PDP or APC again, you all deserve the deaths your leaders will bring upon you.
Shebi you like suffer? Continue.

I can't even see past how pompous, arrogant and self absorbed you sound.

You should try communicating without so much insultive words. It will help you more than the person you are directing it at. And get rid of this bitterness that you carry around like a banner.

If you like, be in the safest country in the world, you will die first since you are wishing others death.

Go to bed and lose the attitude before you wake up
Re: Sowore Vows To Sack Top Army Generals If Elected In 2019 by kYjelly2: 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
can't we see that we need to take our politics seriously in this country in light of what just happened to Hauwa and what is happening to Leah and other girls still in captivity

as someone said, imagine boko haram existing in U.S, it can't happen. U.S may have a hard time fighting ISIS or rebels in Afghanistan cause it is OUTSIDE THEIR COUNTRY, but you can't just be openly brazen with terrorism in U.S like we have here in Nigeria and expect to get away with it.

How long will it take to end boko haram if we are really serious about it and deploy technology to our advantage, satellites, drones, helicopters, planes, e.t.c

All these APC and PDP politicians just don't care about this country from what we have seen so far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moghalu Blasts Mohammed Abubakar: Dead People Used To Steal Money By Politician' / Buhari And Igbo Presidency In 2023 / Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.