Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,387 members, 7,897,745 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:51 PM

Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? (5190 Views)

Poll: Should We Revisit Marital Rules/Vows?

Yes! We need fairer, user friendly (polygamous) rules: 33% (19 votes)
No, lets stick to the same old: 62% (35 votes)
I don't care. I will never get married: 3% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / The Different Types Of Unspoken Marriage Vows / Marriage Vows: A Traditional Or Religious Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by bawomolo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

sounds like a match made in heaven  cheesy cheesy

abi o, we would all be one big happy extended family  cheesy

how things now.
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by spikedcylinder: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2010
bawomolo:

would you be willing to part of a polygamous setting cheesy

i have 8 half-siblings by the way.

Would I be willing as in to be one of the many wives of a man? No. I am much too jealous and will end up murdering someone. cheesy

8?!?! grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by shanda(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Thank you. You are a good man. However, it'll be nice if you don't deceive any women into thinking you are marriage material when you are clearly not.

You can call me anything you like. I don't deceive people and I believe we all have choices. I'm sure you know open relationship exists and if cheating on one's partner will make you less a marriage material, then 95% of guys are not worthy of been called that.
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by bawomolo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^ how did you come up with 95%.

spikedcylinder:

Would I be willing as in to be one of the many wives of a man? No. I am much too jealous and will end up murdering someone. cheesy

8?!?!  grin grin grin grin

someone has been watching too much nollywoood abi na gollywood  grin
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by vescucci(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2010
Shanda, Spike no yab you na. Not being marriage material is not an insult. She's just commending you for your honesty.

@topic. The trick is to try to vow only the things you can uphold and not try to uphold the things you vow.
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by EkeLucky: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2010
Our parents made thesame vows and by the grace of God they did not disappoint God.
Why is it that nowadays we find it difficult to keep this vows-my answer is this
1.Ladies this days have no regards for womanhood.They dress any how and also nicknamed decent dressing "OUTDATED" what a shame for this generation.That is why they can walk unclothed on the street and it doesnt matter.Ladies nowadays are very SEDUCTIVE-tight fitted dressing,half naked dressing and lots of seductive character.
2.Obidience to GOD and to constituted authority is now barbaric.
3.Westernization has completely destroyed this generation.
4.Parental care and love is no more.

Brothers,dont blame married Men that run after them.The SEDUCTION IS TOO MUCH.
Lets rise up to the reality.
Thanks. sad sad sad
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by bawomolo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
why get married if the seduction is too much?
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by SUKKIE(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
Well,if the couple puts a great deal of effort into it,I suppose it shoudnt be much of a problem.
Communication,understanding and long-suffering are key tenents without a doubt.
On the hand,eating the same pie everyday requires a lot of sexual discipline and 'burning the flesh' competely.

Pause for a thought,if u are with ur acclaimed Mr/Mrs Right why would wanna break the vows u cherish
I think compatibility is highly essential here thou.
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by Girl846(f): 6:11am On Jul 15, 2010
It is clear that we are in the end times. Nobody has respect for God's Laws anymore.
Nobody said it would be easy! Temptations will always be there/. Jesus was tempted in the wilderness but He overcame it.
The Bible says that You would not be given any temptation that you cannot handle. However we are humans and make errors all the time.
People have become too selfish and self absorbed, that is why marriage vows are hard to keep. No self restraint and discipline.
I am unmarried but im not the kind of person that wants to taste every fruit on the tree. When I love someone I want to be exclusively his and him to exclusively mine.

I am beginning to lose hope in society and in this generation. The immorality is just too much and people are not even ashamed.
Sin is now something people are proud of and boast about. Just go to the romance section and you will see how people are flaunting their fornication, infidelity, promiscuity, abortions, and all sorts

May God have mercy on us all o!
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by spikedcylinder: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2010
shanda:

You can call me anything you like. I don't deceive people and I believe we all have choices. I'm sure you know open relationship exists and if cheating on one's partner will make you less a marriage material, then 95% of guys are not worthy of been called that.

I was commending you, not calling you names. Does 'thank you' have a different meaning these days? Nawa o.

vescucci:

Shanda, Spike no yab you na. Not being marriage material is not an insult. She's just commending you for your honesty.

@topic. The trick is to try to vow only the things you can uphold and not try to uphold the things you vow.

Thank you jare, baba agba. Now him, I am calling names. grin grin grin

What are the acceptable vows according to you? I guess you're one of those that think the laws need to be re-visited.

bawomolo:

someone has been watching too much nollywoood abi na gollywood  grin

It's not kaniwood. I have been possessed by the green monster is all. Will you marry me? wink tongue
Re: Are Marriage Vows Difficult To Uphold? by medoyejoseph: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
marriage is meant for matured minds and it has a key word which is LOVE. If truly you love your partner from the depth of your mind you should be able to uphold your marriage vows. http:///9dW18q

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth To Brazilian Hair (Picture) / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Living In Self Con.? / I Done Enter One Chance Relationship... How Do I Come Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.