Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,437 members, 7,929,449 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Are There No New Highrise Buildings (skyscrappers) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Are There No New Highrise Buildings (skyscrappers) (560 Views)

Good 2 Bedroom Flat To Let At Ijeh Highrise Housing Estate Ikoyi..1 Yr / Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? / Flats @ 1004 V.i Lagos Opp Civic Centre. 3rd Floor 1st Floor And Highrise: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There No New Highrise Buildings (skyscrappers) by kinharold(m): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2010
Someone was asking and i couldn't figure it out myself. All the skysrappers (Highrise Buildings) especially in Lagos were all built in about the 1970s and are all clustered on the island. Why are there no new ones being built both in Lagos or elsewhere in the country.

Afterall, logically, there are suppose to help make the most of land which is naturally in short and limited supply. And even taller buildings are being built around the world.
Re: Why Are There No New Highrise Buildings (skyscrappers) by oderemo(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
would you feel safe in one built by joe blog nig. ltd.?
i wouldnt?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No New Highrise Buildings (skyscrappers) by eewule(m): 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
Very true we need to modernise our nigerian cities with high teck buildings especially in lagos where land is scarce. Guess the problem is a lack of able, home based construction engineers, and an encouraging government. also the fear of colapsing buildings and good planning. even the new abuja doesnt have 1 descent skycrapper. and yet we boast of million naira homes - we need to reach for the skies like rest of the world, !

(1) (Reply)

To-let New Houses @ Anthony Village, Ojudu And Punch Estate, Hurry! / 3 Bedroom Flat For Lease In Thomas Est And Olokonla @ 500k,600k<1 Year Option> / Become A Landlord In Ikorodu-buy A Plot For #200,000 And Start Work Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.