Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,478 members, 7,978,555 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike (633 Views)

Why Is APC Ignoring To Help Tonye Cole? Is It Because He's From South South / Rivers State Governor Nyeso Wike In Tears / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2018
Why Tonye Cole is the Right man to defeat Chief Barr Ezenwo Wike.

Tonye Cole apart from being a technocrat and entrepreneur who understand what it takes to manage a state it also of great importance to note that most of the performing states in Nigeria are governed by professionals and Rivers state should not be left out, e.g Anambra( obiano an accountant and former executive director at fidelity bank) states pays salaries before federal allocation.
Gombe(dankwambo former accountant general of the federation, prudent use of state resources and you can see development round the state.
Lagos( Ambode former accountant general of the state, the flagship governor of Nigeria.

Political permutation in 2015

The state is divided among 3 major blocs , the Ogonis, Kalabaris Ikwerre

The PDP in 2014 gave its ticket to a man from Ikwerre(majority)
Deputy to a woman from kalabari,(majority) so she secured her peoples vite and rivers Women vote and the governor aspirant promised ogonis major positions in his government which he has fulfilled like SSG, comissioner of finance, commissioner of Works e.t.c
While the APC commited political suicide by bringing in two candidates from the minority thou they were good and knowledgeable of how to take Rivers state to the next height but there origins was working against them.
Governor ticket Dakuku peterside from Opobo ( minority) and Asita O Asita from Ahoada , minority . leaving the majority to vote there own sons which had their own interest.

Contrary people will argue that in 1999 we had a governor from the minority and deputy from minority also but they still won . that will be a discussion for another day.

Why is Tonye Cole the right man and better option than distinguished senator Magnus Abe

They are both from majority tribes, but one is a technocrat the other is a politician.

Secondly Tonye is fro a majority that has the deputy governor already and only a governor of there origin can make them deny the current government there votes . if the deputy is given to them again they will stick to PDP for the next 4 years and have an opportunity to fight for the governor after Wikes tenure , rather deputise anoda for 8 more years.
For magnus ogoni the haven't been the governor or deputy from ogonis extraction and currently only occupy SSG so a deputy ticket will be enough to get there votes and becomes an Uhuru for the party.

Ikwerre zone : they have had speaker for 8 years and governor for 12 years so they will definitely accept the speakership and SSG.

And remember the two leader of both parties are from this zone so APC should be able to get at least 35% of this zones vote.

Projected votes from the major zones if the governorship ticket is given to Tonye and deputy to an Ogonis man

Kalabari / riverine areas - 70%
Ogonis zones rivers east senatorial 60%
Ikwerre zone - 35%
And by God grace we shall be victorious.

Signed Arukwe Michael
Arukweejike@gmail.com

Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by IARASORGANIC: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2018
Let the people decide, BTW I think Wike has done averagely well in Rivers state as compared to most state governors
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2018
Averagely well yes but rivers state needs a lion , a bulldozer in economics , a regular performer
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Birdyclear: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2018
Tony coldwater should go and seat down, Mr Project all the way... PDP all the way......... Rivers state is PDP Oshe! South South is PDP so Buhari and his bastards should go and die
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by blujoi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
Bro, I understand that there’s a need to launder Tonye’s image in the media. But all these write ups will not change anything on ground in Rivers state. I have lived in Rivers state and I know a little about the local politics there. How many people know Tonye Cole in Portharcourt? Rivers state is a tough place to survive and you must be brutal and violent to be able to survive there. The warlords and gangsters in PH will never accept Tonye over Wike, that’s the plain truth. APC’s best bet would have been Magnus Abe but see as Amaechi is trying everything to scuttle that. It’s a pity really. Wike is in firm control in PH and the warlords are in agreement with him cos he dey settle wella.

1 Like

Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
Birdyclear:
Tony coldwater should go and seat down, Mr Project all the way... PDP all the way......... Rivers state is PDP Oshe! South South is PDP so Buhari and his bastards should go and die

Young man I see ur one the problems of Nigeria because you bring in party affiliation ahead of national interest and national development an
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
blujoi:
Bro, I understand that there’s a need to launder Tonye’s image in the media. But all these write ups will not change anything on ground in Rivers state. I have lived in Rivers state and I know a little about the local politics there. How many people know Tonye Cole in Portharcourt? Rivers state is a tough place to survive and you must be brutal and violent to be able to survive there. The warlords and gangsters in PH will never accept Tonye over Wike, that’s the plain truth. APC’s best bet would have been Magnus Abe but see as Amaechi is trying everything to scuttle that. It’s a pity really. Wike is in firm control in PH and the warlords are in agreement with him cos he dey settle wella.
how he is from the riverine and the riverine want the governor, beside he is from a popular family among the political class remember his father was a former nigeria ambassador to Brazil , he has the money to throw around plus fedral interest in rivers state . please go and check the ruling party in the state has been quiet cos of the tsunami about hitting it . remember no one knew ambode or obiano before they became governors of there respective states, and if you talk about abe yes but remember rivers is not only about the ogonis but also there is the kalabarois , so you need to bring to ythe table a candidate that will suit all parties and stakeholders involved.
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by blujoi(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
I do not contest about Tonye’s pedigree in Rivers state. What I’m saying that I’m the CURRENT political sphere in PH, Tonye’s candidacy is dead on arrival. Former militants have carved out fiefdoms and all of them are backing Wike, that’s why it will be difficult to wrestle power from PDP in Rivers state. The APC personality on ground in Rivers state is Magnus, he’s more acceptable than Tonye. Lagos politics is entirely different from Rivers state politics, where Tinubu cash push a total neophyte and the person wins. Rivers is more brawn than brain.

Aruksman:
how he is from the riverine and the riverine want the governor, beside he is from a popular family among the political class remember his father was a former nigeria ambassador to Brazil , he has the money to throw around plus fedral interest in rivers state . please go and check the ruling party in the state has been quiet cos of the tsunami about hitting it . remember no one knew ambode or obiano before they became governors of there respective states, and if you talk about abe yes but remember rivers is not only about the ogonis but also there is the kalabarois , so you need to bring to ythe table a candidate that will suit all parties and stakeholders involved.
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Birdyclear: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
Aruksman:

Young man I see ur one the problems of Nigeria because you bring in party affiliation ahead of national interest and national development an
Sir i also see that you're also a big problem for Nigeria, cos you've forgotten that this is Nigerian politics and politicians there're always saints before election but after election you will now see the devil in them.. So the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know here.. So don't quote me talk poo again Mr good Nigeria if you don't like Mr project there are alot of Apc states you can run to
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by arsenalLUVA: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
I would have preferred Magnus Abe sha. He's the strong man that matches Wike.

1 Like

Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Magnus ogoni
Wike ikwerre
Tonye kalabari/riverine.

Power sharing in d state now
Governor - ikwerre
Deputy - kalabari
SSG - ogoni

Current clamour

Ikwerre - Wike
Ogoni - governor or deputy
Kalabari- governor

PDP ticket = ikwerre for governor
Deputy = kalabari

APC ticket= kalabari for governor
Deputy = Ogoni

From this APC covers the interest of two blocks while PDP 1

Result kalabari + ogoni= Victory
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by lastempero: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2018
Una go fit win wike with his numerous foot soldiers.
Re: Why Tonye Cole Is The Right Man To Beat Chief Bar Nyeso Ezewon Wike by Aruksman: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
One with God is bigger than one with majority. I remember when I said Jonathan would loose 2015 elections with such crazy formula myopic people called me names. Mark my words PDP can never defeat Buhari becos they are not truthful to themselves and are working for there individual difference
. if. Not defeating Buhari would have been easy but No

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Locked Up Dasuki For 3 Years And No One Is Talking / Roads Constructed Under Gej / Peter Obi’s Village Monarch Reacts Over His Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.