Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? (1282 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / His Dis Scriptural Or How Do Christian Come About It? / Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2007
Their are three most common ways through which men come to develop faith in what ever they believe.

The commonest is Inheritance: Many believe what they believe today because that is what their parents believe.

Next is Study: When some begin to have doubts about what they inherited, they start to study a lot of stuff and can always believe what they read or hear especially if it raises questions about their inherited faith.

Finally, by Revelation: Here, the man might see a vision, have a dream, recieve a thought or even hear a word that will convince him on the inside. He might not have an explanation for what he believes, but he sure knows on the side that he cannot do otherwise.

Ok folks, share to the house, how do you come about your faith?

Inheritance?
Study?
Revelation?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by TayoD(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2007
@topic,

Mine is indeed a combination of the three. However, revelation must be the common denominator in everyone's experience. It takes an unveiling of our eyes to realise Jesus is who He claims He is.

My revelation experience started when I was about 4 years old. I remember attaining the age of accountability which I now understand is what Paul refered to in Romans 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. At that time, I wasn't aware of the Gospel despite the fact that I go to church all the time with my parents. That experience has taught me that I need to be perceptive to the stage of life my kids are in so they could be taught the Gospel at an early age. In any case, I realise I needed a Saviour and I thought to myself that at least God will look at my mom's service and faithfullness to grant me a pardon. But thank God, I grew up to know and receive Him myself and I am so blessed by the saving grace in Christ Jesus.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by monshege: 4:58am On Apr 08, 2007
mine is a combination of the three; grew up in a family where i was taught to believe certain things, did some studies on my own and in the process got some revelations, so yep! the three came into play
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by Millena(m): 3:01am On Dec 25, 2007
I got my faith through divine calling. I experienced God at home through a vision in a glorious way. It was an experience I can never forget. It was like being high on a bucket of weed. There I was given some instructions and healed instantly. I often went to church b4 my conversion, but I lacked Christ. God chose me ( Rom 9: 1- 29.). He has spoken to me many times before. He also reveals somethings to me through dreams. I must confess that my dreams come true. B4 I got born again, I never dreamt. I was surprised at the experience of dreaming when I got born again. I now have the holy spirit with me. John 14: 15 -31.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by Kobojunkie: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2007
I definitely did not inherit my belief as my parents were not really believers, more atheists in the beginning. My mum first came to God but I am one who is not easily convinced and so it wasn't until 4 years ago, that I could actually started believing INĀ  God who I now know does exist. I have always been one of those who seek proof and understanding of proof before belief can follow and I believe it took me deciding it was time to know or bust for me to see and know for sure that God is. I had concluded that if there was no God, then I was not only here for no reason but also living a meaningless and worthless existence but if there was a God, then it would follow that there was a reason for my existence and I needed to find out what it was. I decided to ask God to prove himself to me and He did in so many ways and today, I can say I am a believer cause I actually asked God himself to show me his glory and he did over and over again. No vision or dreams, just answers to prayers and opening my mind to knowledge of what has always been but my mind had been closed to.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by mazaje(m): 1:16am On Dec 26, 2007
over 90 percent of all religious adherents are into their religion or beliefs because they were born into it and were thought about it right from childhood. they were also thaught to discard and disregard any other belief and faith contary to theirs thats why we have about 2 billion christains, about 1.5 billion moslems, about a billion hindus, and about 300 million buhdist etc.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by bacladtv(m): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
mazaje:
over 90 percent of all religious adherents are into their religion or beliefs because they were born into it and were thought about it right from childhood. they were also thaught to discard and disregard any other belief and faith contary to theirs thats why we have about 2 billion christains, about 1.5 billion moslems, about a billion hindus, and about 300 million buhdist etc.

SPECIAL INVITATION OF HEBREW ISREALITE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF WEST AFRICA ON NAIRALAND.

This is to use this opportunity to Thank YAH /GOD Almighty our Heavenly Father our Creator and Creator of Heaven and Earth for the great work of trying to WAKEUP our AFRICAN HEBREW ISRAELITE to know about our biblical forgot or lost Identity and forgot or lost Heritage which was prophecy in the bible that Israelite will loose their Identity and Heritage and our forgot/ lost IDENTITY / HERITAGE / which is to KEEP YAH/GOD LAW and FAITH in CHRIST/YESHUA

Please let come together and be of encouragement to each other because it can be very lonely on this journey of KEEPING YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT as HEBREW ISRAELITE blc not many of Africa Hebrew Israelite are interested to WAKEUP to accept that we are the Biblical Hebrew Israelite of the Bible.

Please as African Hebrew Israelite Brothers and Sisters our coming together will help us to help each other like d early church in d Book of ACT OF APOSTLE because no one was hungry or lack among them blc they are share what they have together and we can also work together as a team to WAKEUP our other AFRICA HEBREW ISRAELITE Brother and Sister that are still asleep through prayer and also feeding d poor.

Please our coming together will also help us to learn from each other biblical our forgot biblical Identity and Heritage and please I beg us not let our differences of in our believe put us away from each other because we are all searching biblical truth that we lost/forgot and we need each other.

Please I will like to suggest if we can FORM A WHATSAPP / SKYPE GROUP so that we can use it to KEEP THE SABBATH / FEAST WORSHIP/ FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER and share biblical scripture to keep Yah/God Command and Faith in Christ Yeshua.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Please our POWER is in KEEPING YAH/GOD LAW and FAITH in CHRIST/YESHUA blc according to d scripture in d book Revelation 2:14 about Balaam blc Balaam was unable to curse Ancient Hebrew Israelite our forefather in wilderness until BALAAM REVEAL THEY MAKE THEM BREAK YAY/GOD COMMANDMENT IN TORAH and this is why AFRICAN COUNTRIES is suffering today blc Devil has TWISTED BIBLE to continue to make us to BREAK YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT in the CHURCHES Blc African Hebrew Hebrew Isrealite are d only people on earth SUFFERING FROM CURSE OF DEUTERONOMY 28:15- 68 Because we refuse to keep Yah/God Commandment and Faith Christ/Yeshua blc this is why GENTILE NATION ARE SUCCEEDING and PROSPEROUS Blc YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT WAS NOT GIVEN TO THEM.

BELOW ARE SUPPORTED BIBLE REFERENCES THAT WE NEED TO KEEP GOD/YAH COMMANDMENT

JOSHUA-1:8 NKJV REVELATION-14:12-NKJV REVELATION-22:14-NKJV

PSALM-1:2-3-NKJV ROMAN-2:13 NKJV

PLEASE ALSO READ ( ACT 21 )

TO SEE APOSTLE PAUL DOING ANIMAL SACRIFICE AFTER THE DEATH OF CHRIST/YESHUA AND PAUL WAS ALSO TAKEN FOR AN EGYPTIAN BECAUSE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN WERE BLACK

Pls let us meet on ( shaloms179@gmail.com )
Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by butterfly777(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
I experienced the 3, but it's not straight forward.

My parents were Muslims when I was born so I inherited Islam. When I was about 14 yrs, my father became a Christian, so we kind of followed suit. Mind you, I kind of liked Christianity then and preferred it to Islam, so good development.

But when I was about 16, I started disliking Christianity and religion altogether. I became an atheist and critic. I believed there was no God, and if there was God, what was being practiced in the name of religion was false. So I wanted to be no part of it. I used to challenge God to appear to me if He exists.

Yet, I sincerely wanted to know the truth. I studied a lot about religion. One day, I learnt about the design in nature. I saw that the way nature works is too advanced to be by chance or big bang. A super-intelligent being must have designed things. So step 1, I believed that there is a creator, but I don't want to have anything to do with Him or the devil.

Something great happened and delivered me from religious indifference. It was the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ. He appeared to me in a dream and I saw that I was going the wrong way.

That is how I believed in God and became born again.

Now, I am enjoying healing, victory, prosperity and many goodness God has provided through Jesus Christ. I believe if anyone cares to know the truth but is confused, the person should ask God to show him the truth, and He will.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On May 31, 2021
Their are three most common ways through which men come to develop faith in what ever they believe.

The commonest is Inheritance: Many believe what they believe today because that is what their parents believe.

Next is Study: When some begin to have doubts about what they inherited, they start to study a lot of stuff and can always believe what they read or hear especially if it raises questions about their inherited faith.

Finally, by Revelation: Here, the man might see a vision, have a dream, recieve a thought or even hear a word that will convince him on the inside. He might not have an explanation for what he believes, but he sure knows on the side that he cannot do otherwise.

Ok folks, share to the house, how do you come about your faith?

Inheritance?
Study?
Revelation?
For me, you could say Revelation but it was not just a thought, or a dream.. God hounded me until I had no other choice but to submit to and obey Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare Gives Scholarship To 101 Students / Church / The Extradimensional Nature Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.