Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News (2083 Views)

Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun / Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon / CCTV Security Cameras Coming To Lagos State Soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News by Nuriel22: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2010
Re: Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News by Otobroto(f): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2010
I think people are misplacing issues here. Flogging as a tool for correcting a child should never a crime, but the bill should have been against inflicting permanent injuries, and going beyond the bounds of correction to mailing a child.
Re: Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News by aikuda(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Although i do not support flooging. but i thonk the law should be modified. No Parents should be allowed to beat a child to the point of leaving physical marks on their body. I have seen too many children who have endured permaent scars from beating.

Note that many of the scars and injuries as result from beating may not be intentional by the parents, but it occurs any way, and the child carries that burden for the rest of their lives.

For those complaning of immorality in the west because of lack of flogging, why are we all running to the so-called immoral west if we are so good at home?
Re: Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News by Gbenge77(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
Its now illegal to flng children in Lagos.
Re: Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News by Lucifa2015: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
No be Parents concern me unless dem wicked pass kiniwun and leave dem pickin dey look like zebra wid red stripes.

Na de evil teachers and elders wey dey chance and abuse pickin like say dem no human. Make dem chop dem hand O'jare, b*astard persin dem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church Plans Quran-burning Event / Nairaland Is A Lie. 419. why are you Asame Obiomah trying to set me up / Shocking: Mr Jackson Ude Of Pointblank News Arrested By Sss, Held In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.