Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,926 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? (383 Views)

Must We Do Wedding Befor She Deliver / Wait Can I Do Wedding With 1million Naira? / Young And Unmarried Girls Wearing Wedding Rings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by Loversminds: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2018
While preparing for wedding, if the groom is yet to buy wedding ring the preparation is not to be completed.

Wedding ring is a sign of love, faithfulness and commitment. It is exchanged between groom and bride on wedding day.

It is used to symbolize love and fidelity, and it usually conveys information to people that the wearer is married and committed to someone, which tend to scare those who may be intending to have romantic relationship away from the wearer.

But, in our modern society, do wedding rings still contribute to the ties of marriages? Does it have true connectivity with love, faithfulness and commitment in our modern marriages?

A woman said, “my husband took ring off after three months of our wedding, saying it bothered him while he was working and he doesn’t put it on back after work. I felt as if the marriage meant nothing to him”.

Many couples invest large amount of money and time in getting ring, but does the ring still signified faithfulness?

Previously, it was believed that wedding rings are sign for couples to always remember their commitment to their spouses and say no to infidelity. But now some wedding rings are obviously slipped into pockets or bags because of infidelity.

Do wedding rings ever increase the level of commitment?
With the high rate at which people are going into marriage and spending exorbitantly on rings, I think there should be high level of commitment likewise, or what do you think? Lol.

At least, for you to buy the best for your heartthrob, it means there is so much love between you and she really worth it. But why are we having high rate of divorce at the same time between young couples

It is no more a sign of dedication and commitment anymore as it used to be. Some couples just see it as a mere design that is use to decorate fourth finger of the left hand, which doesn’t stop the wearer from infidelity neither scared wooers away.

It should be a reminder of promise
Like I said early, it should be a tool of re-dedication and re-commitment anytime one is trying to divert from marital vows. Look down at the ring, it will keep reminding you of the great day you promise to love and remain faithful to your spouse.

Wedding rings should be a symbol of till death do us apart between couples, or is it not part of the marital vow?

Source: https://loversminds.com/do-wedding-rings-truly-symbolize-love-and-commitment
/

Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by dingbang(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2018
If only the ring was laced with juju, couples would have stopped cheating. But because the lord is merciful, shittt happens

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by Samboizz: 8:28am On Sep 30, 2018
angry hmmn, maybe i should ask my sister!
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by sinaj(f): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2018
I will answer you when I get married
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by internationalman(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2018
No it symbolizes they are in a ring where the wife is constantly trying to knock out her husband bcoz she already has another man lying in waiting.

Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2018
The ring is just metal and meanings attached to it. There's nothing special about wedding rings.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by TrapHedges(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2018
we men (women) still cheat with they rings oh
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by Oreofepeters: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2018
no it doesn't
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by itzprezy(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2018
Ring or no ring..if husband will cheat he will cheat,same with wife
Re: Do Wedding Rings Still Symbolize Love And Commitments? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:01am On Sep 30, 2018
SOME OF THESE ARE JUST ANCIENT TRADITIONS THAT PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINS OR SIGNIFICANCE. THEY JUST CARRY ON WITH THEM BECAUSE THE WHITEMEN BROUGHT THEM.

WEDDING RINGS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED. THEY WERE USED AS THE SIGN OF LOVE, LOYALTY AND COMMITMENT BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE. WHAT DO WE HAVE THESE DAYS? YOU KNOW.

(1) (Reply)

15 Things You Must Know Before You Marry A Pastor-part 2 / Why Get Married Or Why Marry? / 5 Simple Ways To Win Back Your Boyfriend Or Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.