Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,209 members, 7,967,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor (669 Views)

Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Take Me To Court, Bode George Dares Tinubu / Lagos 2019: Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says I Won't Step Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor by dipoolowoo: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
By Dipo Olowookere

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State has stressed that he will not bow to pressure from his political godfather’s camp to step down for his anointed candidate for the governorship primaries slated for Monday, October 1, 2018.

Former governor of the state, Mr Bola Tinubu, who is regarded as the political godfather of Lagos State, had reportedly backed Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu to replace Mr Ambode in 2019.

But at a world press conference held in Alausa, Ikeja on Sunday, September 30, 2018, the Governor said he will not step down for Mr Sanwo-Olu.

Mr Ambode said he will participate in Monday’s primaries to pick the sole candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2019 poll.

“I am going nowhere. We want to consolidate on what we have done in the last three years,” the Governor emphatically told newsmen.

According to him, “The aspirant put up against me is not a fit and proper person. He spent fake American Dollars at a night club in America.”

He further said, “We cannot allow our esteemed members not have an opportunity to participate in the direct primaries,” adding that, “We must allow our people to come out and vote for their candidate in the direct primaries, that is the essence of democracy.”

Mr Ambode expressed confidence that he would emerge victory at tomorrow’s exercise, which has been shifted for about three times now.

Also, he hopes the process would be free and fair, but urged that no card carrying member of the APC in Lagos State is disenfranchised.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/09/30/ambode-dares-tinubu-says-sanwo-olu-not-fit-for-governor/

Re: Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor by marshalldgreat(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
Carry on my governor
Re: Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor by mbaboy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
The collapse of Tinibu dynasty loading
Re: Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says Sanwo-olu Not Fit For Governor by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2018

(1)

Rep David Ombugadu Clinches PDP Governorship Ticket In Nasarawa / Is The Inspector General Of Police (igp Idris) Working For The Pdp? -m. Balogun / 2019 Opinion Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.