Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,099 members, 7,963,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:34 PM

Poultry Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Help (966 Views)

New Poultry Feed (olam Group) / Buy Your Poultry and pig Feed Here.. Am In Portharcourt / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Help by Greenarrow01(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
Guys.. i intend to buy few birds and rear them from now to chritsmas...
My aim is not to sell.. its just to check if i am cut out for this.

I aim to start with 50 boilers and 5 turkeys .

Here is the thing... i have no prior experience.. so i am looking forward to ur help and documenting the journey.
Re: Poultry Help by Greenarrow01(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
The room i intend to use was earlier used to rear goats... also.. the areas have lots of birds(local) with these tiny black parasites on their face... 70 percent of tge birds have died here..
I dont intend to mix or allow contact ...

Any advice on the chemical i can use to spray the room..
Re: Poultry Help by Greenarrow01(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
Yemmit90
Pricelesshoney

Need ur help here
Re: Poultry Help by pricelesshoney(f): 4:10am On Oct 03, 2018
Greenarrow01:
The room i intend to use was earlier used to rear goats... also.. the areas have lots of birds(local) with these tiny black parasites on their face... 70 percent of tge birds have died here..

Use Polidine from animal care to disinfect before u bring them in, that's what most use and that's what I used
Re: Poultry Help by pricelesshoney(f): 4:15am On Oct 03, 2018
For best advice, follow Mr EMMANUELACHILE, Turks and noeloge82
Re: Poultry Help by Greenarrow01(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2018
pricelesshoney:
For best advice, follow Mr EMMANUELACHILE, Turks and noeloge82

Thanks dear..
Re: Poultry Help by pricelesshoney(f): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
You are welcome, and success in your endeavour
Re: Poultry Help by dkdaniel11(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
Disinfect, fallow n disinfect again. You can buy vinkoquat,vinkokill from chi or polidine from animal care. Very good products.
Re: Poultry Help by Greenarrow01(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
dkdaniel11:
Disinfect, fallow n disinfect again. You can buy vinkoquat,vinkokill from chi or polidine from animal care. Very good products.

Sir.. i kive in zaria..... far from animal care.. i think animal care is in ibadan right
Re: Poultry Help by yemmit90: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Wash the place very well with soap and formalin. Leave it for a week or 10 days. Get a sprayer and spray with mixture of formalin and little salt.

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know For A Successful Snail Farming Business / URGENT: I'm In Need Of 10 - 15 Bags Of Iron Beans. / Very Cheap Virgin Farmland's For Sale At Mowe-ofada Owode Axis Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.