Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,322 members, 7,947,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Bad Economy As A Leverage For Maltreatment In Workplace - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bad Economy As A Leverage For Maltreatment In Workplace (385 Views)

Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Economy As A Leverage For Maltreatment In Workplace by Larryton(m): 1:02am On Oct 02, 2018
Am Olanrewaju by name and I work in this survey firm "HOLYPRIME COMPANY LIMITED" as a Surveyor, the firm is situated in Alausa, Ikeja. Few months ago, I joined this firm thinking have landed myself a dream job; working with all enthusiasm and putting in all my effort to give the best I could. When I started, our agreement was 100k monthly which I feel is fairly okay for me for a start. But, the things I experienced in this firm for the short while before calling it a quit was that this employer always pride himself as God; insult workers the way he likes , there is nothing anyone could do to satisfy this man, delay workers salary and always feel he can pay anytime he likes. After owing me two months salary which was July and August, at the end of August, I just saw alert of 50k instead of the 200k. I went to his office to ask why? (1)there was reduction in the payment against what we initially agreed upon (2) why not pay at least one full month out of the two months he his owing. At that instance, I felt cheated and betrayed by him and he explained that there is no project for now, that's why he had to reduced the salary by 50%, that whenever there is project I will be collecting full salary. At the spot I told him I quit that I am no longer working, I felt within me that this is part of what he should have told me from inception and we will reason together, not when the month has ended. It's not that we have not been working, it's just that there has not been a long time project. I want to know how you guys are been treated in Ur place of work. Why I left was lack of trust and respect and no one should think am lazy or I can't endure..

HND, Surveying and Geoinformatics. I need a good job where I can be treated with respect and dignity. You can contact me on eclactgeosurvey@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Bad Economy As A Leverage For Maltreatment In Workplace by chiommy123(f): 2:52am On Oct 02, 2018
The truth is most employers are taking advantage of the situation of the country. They treat their employees as less humans Cos they are under their payroll. They abuse you verbally and otherwise cos they know ' job no dey' and you keep enduring until you just can't take it anymore. They owe you salaries for months and pay half or any amount they want and tell you the economy is bad but they travel abroad anyhow with their staffs salaries. You're not alone op some are in worse conditions self. Need a good job too banking and finance O. N.D. marketing b.sc.

1 Like

Re: Bad Economy As A Leverage For Maltreatment In Workplace by Larryton(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2018
chiommy123:
The truth is most employers are taking advantage of the situation of the country. They treat their employees as less humans Cos they are under their payroll. They abuse you verbally and otherwise cos they know ' job no dey' and you keep enduring until you just can't take it anymore. They owe you salaries for months and pay half or any amount they want and tell you the economy is bad but they travel abroad anyhow with their staffs salaries. You're not alone op some are in worse conditions self. Need a good job too banking and finance O. N.D. marketing b.sc. abaloguveronica93@yahoo.com

It's serious o my sister, it's always very hard to strive under such atmosphere cos, by short changing workers will definitely truncate their plan. Most of them has forgotten that workers too has plans. It is well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures of J-world Recording Studio Lekki Lagos / Top 5 Job Update For Recent Graduate - Check Out No 5 (very Important) / Ebooks For Android, Ipad, Note, Apple & Blackb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.