Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,910 members, 7,973,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:07 AM

Re: Uploading Joomla Thru Filezzila - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re: Uploading Joomla Thru Filezzila (1000 Views)

How To Add Admin To Joomla Thru Phpmyadmin / ^^^help On Getting A Domain And Uploading A Script I Already Have. Pls Help^^^ / Phpmyadmin And Dreamweaver8 Uploading Picture Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Uploading Joomla Thru Filezzila by jjjkkkooo: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
When i tried to upload the site, it took a very long time to upload. My question is, do i have to upload all the site folders?
Re: Re: Uploading Joomla Thru Filezzila by Maximip(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Yes! you have to upload all the site folders and it takes a while cos of internet speeds

If you want to avoid uploading that much, you can install it from your webhost. some webhost
have functions for you to install joomla from your panel. That way, you'll only need to upload
your template, database and change a few configurations.

If you must upload, it might help to disable the timeout limit on filezilla.
Re: Re: Uploading Joomla Thru Filezzila by freedoman: 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Most webservers can unzip. So I recommend zipping your whole site in one zip, maintaining the folders as they are and then unzip with your webserver when uploaded.
In simple steps,
browse and locate your site locally,
from inside the folder 'select all', right click and 'send to' Compressed Zipped folder. That way when you upload and unzip to your root folder, all your site folders will show up and not just one folder containing all the other folders,
Of course upload with filezilla.
Then sit back and enjoy!
Hope this is helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Webmaster Marketing Partnership: Lets Partner And Promote Our Websites Fast / Vacancy At Afrisoft Interactive. / SQL Injection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.