Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,440 members, 7,920,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:51 AM

Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job (1524 Views)

Secure Your Job With These Habits. / Bank Teller Job With Diamond / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by myboo: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2007
Am in a delimma,
Pls i need u guys advice as regards this. I got a contract job with an oil company in PH. I am resident in Lagos and optimistic of getting a bank job as i am at the interview stage. Meanwhile for now i got nobody to hook with in PH{but may soon get} and am asked to resume after easter{contract job}.
To compound issues am running some professional programs that entails me being around lagos.

Nairalanders wat do i do?
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by moremia(f): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2007
congrats
u r so favoured to hav options
if i were u ,il tak the contract job wit d oil comp
because d banks r just 2 stressful.but stil go fot the bnk interview
all d best
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by akinkayode: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2007
;please i like to get ajob in the oil and gas industry opplease send me info on the how to apply of the contract job while congratulating you on the job offers
thanks mail me to akinkayode2@yahoo.com
or give your phone so we can talk
kayode
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by kuwena(m): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2007
The last time I checked, Nigeria was a country where the desired was hardly ever available, and the available consequently became the desired. Go to PH, you may fail the bank interview - who knows?
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by bruce(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2007
You really have got to many irons in the fire! If I were you make a pro-and-con analysis of each of the options you have.
You need to ask your self some questions which will enable you take the suitable option:

What importance is attached to this your programme and how will it benefit you better when you complete?

How long is the contract job going to last and is it worth forgoing you programme and all that you have invested in it? At the end of the contract will you be better placed at finding another job or becomming a permanent staff?

The programme you are running, what stage are you and can you forgo it and all you have invested in it?

How confident are you to pass the bank interview and how sure are you to be posted there in Lagos if you get the job?

I believe with clear and honest answers to these questions, your coast is clear to making the suitable decision. The major problem is the program you are running. However, the decision is solely yours to make. Think deep and go to God in prayers for direction as this is a critical one.

Advice: Sometimes, not always to me, A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH. That is, given the importance of the program and the possibility of shuttling Lagos-PH for the program.

Be Wise Friend!!! and Good Luck!!!
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by soweto: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2007
hi nairalander,i also need a contract job just like what you ve got.pls sent to any info that will be useful for me in getting such a job.thanks.
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by soweto: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2007
hi nairalander, congrats may i also requst that ineed such a contract job.please send to all neccessary information about it.thanks very mush. will appreciate
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by Oshebaba: 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2007
Congrats! Just weigh your options very well before making a move.
From what I've heard, Oil coy contract jobs require inside information to
get. Please kindly link us through your contact, when some other contract jobs
come up.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2007
Congratulations,
How can i also get a job in an oil company?
Please do send me a mail on this. My mail address is ade2me@yahoo.com
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by anozie: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2007
please am staying in ph can u sublet the job to me, u can get me tru chima_onu@yahoo.com
Re: Contract Job With Oil Coy Vs Bank Job by SOJ(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2007
Omoboy, i dont know o.U left us so may options to give an advice it looks like an aptitude logical reasoning test!
I think u should do what falls well in line with ur professional goals.i understand u r doing some prof courses already;that shows u value professionalism and would like to get further in ur chosen career.whichever will best help u in this regard is what i vote for!

(1) (Reply)

Shell, Chevron, Slb, Exxon Mobil Etc / Standard Alliance Life Assurance Plc Calling On Marketing Executives / Vacancy Alert!!! In Neo-life Int'l. For Lagos Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.